โšโงโšใ€€๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š•๐š˜๐šž๐š—๐š๐šŽ ใ€€// open cafe rp

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

โšโงโšใ€€๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š•๐š˜๐šž๐š—๐š๐šŽ ใ€€// open cafe rp

Postby lysander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:46 pm

ใ€€

โšโงโš
{ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐š ๐šŽ๐š•๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š•๐š˜๐šž๐š—๐š๐šŽใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€}
Imageใ€€
    Welcome to The Lounge, a casual, open roleplay taking place within the comfort of a cozy little cafe in the middle of nowhere and everywhere. You see, The Lounge is no ordinary cafeโ€” it lies between worlds and dimensions, allowing all kinds of curious characters to stop by and refresh themselves. All patrons stumble upon the cafe by accident at first, but once they've made the owner's acquaintance they will receive a business card that will allow them to be transported to the cafe whenever they wish. As such, this means peopleโ€” or even creatures and beings โ€”may interact within the cafe's walls and converse unrestricted by normal time and space boundaries.

The Lounge is designed to be a low-pressure, casual roleplay to fit everyone's schedules. Frequent activity is not required, and you may use as many characters as you wish. We encourage you to use this as an opportunity to test out new characters and to unwind as you please! We hope to see you soon!

x. rules ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€x. the cafe ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€x. staff & patrons ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€x. applications ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€x. faq
Last edited by lysander on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โšโงโšใ€€๐š›๐š˜๐š•๐šŽ๐š™๐š•๐šŠ๐šข ๐š›๐šž๐š•๐šŽ๐šœ & ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐š๐šž๐šŒ๐š

Postby lysander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:06 pm

ใ€€

โšโงโš
{ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐š›๐š˜๐š•๐šŽ๐š™๐š•๐šŠ๐šข ๐š›๐šž๐š•๐šŽ๐šœ & ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐š๐šž๐šŒ๐šใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€}
Imageใ€€

โ– ใ€€be polite & considerate.

โ– ใ€€roleplayers of all skills are welcome.

โ– ใ€€no ooc drama will be tolerated.

โ– ใ€€pg-13 content only; nothing more.

โ– ใ€€gods/powerful beings are allowed, but they will need to be restricted inside the cafe.

โ– ใ€€try to post at least a paragraph! this isn't a rule though so i won't enforce it.

โ– ใ€€please keep your post coding relatively simple; i want to be able to read your writing.

โ– ใ€€all ooc discussion and forms go in the ooc thread and form threads respectively.

โ– ใ€€all types of characters are allowed! don't god mod though!

โ– ใ€€you may use as many characters as you wish! just remember to label who's who.

โ– ใ€€there is no post frequency requirement. just come and go as you like.

โ– ใ€€please mark the discussion thread if you've joined.

โ– ใ€€pm me if you have questions.

โ– ใ€€rules may be subject to change.

ใ€€
Last edited by lysander on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โšโงโšใ€€๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ

Postby lysander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:14 pm

ใ€€

โšโงโš
{ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€}
Imageใ€€
    The cafe itself is not a large spaceโ€” what it lacks in volume, it makes up for in atmosphere and finely detailed decor. The furnishings are victorian and rococo influenced, but it is not overly ostentatious nor showy. The entire south wall and part of the ceiling of the cafe is made up of glass window panes, allowing for ample natural lighting to illuminate the space.

Warm amber-colored wood floors and dark green sofas can be found in the leisure area of the cafe, where a collection of books sit on shelves in the corner. Additionally, there are board games, card decks, and a free-to-use set of art supplies for the creatively-minded. A gramophone lies in the opposite corner.

Through an arching doorway veiled by a thick curtain lies another, smaller section of the cafe where a number of tables and seats can be found, thus actually looking like a cafe. At the front of this room is the counter where purchases can be made, along with a refrigerated display case for whatever snacks are on sale at the time. Fresh baked goods can be found on a bread rack to the side, and a small chalkboard on the counter denotes the day's special.

The cafe also sports a small seating area outside enclosed by high, ivied walls. A swing hangs from a tree there, and the yard also features a flower garden and a small greenhouse that houses seasonal fruits and vegetables. Attempts to climb over the walls will transport patrons back at the entrance of the cafe.

To reiterate: The Lounge is no ordinary cafeโ€” it lies between worlds and dimensions, allowing all kinds of curious characters to stop by and refresh themselves. All patrons stumble upon the cafe by accident at first, but once they've made the owner's acquaintance they will receive a business card that will allow them to be transported to the cafe whenever they wish. As such, this means peopleโ€” or even creatures and beings โ€”may interact within the cafe's walls and converse unrestricted by normal time and space boundaries.

L Y C A N T H U S โ€ƒCAFE OWNER

The sole owner and full time employee of The Loungeโ€” a strange character known as Lycanthus. Little is known about his past, but what is known is that he seems to be just slightly off. He seems to be fascinated with humans especially, thus implying he may be of a non-human origin, and he doesn't quite seem to understand emotions the same way others would. Most things amuse him in one way or another, and he seems to enjoy doing just about anything but his job. In fact, he seems to completely disregard the fact that he has customers to serve at all, telling them to "serve themselves" instead. He seems to be far more preoccupied with entertaining himself than he is with serving drinks.

Lycanthus claims to be a demon. Whether or not this is true is debatable, as he isn't the most trustworthy of people, but he does possess a great deal of magic powerโ€” none of which he is apparently allowed to use on others as long as he remains in the cafe. And, as it happens, apparently he is more or less trapped within the lounge's confinesโ€” and why? If asked, he'll say he made a bet with the devil and lostโ€” but the actual details of the bet itself seem to change with each retelling. Who knows what actually happened.

Despite his odd behavior and blunt, narcissistic personality, Lycanthus does enjoy running his little cafe and rarely means any harm by his words or actions. Although he may be difficult to understand at times, regulars will come to understand the way he works... eventually.

ใ€€
Last edited by lysander on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โšโงโšใ€€๐šœ๐š๐šŠ๐š๐š & ๐š™๐šŠ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š—๐šœ

Postby lysander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:21 pm

ใ€€

โšโงโš
{ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐šœ๐š๐šŠ๐š๐š & ๐š™๐šŠ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š—๐šœใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€}
Imageใ€€

ใ€€
Last edited by lysander on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โšโงโšใ€€๐šŠ๐š™๐š™๐š•๐š’๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š—๐šœ

Postby lysander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:43 pm

ใ€€

โšโงโš
{ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐šŠ๐š™๐š™๐š•๐š’๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š—๐šœใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€}
    Post completed forms to our form thread.
    Approval will be via PM.

โšโšใ€€username:
              your username

โšโšใ€€character:
              your character name

โšโšใ€€gender / age:
              self explanatory

โšโšใ€€staff?:
              yes/no. if yes, pick a position. we have positions for waiters, baristas, chefs, patissiers... i mean, ask the owner. he might make you duke of the lavatory if he feels like it. also, shifts? there are no shifts. the cafe's owner has a very nontraditional way of running things (i.e., he doesn't care) and shifts happen whenever... you feel like it. for pay, negotiate with lycanthus. he'll, uh. do something. about it.

staff should interact and welcome new patrons as they come and make sure no one feels left out! otherwise, posting requirements are the same as regular patrons.

โšโšใ€€appearance:
              either link an image, describe in ~1 paragraph, or both

โšโšใ€€personality:
              ~1 paragraph suffices

โšโšใ€€brief history:
              ~1 paragraph suffices

โšโšใ€€other:
              anything else you want to include! it can be ooc comments or notes or extra trivia about your character... go wild tbh. make a playlist. idc. you may style your forms and edit them with things like relationships and whatnot, it's up to you. all i ask is that it's easy to read! don't forget you can apply with as many characters as you please.

Code: Select all
    [list][list]

[b]โšโšใ€€username:[/b]
    [list][list][list][type here][/list][/list][/list]

[b]โšโšใ€€character:[/b]

[b]โšโšใ€€gender / age:[/b]

[b]โšโšใ€€staff?:[/b]

[b]โšโšใ€€appearance:[/b]

[b]โšโšใ€€personality:[/b]

[b]โšโšใ€€brief history:[/b]

[b]โšโšใ€€other:[/b]

[/list][/list]

ใ€€
Last edited by lysander on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:25 am, edited 8 times in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โšโงโšใ€€๐™ต๐™ฐ๐š€

Postby lysander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:48 pm

ใ€€

โšโงโš
{ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐™ต ๐™ฐ ๐š€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€}

How do characters come across the cafe?
You wrote that they stumble upon it by accident, but can friends of patrons eventually become members themselves?

friends of patrons can definitely become members! just ask lycanthus for another business card! or just, take one off the counter. he has so many. too many. please. take them.

What do the staff do? Are they permanently fixed at the cafe or have shifts and get summoned by the owner?

staff takes care of stuff like waiting, baking, serving and making drinks, cleaning and stuff like that. they have shifts, but ... lycanthus (the owner) largely doesn't care too much about enforcing them. so it's kind of an odd schedule. he runs things... oddly. in general.

How limited are the non-humans' abilities? Would the characters' weapons follow them into the cafe?

obviously no god tier powers or anything that could alter the cafe; it's an immovable pocket space. weapons are allowed in the cafe. basically, op characters must be nerfed enough to make them equal to other patrons. a god in another realm can visit, but they sure won't be doing anything godly.

Do patrons return to their universe "immediately" in the sense that they appear to have not left their universe at all? Or can they choose to go back at a later time?

both are possible! the passage of time is very wonky in the cafe since it exists outside normal laws of time/space!

What are the requirements for Staff? The same as customers or do they have a specific posting frequency?

the only real requirements for staff is that they welcome and interact with new patrons and help people feel welcome! there's no post frequency requirement outside of that really!

ใ€€
Last edited by lysander on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โšโงโš

Postby lysander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:49 pm

ใ€€

โšโงโš
{ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐šŽ๐š›๐šŸ๐šŽ๐šใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€}

x x x

ใ€€
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โšโงโšใ€€open

Postby lysander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:03 pm

ใ€€

โšโงโš
{ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐š˜๐š™๐šŽ๐š—ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€}
this roleplay is now open. post your form to get started.

ใ€€
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: โšโงโšใ€€๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š•๐š˜๐šž๐š—๐š๐šŽ ใ€€// open cafe rp

Postby WildCat :3 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:08 am

//Rosemary//16//4'7//open//
She turned off her ipod and walked into the cafe, hearing the familiar ping from the bell. The place where she could be herself. Wings grow slowly from her back and she accidently made Gold blast from the small speakers in the corner of the room.
"Oops.." She said, smiling awkwardly and clicking her fingers and the music stopped. She had a feeling the people here would not enjoy that kind of music. Rosemary walked over to the desk to order something.
still in use! back after a break :D
WildCat :3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: โšโงโšใ€€๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š•๐š˜๐šž๐š—๐š๐šŽ ใ€€// open cafe rp

Postby Yubel Fated » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:17 am

//Ari//28//??//??

Ari smiled gently at Rosemary. "Welcome to the cafe." he said walking over toward the counter. He paid no mind to the, to him at least, random blast of music that silenced as soon as it started.

"What would you like today?" he leaned against the counter out of her way to watch as one of his pokemon, the ever playful Alyssa, straightened up the chairs and various other out of place things she could see her ribbons twirling this way and that happily content with her task. Keeping one ear out for Rosemary he glanced toward his other pokemon, Sevvy, whom was napping on the floor behind the counter. He sighed gently and switched his gaze back to the woman before him.
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
gฬธฬขฬฎฬฅฬอlฬทอ”ฬ˜อฬ‘ฬอรฌฬถฬ›ฬ ฬ–ฬ’tฬธฬขฬฐฬฉฬ€ฬ”ฬพฬ•cฬดฬจฬ˜อŒฬ„ฬˆฬฬฟhฬถฬกอ™อ”ฬซฬ†อœอรญฬดฬฬŽอ›ฬ€nฬตฬกฬ˜ฬฐฬˆฬฬ”แธกฬทฬขฬจฬซฬฌฬ“ฬ€ leaves

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ