✧ ━ Bᴏʟᴅʟʏ Gᴏ! )) [open]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

✧ ━ Two! ))

Postby thunderborne » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:59 am

𝙲𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚍 𝙷𝚎𝚗𝚕𝚎𝚢
location;; on the bridge mood;; eager tags;; crew

As her crew members called out in response to her greeting, her smile grew wider and her spirits lifted. Everyone seemed equally excited to be here, which eased the small doubts in the back of her mind. Swiveling in her chair to look beside her at her CMO and Communications Officer, Astrid took in their postures and facial expressions briefly before laughing lightly at the Doctor's composure, already thankful that he appeared to be the mellow type. As much as she hated to admit it, she had a tendency to be high-strung, and anything medical gave her anxiety to at least some degree. The ship needed his kind firmness, as did she. "You look a little uptight, Doctor Lothbrook. Feel free to loosen up." She teased, making it obvious she was only playing, before swiveling her chair to the other side to acknowledge her CSO and First Officer. "Mr. Satek, it's nice to have you here. I hope you don't get too stressed out being my First Officer." Fingers tapping on the arm of her chair, a nervous habit she'd developed in school, she gave him a hopeful and more refined smile before turning away. Knowing him to be mostly Vulcan, the Captain was aware that he'd not be the touchy-feely type and thus she didn't press him too much- not yet anyway. When she'd first gotten his file, she nearly snorted from the humor of it; it was as if Starfleet purposefully gave her a second-in-command that was her opposite. But it didn't scare her; similarly to the case of Doctor Lothbrook, she needed a crew who would balance her out. Especially when she considered who her Tactician was, whom she'd purposefully addressed last.

Sung-Hyun Park's file was the most interesting one to have been placed on her desk, mostly because she already knew everything in it. He had entered the Academy in the class right after hers, and they'd become fast friends after having an entry-level class together. They were the 'dynamic duo,' and had been known for their antics and mischief while in school; the entire faculty was relieved when they were separated into different command tracks. But Astrid had made sure to keep in touch- she'd taken him under her wing his first day and refused to let go. And now, of course, she'd get to see him every day for the next five years. Once she thought about it, she figured that was also a probable reason for Starfleet choosing her CMO and CSO; they'd need all the help they could get dealing with the shenanigans of the Tactician and herself.

With such thoughts racing through her head, Astrid hopped out of her seat to excitedly approach the man, her expression matching his as she pulled him into a hug despite the unprofessionalism she supposed it was. To hell with appearances- she was the Captain and she hadn't seen her friend in years, she earned this. "Oh my god, it's been too long!! I can't believe it takes an assignment to bring us back together, of all the things! I was debating on requesting you, but before I even got the chance to, your file was in my stack; either someone really likes you, or they wanted to see the other officers lose their minds." Astrid pulled away with a sly smirk, recalling the accidental Science Lab explosion that had made the Board particularly infuriated, laughing at her own thoughts.
thunderborne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ ━ dakota))

Postby I'm done delete me. » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:25 am

[]DAKOTA CONWAY
        xxxxxx age: twenty-one || gender: female || crush: none || rank: ensign || outfit: gold uniform ||
        tags: open || position: navigator

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
        then young ensign was turning up late, but she wasn't rushing. she had mixed emotions about this but she had trained for this for four years and she felt ready for this but she guessed the nervous were starting to kick in. she knew she would be different to the others but she wasn't going to let that get in her way although if they do look at her like she was a freak then they might have something coming to them. she walked up towards the ship, she looked how big it was. it was bigger than she pictured she took deep breaths once she had boarded. she looked around seeing people getting ready and finding their positions. she went to go find her cabin and drop off her stuff before finding her place on the ship. once she was set up in her cabin she made her way towards the main bridge to find her seat. her hair was tied up in a ponytail, showing off her unusual ears. the young lady felt ready, but was she really in everyone eyes? she was still young but would they trust her. she didn't know whether anyone actually liked her although she had met the team briefly before today. she didn't know what vibe she was getting from them whether they wanted to be her friend or not or did they see her as to young to be here.
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxshe walked along the bridge until she came to deck, she looked around seeing some people were already here. she bit her lip and went towards her seat, she heard the captain and carried on looking around from sitting in her chair. in front of her she saw her navigating system it was just like the one she was training on but this was real, this is real life. she was nervous that she was going to make a mistake, she twiddle the end of her ponytail with her fingers nervously. she just looked in front of her just waiting to go.

[sorry for the shortness i was stuck haha.]
I'm done delete me.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ ━ Satek - Two| ))

Postby Chamrosh » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:59 pm

CSO Cdr. Satekhau T'Kerik

Satekhau gave Andrea an efficient nod of recognition; both for her as an individual and for her (what he presumed to be) happiness.
    ”There is no need to hope for that, Captain. It has occurred to me that I may have been assigned as one of few candidates who would not become overly stressed; your hope would be better placed in us not having to enter any situations likely to stimulate your own emotion.” He acknowledged her smile similarly to how he’d addressed Andrea- just a neat, curt nod. Nodding was simpler than copying the gesture. Humans were very good at picking up when he was merely copying a smile to match customs, and he’d soon given up on it; finding something more complicated than the simple nod of recognition that many humans used was, frankly, a waste of time.
    Satekhau had not expected quite the reaction that the Tactician mustered from their captain. He’d expected unprofessionalism from the captain- all Starfleet officers seemed to manage at least some at some point (they were only human)- but not so early. They hadn’t even embarked yet.
    Satekhau watched the newest arrival in the room from his peripheral vision. He knew well enough that she (the navigator) wasn’t fully human, but part ocampa. He appreciated having another not-full-human aboard; if the others were getting far too confusing, she might prove to be a useful fellow outside voice to explain the sheer alien-ness of humans at their most emotional stages- and at some point, he was going to have to ask either her or the exolinguist how humans could lose their minds (seeing as humans, like most species, could not remove their own brains).
    Quite apart from that, Satekhau was sure that he would be the only crew member who wouldn’t be somewhat suspicious of her telepathic abilities as a part-ocampa. Although there was only a tiny minority of Vulcans who could mind meld without extended physical contact (a minority he was not party to), it was still a form of telepathy, and from a cultural perspective, that rendered her abilities relatively normal. He doubted that any of the other crew members would really appreciate them. Humans, at least humans from Western cultures, had an irrationally large focus on privacy, over-riding the consideration that telepaths were extremely unlikely to want to know all their secrets anyway.
    But in the present moment, he addressed the Captain; ”Have you considered, Captain, that he may just have been the most skilled option that they had available to them? It would not indicate bias to choose in such a way, and I doubt that Starfleet command encourages their crew to misplace their brains.” He barely even paused before his first question, and surely there would be a lot of them over the next five years. ”What does your deity have to do with the decisions made by the command of a secular organisation?”

I felt like waiting a week for maintaining the original order was probably long enough, especially given the rules say at least 3 posts per week. Feel free to jump back ahead of me, though.
Also, if I see an opportunity for some pun about being only human, etc. you can expect me to take it.
Last edited by Chamrosh on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ ━ Venus 1st post

Postby Gray! » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:48 am

Venus|female|chief engineer|tags~open

Well, she was in her usual spot by the engine, her round working heat resistance glasses on causing her blond curls to poof at the top. She was doing a routine inspection and well not to lie, was also talking to the engine not in the way you would consider her crazy, in the way of just concentrating and her mouth having a mind of its own and rattling off words. She wiped some sweat off her brow and stood up.

"well you look to be in fine shape lassie" she stated before pulling the glasses to the top of her head, she walked out of the engine room, and walked to her room she entered and waltzed in, her room was decorated with random posters of inventions even from the longest time ago per say the wheel, she sat on her bed and grabbed an electronic trinket she had been working on,when she got hungry "that's my cue" she mumbled she stood up placing her glasses on the table and brushing a hand through her curls, she took a bit out of her sandwich and took a drink before she jumped 10 feet in the air when she heard a beep, she looked down seeing her timer went off.

She decided she should probably say hello to everyone so she would be acquainted with everyone, she stepped out and headed to the bridge, she brought her apple and took a large bite out of it before heading in seeing everyone " hello, everyone engines look good" she said taking another bite she wasn't great with starting conversations so she just finished her apple and crossed her arms awaiting a response.

[sorry it's short I had a bit of writers block]
Gray!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ Andrea Mei Yu [#002]

Postby 200765 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:07 am

• Lt. Andrea Mei Yu • 玉美雪 •
Communications Officer • 23 • Cabin, Bridge • Dakota •

Andrea listened to the captain and Tactician Park greet each other. It was obvious by their tone and the hug that they were close friends. She didn't watch for long though, as a girl with beautiful silvery hair walked onto the bridge. Recalling the information she had received when she was assigned to this ship, Andrea knew that the newcomer was the half Ocampa. Besides the girl's silver hair and bright blue eyes, she looked just as human as any other person from Earth. But Andrea knew that it was what possibly was in the Ocampa's head that made her different. Ocampa had telepathic abilities and she wondered if the abilities of her Ocampa parent was passed down to her. Andrea watched as the younger girl turned to her station and assumed that she was nervous by the way the girl was playing with strands of silver hair.

She turned her head from the part Ocampa as her attention was drawn to the captain and Satek, who was responding to the captain's statement about her Tactician friend. Andrea had to turn her back on them and pretended to be looking at a few flashing lights on her console to hide a smile. Through her interactions with Satek before, she knew how he would sometimes take human sayings literally but she was amused all the same.

At the Chief Engineer's entrance, Andrea turned around in anticipation. Her announcement about the engines' conditions made another round of butterflies rush through her. With the engines ready, that would mean they would be leaving soon.

Looking around the bridge, Andrea noticed that while most people were talking, there were a few—herself included—who were alone. She decided to approach the part Ocampa, wanting to reassure the Navigator who still seemed apprehensive. Whether she was nervous about the journey or about doing her job, Andrea couldn’t tell. "Hi," she said with a small wave, "I'm Andrea Yu, Communications Officer. How are you feeling about this journey? We'll be in space for quite a while. I suppose I'll start feeling homesick in a few months.” Realizing that she was rambling a little, Andrea laughed a little at herself and ducked her head. "Sorry, I'm rambling. Is this your first time on a journey like this?"

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀/☾ ━ Evangeline [001]

Postby Spock and Kirk » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:09 am

𝔼𝕧𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕚𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖 ℂ𝕣𝕠𝕨𝕝𝕖𝕪
".. And like the sea I am constantly changing from calm to chaotic"
☀-----------------------------------------------☾
|| Helmsman || 25 ||♥ Satek ||Location: Quarters, Bridge|| Tagged; -

xxxThe darkness behind my eyelids swirled around me. Deep breath in, deep breath out. Just focus, take the time to meditate, gather your thoughts. My eyes fluttered open as I completed the small breathing technique to help calm my pounding heart. It had been like this for the past few days, my thoughts flooding through my mind at a pace that I was not able to keep up with. I was constantly needing to fidget, to some how calm myself. The Medication that I had been given for it was wearing off as well, it always did. Every single day I had to take it to try to calm my thoughts but today there was no time to race to the med bay where I am sure that the staff would be willing to help me. They were all informed, especially the Chief medical officer-.

xxxThat was the last thought that I was able to process before my mind raced out of control again. I placed my hand on the wood that was in front of me. What is this?- shiny wood. What does it feel like? - Smooth. Are there any ridges?- One or two, imperfections from ware. My eyes traveled to the figure that was staring back at me in the mirror. My hair floated down across my shoulders as It usually did. The colours shining with iridescence through the waves of light that struck it from above. The light was tinted a blueish colour which danced off of the shiny collar of my uniform's neckline. While one my my hands was rubbing the small dresser assessing every single little part of it. My other hand had my fingers curled around grasping at my long sleeves. It seemed strange finally seeing myself in a gold uniform, the one that I had dreamed of for years and yet it still seemed like a shock. I released another sustained breath which managed to drain the remainder of my fast thoughts for the time being. I finally had myself under a good amount of control. I was actually standing on board the Enterprise getting ready for duty aboard a starship. A starship that i was going to be sitting at the helm of in a few minuets. Or maybe a half hour, depending if my thoughts decide to loose themselves again. At least I had finally learned how to control the way that my thoughts ran out of control. It was something that I had loathed myself for when I was standing in the middle of a crowd and I could barely speak because of how many thoughts were rushing through my head all at once. A hundred different voices speaking at me all at once telling me to leap in a different direction. I reached over towards a small stack of books grabbing my small black hair elastic. I pulled my hair back combing it through with my fingers to try to make it as even as possible before tying it back into a ponytail. It would be functional, keeping my hair out of my face while I was on duty. I was going to be on duty. What a strange notion-

xxxI had bowed out on going on a sailing trip for a week a long time ago. I had placed my application and I had been accepted, yet It is when I first starting feeing off for weeks at a time. I began to get anxiety about the trip that i had previously wanted to go on even though it seemed like it was going to be tedious. It was an adventure waiting to happen and I wanted to be apart of it. However I had to back out when an episode of Mania caused my anxiety about it, I did't know what was wrong with me but I felt like there was something seriously wrong that I could not just ignore as I had been told too. It was the trip of a lifetime and yet I backed out because I was too scared. What a good reason to try to skip out on a five year mission. Going to places that no one has ever seen before all because 'my therapist cannot join me'. When I scanned my eyes over that reason on the paper I found it silly, thankfully, and the adventure that had awaited me with open arms and yet I was going to give it up all because of the lack of my therapist. However, she had been my lifeline for the past little while. Which no one is really surprised about, when you have something that you cant understand and there is someone in your life who can help you understand yourself you hold onto that person with all your might.

xxxI took one last look at myself in the mirror deciding that It was now or never. It was much much too late for me to resign when I was this close to entering deep space. Its uncharted territory that will stretch my piloting skills to the limits. I am not the scared little girl I was ten years ago when I found myself unable to control my own head, I had grown and learned how to deal with the way that I function. Lets just hope that the skills that I have now will be enough. I stepped towards the door, the boots that I had put on went up to about my mid calf, they laced up in the front but had a zipper on the side. They were the most conformable thing I had since I discovered flannel. The door opened with a swoosh and I stepped outside sort of relieved that no one was around. I turned to my right, the door shutting behind me, and I crossed to the turbo lift. I once again felt my hands begin to pull at the sleeves of my dress. It was a nervous habit that I suppose I never managed to try to break. I heard the ping of the turbo lift open and some air gently pushed my ponytail off of my shoulder and a cool blue light welcomed me into the small device. Once again I was glad that it was empty, the last thing that I needed was someone trying to engage in conversation when I can barely keep my own thoughts in order. Its part of the reason why I enjoy being alone, I never can tell how I am going to react sometimes. I cleared my throat as I stepped inside ready to issue my command. "Bridge" My voice was much more shaky than I would have liked, I cannot blame myself but-. Im going to be meeting the captain for the first time and I want to make a good first impression. I suppose she knows about me already (Assuming she read my file), Nevertheless I want to try to conceal what is really going on inside my head. The doors of the turbo lift closed leaving me now in a more contained space with my own thoughts. Which was always a dangerous act, Especially when my thoughts were this cluttered. Some random thought might grab me by the leg and I would float away to my own world.

xxx The trip in the turbo lift was fairly enjoyable, it is when it stopped when my heart sank. I was here, on the bridge and-. My mind had gone blank. Am I supposed to say something? Do I just go to my station? In this very moment nothing came to mind. The doors opened with the same swoosh that they had before and revealed me, Dumbfounded and dry mouthed. Words dancing on the end of my tongue but not having the courage to leave my lips. My mouth was hanging open as I watched the small handful of people walking around on the bridge, they all seemed to have a role to play and yet I was just standing there as though I had nothing better to do with my time. However my eyes fell onto the Vulcan science officer. I felt my cheeks begin to heat up and I looked down trying to keep myself from blushing too much, I kept my eyes on the ground as I decided that I should move rather than give the people that I would be working with my best impression of a statue. I took a step forward, it was as though I thought the ground would collapse under me and turn to lava. Crossing to my station felt as though I were attached to a bungee cord that lead back to the Turbolift that had long closed behind me. I carefully sat down in the swivel chair looking out the view screen. Everything on the ships diagram on the small computer in front of me reported that they were all running properly. My eyes once again looked up to the view screen, It was going to be the best five years of my entire life.
Spock and Kirk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ ━ two

Postby bohdi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:19 pm

★ SUNG-HYUN !!
════════════════════════
[ tactician, feeling excited. tagged bridge crew ]

Sung-hyun giggled, returning the Captain's hug just as tightly. He was so relieved to be able to see her and work with her again. Like she had said, it had been years since they last saw one another, different career paths preventing them from planning a meeting. "I definitely charmed the top brass to get assigned to this ship. No one can resist my pizzazz." He teased, offering his friend a playful wink and another bright smile. "Although, they made me promise that I won't cause too much trouble for the other officers." Trouble did have a way to find the duo, from missing classes together to accidentally causing a minor science explosion. It found them and them always found a way out of it. Hopefully there wasn't going to be another lab explosion, it wouldn't be good.

He turned to look at the First Officer, a dark skinned Vulcan, as he spoke. The tactician placed a hand over his chest, acting completely flattered. "I think Command just wanted us both outta their hair for a while." The young man pestered, his tone laced amusement. Despite his comments, he knew fully well that it was a stroke of luck that he had been assigned to this particular ship. There were others in his tactical classes that he knew could have been better choice, and he was very grateful that out of the bunch, he was the one selected. Yet it didn't hurt to enjoy a little bit of fun, playing along that he had been 'a favourite' of the brass. "Plus, that deity has played some part in certain secular organisation's decisions. Why not this one?"
bohdi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Armansky I.

Postby sicksadworld. » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:12 am

Jᴇᴅᴇᴅɪᴀʜ Aʀᴍᴀɴsᴋʏ

I am the new pioneer, looking forward, never back. No longer content to wait for better times.

The empty shell of a room once called home was gazed upon by a tall figure in a doorway. The morning light had just began to creep through the dull coloured blinds and counter-tops and a desk could be made out through squinting eyes, the edge of a bookshelf stood out to the right, only full with an empty plant pot and a single key.
      This home, was in all intents and purposes, a fresh memory for the occupant, a study, a personal library, a safe space, a retreat. It was spine tingling to shut the door one final time, the click of the lock was almost deafening, scraping metal of the key drawn out in slow motion, he could almost taste the metal. A brief smile coated his lips.
      "Jedediah, you are a grown man, this is your step forwards, your future" the man spoke with such determination it was almost pure passion. A sigh and a light pat of the door signalled the eventual exit, the Enterprise beckoned, his new life pulled at his sleeve.
      His steps forward became more and more energised, into the waiting taxi ready to cart him off to the Academy, dull eyes sparked at the rolling city limits fading into the river and the modern buildings of Starfleet rising up from the shoreline.

Jedediah Armanksy had been waiting for over a year for a chance like this one. A full mission, a secured position and job aboard one of the most infamous ships in the fleet, he clung his large bag close. It was full of books, study papers and jars of research, all of which created quite an alarming noise as he strode towards the docking bay. He was still in civilian clothes, black frames clung to the end of his nose as he hurried along, an oversized beige knit jumper clung to his torso as the peeking collar of a dark green, slightly worn, shirt emerged from the collar. A pair of well fitted, ankle hugging black pants struggled to keep his gangly legs in check and smart black brogues caused an irritating slapping noise on the well polished floors.
      Skidding round hallway corners and slipping through bustling crowds it wasnt long till Armansky reached the vessels lower entrance. A quick check of his ID card and a fingerprint scan and he was cleared for entry, wavered along towards the medical suite where his office was located. His equipment and personal effects had already been brought up by courier and were stacked in the corner awaiting unpacking. A quick readjustment of his glasses and the loud placing of several specimen jars, secured onto a cupboard by clamps signalled his approval of the sudden move in. He glanced at the watch on his wrist, he should've been on bridge two minutes ago.
      A few choice Armenian words that any mother would gasp at made his frustration clear. In a quick, decisive moment he decided to uniform up there and then in his office, throwing his top clothes over the back of the desk chair and slipping on the familiar blue long sleeve top, adjusting the badge and neatening the fit. A deep breath and he regained some composure, a slight smirk tugging at the edge of his lips as he headed out once again, following the signs to the bridge, entering the lift with several other cadets, giving each a warm greeting.

The lift rose slowly, sounding out a small dinging noise as it reached the bridge floor and the doors opened to a blindingly white room, people mulling around each cheery and bright eyed as the next. Jed was taken aback by the sight in front of him, chuckling out of shock and awe, rubbing his hands together then running one through his hair, striding through into the room just as the Captain greeted everyone "Hello kapitan" his thick Armenian accent had a tendency to appear on certain words, he gave a quick two fingered salute before placing himself next to the recognisable chief medical officer, whose report had stated that his name was Francis Lothbrook.
sicksadworld.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ ━ Three! ))

Postby thunderborne » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:28 pm

𝙲𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚍 𝙷𝚎𝚗𝚕𝚎𝚢
location;; on the bridge mood;; eager tags;; crew, jedediah

Astrid noticed Ensign Conway enter the bridge, as well as Lieutenant Jones and Lieutenant Crowley, and acknowledged them both with a smile and a nod to show her happiness at their presence. The engineer's assurance of the condition their engines were in was much needed, as a hiccup this early was surely a terrible sign. Astrid wasn't particularly superstitious, but she had her moments, and the last thing they all needed was an issue as big as an engine malfunction. With that worry now tamed and tucked away, the Captain turned her focus back onto her First Officer and her Tactician, beaming good-naturedly. "Well, Mr. Satek, if they chose the best it would've been more logical to choose a crew with real experience, would it not? The fact that we're here in the first place is pretty illogical. But I'm willing to roll with the punches. I'm more in favor of Lieutenant Park's theory; we caused quite a stir during our Academy years." She explained, finding humor in the Vulcan's reactions to their statements but not belittling it in any way- the young woman actually found his thought process quite interesting, as it was entirely different from her own. That was part of the reason she loved Starfleet, after all; so many contradicting personalities had come together to create something that was usually harmonious, which was not any average feat. "As for deities, you can take them or lose them; I'm not sure they apply much to deep space, but whatever makes you feel better." Astrid teased, nose crinkling slightly from her ever-broadening grin. It was a pleasant conversation, but she knew that she had business to attend to; the rest of the ship needed to be alerted that they were about to depart, with their Helmsman now in position and the brief 'OK' from the ground crew in the Starfleet base. After pushing her thick hair out of her face, Astrid clapped her hands together before turning to face the rest of the bridge. "Alright, ladies and gents! We're about to be off; I suggest taking your positions. Lieutenant Crowley, if you'd kindly prepare for take-off." She flashed a grin at the other female, before moving closer to her chair with a spring in her step. "Lieutenant Yu, open a comms line to the rest of the ship." Astrid finished, planning on addressing the crew of their current objective.

As she made her way back to her chair, she noticed the turbolift open to reveal the man she knew to be their Head Nurse, Jedediah Armansky. He looked exactly like the image on his file. As he should, she reminded herself, because it's supposed to be current. And yet, she couldn't think of a time when a Starfleet-regulated photo did anyone much justice; this was a first. His walk was confident and his stature tall, and the Captain chuckled at his salute to her. With a nod in his direction, she smiled in a more relaxed fashion, less loud but no less enthusiastic of genuine. Something about him put her at ease- which must be why he holds the position he does. Breaking her split-second mental interlude. "Mr. Armansky. It's nice to have you aboard." And with that, she finally sat back into her chair, crossing one leg over the other and sitting up straight, arms braces leisurely against the arm rests.
thunderborne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀/☾ ━ Evangeline [002]

Postby Spock and Kirk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:45 pm

𝔼𝕧𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕚𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖 ℂ𝕣𝕠𝕨𝕝𝕖𝕪
".. And like the sea I am constantly changing from calm to chaotic"
☀-----------------------------------------------☾
|| Helmsman || 25 ||♥ Satek ||Location: Quarters, Bridge|| Tagged; -

xxxBeing at my station was a sigh of relief. It was like retuning to something that seemed to have a hint of normality to it when the rest of the world was spinning with confusion and the unknown. I was still nervous about the entire trip, was this the best idea in the world or was it going to go up in smoke? With me having to take leave because of my illness beginning to compromise my ability to be in control of an entire starship? I cannot think that way, I cannot afford to think that way. According to my therapist I often focus on the outcome of things rather than focusing on the thing itsself, sure its five years in space but how is that any different from anything else that I have been doing? I have spent my entire life struggling with my illness and nothing about this trip is going to change it. Its my first real chance at getting to be on duty. I was lucky enough to be on the ship with the phantom as well, even if I am going to be acting a lot like the one on stage. Minus the mask and the incredible musical talent. Its always been something that I have struggled with. Even in grade school when I needed to learn the flute it was never something I was able to master, I always hit wrong notes in the middle of the bands performances making the discordant sound drown out the lovely melodies that the rest of the band produced. Even my parents had to give me a talk about the career that I had wanted to pursue in music when i was thirteen. It was a good thing too, before I blew my Professors eardrums out with my horrible white noise that I called music. I still had the flute however, the silver was horribly tarnished from its lack of use and a few of the keys had continued to stick. I assumed all of this was from the fact that I barely touched it after I began studying at the academy. What was the point? Other than of course getting my roommates to leave whenever I wanted some alone time. Even they complained about how bad I was at the instalment shocked that I still owned it along with two binders full of music.

xxxThe memories began to seep through the nervousness that I had previously felt. I remember that the Captain had acknowledged that I had entered the bridge as the rest of my fellow officers seemed to be so caught up in their own duties to notice my awkward arrival. At least no one seemed to be pointing it out, or trying to engage in conversation when my thoughts were beginning to race again. However my memories of my musical past began to drown out all of the rest of the noise, it was funny how much my memories were able to take me from the present. My slender fingers danced over the consul that showed all of the engines of the ship, the diagrams that I had spent years upon years studying so that I could live in this very moment. Ready to leap into the real world of space travel. This was not a simulation... I was actually in control of a federation starship. My eyes glanced over at the navigator that sat next to me before making their way back to the panel in a split second. Some part of me enjoyed being invisible to the rest of the public, even if in this situation it was going to be next to impossible. Maybe when I am not needed on active duty I will be able to keep my head down and read in my quarters. All away from the prying eyes of others, I remembered that I had brought my flute with me. I suppose it was a reminder of the past, and the fact that I was not one of the lucky few who had a visit from the angle of music. That is when I heard his voice. That beautiful voice that made the rest of the noise fade into oblivion. I looked up towards the view screen seeing a little bit of a reflection in its glossy finish. There he was, The Vulcan commander whom I had mistaken for the phantom when I had first seen him. I know that his name is not Erik but I almost called him that a few times. I suppose now I will have to watch that more closely. Especially since he is my superior officer and I could land myself in a heap of trouble if I call him that while on duty. I just watched the transparent reflection in the view screen for a while hearing his voice before it cut off. I began to hum slightly the main theme from the musical that I had become do familiar with over the last few years as my eyes dropped back to the panel in front of me. A smile danced over my features before a voice cut off my train of thought.

xxxThe captain had given her orders, but it was something that I had not been ready for. I jumped a little bit feeling my chair swivel with the sharp actions that my body had done out of shock. I took in a deep breath trying to regain my thoughts which had began to race again. The fright was probably not helping, I also began to feel my cheeks begin to burn with an all too familiar blush. This time not because I was staring in the face of the Vulcan Angle of Music but rather because I had been so caught up in thinking about him that I had not expected to be given an order. Especially one while I was on duty. I Continued to go over the systems of the ship, disengaging the external initial dampener making sure that the ship was ready for launch. "Aye Captain" My voice was meek, almost invisible. What a way to make a first impression! The captain probably thinks that I am-. I felt myself begin to flood with thoughts of self-loathing. How could I do such a thing? Allow myself to get so caught up in matters that I was unable to control, and that could potentially affect my ability to be in control of a starship. Starfleet believed me to be ready, I don't think that there will ever come a day where I feel like I will be ready. I cleared my throat a little bit before finally gaining the courage to speak up once again, this time making sure my voice was filled with a false sense of confidence. One that was a facade for what I was really feeling. "Aye Captain" Thats much better. I still had Satek on my mind, his real name sounded strange. As though it didn't belong to him, even though it belonged to him so much more than Erik does. Its not even close to being a traditional Vulcan name, most of them beginning with "S" in order to honour the founder of their logical ideals. Taking a culture that was almost completely surrounded with violence into a peaceful and prosperous nation. Besides, it was against regulation for us to be anything more than friends. I suppose I can dream, but whats the point when those dreams are ultimately futile?
Spock and Kirk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me