A L T E R E D (Closed)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

A L T E R E D (Closed)

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:21 pm

Image by Amadvr of WikiMedia Commons.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▜
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
          - Robert Frost
▙xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Six High School students from various classes are dropped into another dimension. The rules of Earth no longer apply. Magical creatures dwell here, unlike any these students have seen before. In order to get by, these high school students need to work together. Human aiding human. But High School and be a petty place, and teenagers can sometimes feel immune to the dangers around them. With all their past history and current emotions, will it be possible for them to work through everything together? Or will the old cliques of school fall back into place, preventing them from getting along? And is everything truly what it seems?

Last edited by Burrito Bunny on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules + Explanation

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:41 pm

This rp may be a bit different than others on this site. For starters, I have already made the characters (for the most part). While there is still some room for the player to change them around, I have made a good portion of the form. This is too allow the characters to have complex histories involving other characters, and also for the characters to have secrets...yes, secrets. I have made two forms: a public form, and a private form. The public form contains everything the other characters might know about yours. It is the basics. The private forms or for your eyes only. It contains the character's most private thoughts, private history, and sometimes even details about the other characters pasts. With secrets come more drama! Since I already know everything about all the characters, I'm not going to play one. Rather, I will control the world/extra random characters (npcs) and try to steer the rp a bit to keep it on my plot. A "dungeon master" or "game master", if you know the game Dungeons & Dragons.

Rules

1. Experience
    Sorry to the newer players, but for this role play I would highly suggest being very familiar with the art of role playing. It is hard to use someone else's form, and you're going to half to for this role play. I also want to see emotional moments handled with care. So, I'm not going to place any limit on it, but just please be comfortable with role playing if you ask me for a part.
  2. Activity
    Please plan on being active if you want to join. I don't want this to die. I've put quite a bit of work into it. There are only a few spots. It will fall apart quickly if any character becomes inactive.
  3. Characters/Forms
    I will provide you with two forms when you join. They will require you to fill them out a bit (just to finish off your character a bit). Only one (the public form) should be posted to the discussions page. I will provide basic coding on the form when I give it to you. Feel free to use it as is. If you really really really want to do additional coding you can, but I really don't care. I don't want this to die because people won't post their forms because they are having some sort of fancy coding contest.

If you want to join, pm me with the character(s) you are interested in. I will then show you the public forms (which are more detailed). You can then pick a character, I will give you the private form. At that point, no more switching! You've joined, and that's your character! Only one character per player.
  4. Plot
    I've already written out a rough plot. While I will adjust it a bit to match your actions, I would like to generally follow it if we could <3
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:19 pm

1. Reza Bellemore
    -Freshman, 14
    -Female
    -feather_light_flight
    She works oh so very hard at school, and she gets good
    grades. Not from sheer intelligence, but because
    she studies like her life depends on it. She is bossy
    despite being short and younger than the others.
    However, with her tenacity, it seems like nothing
    can stand in her way. She just has to get respect,
    force other to recognize her despite her height
    and age.

2. Sam Lashaw
    -Junior, 17
    -Male
    -Korra's Left Foot
    He has been studying languages for many years, and he
    loves them all. He wants so badly to see the best
    in everyone, and every culture. He believes strongly
    in understanding a people completely before
    judging them. That's why he learns languages: to get
    closer to the world itself. He just wishes his family had
    more money so he could actually travel the world to
    speak with the peoples he feels so connected to.

3. Annalise Redwood
    -Junior, 17
    -Female
    -stripez
    She is a sweet girl; a happy, outgoing optimist. Love fills
    her life in the form of her boyfriend (a guy she's been
    with since freshman year). Their relationship has gone
    to their heads, but in his absence she finds herself
    becoming fond of other guys instead... And who knows
    if they ill even get back to Earth? And if so, her
    boyfriend will never know she has a crush on another
    guy, will he?

4. Ashton Grey
    -Senior, 18
    -Male
    -Raya36
    He's always been very, very smart in the areas of math and
    science. Things come naturally to him. But he's shy, and
    others often walk all over him, stealing credit for his
    thoughts. He doesn't have the courage to confront them,
    and he's decided it's okay for them to bar him from
    recognition. However, he can only be pushed so far. One
    day something will come up so important he absolutely
    cannot let others morph his words. He will seek his
    deserved recognition. It's only a matter of time.

5. Anastasia Lee
    -Senior, 18
    -Female
    -growl.lingo
    Teachers love her. Students tend to hate her. It's all because
    she manipulates said teachers and those in charge. She's
    a classic teacher's pet. She's their angle and can do no
    wrong. Although they have no proof, others often think
    something about this girl isn't quite right...her sweet voice,
    kind actions, manipulative suggestions... She might not be
    quite the little angle she shows herself to be.

6. Issac Moen
    -Sophomore, 16
    -Male
    -Cling.Clang.
    He's never taken school seriously. In fact, based on his...
    less intelligent actions, some may question if he knows
    what the word "seriousness" means. Of course he does, he
    isn't completely stupid, but he might not really understand
    the concept for, everything seems like a joke to him. A
    prankster and a jokester, he can often often get on people's
    nerves, even if his intent isn't malicious.
Last edited by Burrito Bunny on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:37 am, edited 17 times in total.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Recap

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:21 pm

I'll recap here if needed!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Extra

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Reserving, just in case.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Start

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:21 pm

It was a Tuesday. Nothing special. School ticked by like any other day, a bleak winter sky casting an oppressive grey outside beyond the windows. It was currently in the middle third period at Dewhurst High School. The end of the day was approaching, but still a few hours away. The students went about their classes as usual. All appearances would suggest it to be a bland, forgettable day like any other.

Abruptly that all changed though. At exactly 12:06 the school started rumbling, trembling violently enough to toss books from the shelves in many of the classrooms. At first it was assumed an earthquake was striking the area. However, the school was the only building being affected. Although a couple students sustained minor injuries from falling objects, nothing about the situation would have indicated what disastrous event was about to happen next.

In six classrooms, spread all over the school, the titles lining the floor began to crack, splintering apart with deafening sounds. Students screamed and order fell apart in these rooms as people desperately tried to flee through the narrow door way, but in their haste clogging it so none could escape. The cracks only grew, a pale blue light poking through the gaps. Suddenly an area of the floor blasted apart, the light swirling up to form a portal of sorts. From the depths of the swirling energy a ray shot out, seeming to select a student. The tendril of light pulled at its target, sucking the the student towards the portal steadily, no matter how hard they struggled. Then, the second the student touched the swirling blue energy they fazed out of existence. The portal dissipated as well seconds later, leaving a crater in the floor where it had appeared moments before. Instantly the building stopped shaking. Everything was eerily silent, minus a couple sobs and eventually the whining sirens of approaching emergency vehicles.
    --------
    In another land a similar portal opened about a yard above the ground, except instead of six small gateways there was just one larger one. One by one the abducted students fell through it, landing ungracefully face first in the sand. Just as it had in the school, the blue light faded away as soon as its job had been completed. No trace of it was left behind, except for the six bodies that now rested bellow where it had once opened.

Around the six students spanned a beautiful landscape. In one direction thin, spindly birch-like trees extended upward towards towards a sapphire sky. Their thin branches topped with ruby leaves, which waved slightly in the cool breeze. The floor of the forest was covered with red poppy-like flowers poking through thin grass. Gentle noises rose from within the forest, which sounded vaguely like the birdsong the students would be familiar with. In the other direction crystal clear water lapped gently at the sand. The waves pulled back into a larger body of water which spread out as far as the eye could see. The deeper areas of the ocean were tinted a bright blue, like the hot springs in Iceland. The sun was high in the sky, its beams bouncing off of every surface.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A L T E R E D (Closed)

Postby stripez » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:09 pm

x
x

𝒜nnalise 𝑅edwood - 17 - 𝐵isexual

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx𝐿ocation; unknown - 𝒯agged; n/a
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    A mumbled "ouch" could be heard from the blue-haired girl upon her tumble to the ground, rather ungracefully if I might add. Slowly sitting up, she rubbed her forehead with the heel of her hand, blinking her eyes at a rapid pace. Though when she realized where she was, she froze in place. She hadn't exactly payed much attention when she fell through the portal, she had simply thought that she had tripped over something. Though what surprised her even more was that she wasn't the only one. Looking around she noticed five others, though she couldn't tell who they were since they were face-first in the sand.
    "Uh, you guys alright? need any help?" she asked, wondering if she could help any of them up or anything. She truly hoped that none of them would be injured.
stripez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feather_light_flight » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:06 pm

XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXR E Z A
XX14/ Female
XXE D U C A T E
XXannalise
XXE X P L O R E
XX4'8"/ 68 lbs
XXS U C C E E D
XXirritated
XXN U R T U R E
XXXXXXXXXXXX
The day shouldn't have taken such a dark turn. Reza had been a good girl, she had been up all night studying, she had even managed to ace her last spanish test. And now, she was slammed face first into a pile of sand, quite literally. Groaning in aggrivation, the young red head pulled herself up, dusting herself off and glancing around. At the sound of another girl, one she recognized as half of a matched set- if you catch my drift- she let loose another groan, lowering her head into her hands.

"What kind of hell has been unleashed for me to...wait, what even happened? Where are we?!" A tinge of panic echoed through Reza's voice as she glanced around, taking in as much of her surroundings as she could, "I was just in class...where did our school go? Where did our town go? If I'm late to dinner, mom is gunna kill me!" Puffing up her cheeks, the girl tugged her hair back, winding it into a low pony tail to keep it out of her face. This wasn't how the day was supposed to go.
feather_light_flight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raya36 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Ashton Grey||18||Tags: Annalise, Reza, and the others

Ashton picked himself up off of the ground while wiping sand and grit off of his face and clothes. He squinted as his eyes adjusted from the dull classroom to the beautiful, bright landscape that somehow stood before him. His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to process what had just happened. One second he was in his bio class learning about the Annelida phylum, the next he was here. Wherever "here" was.
A girl beside him he thought he recognized was the first to speak. Was he alright? Besides a few aching limbs from landing on the hard ground, he guessed he was. Apparently being thrown face first into the ground from some sort of weird portal hurt.
"Ummm, yeah," he replied, looking around to see if everyone else was okay. A girl he didn't know was getting up and went into full panic. He didn't know what to do to calm her so he stayed silent. He wasn't exactly a people person and would probably just make things worse.

Raya36
❞𝕄𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕜𝕪 𝕞𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕒.
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆Trades AkumiIrako ©⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆
working on collecting all cats,
deer, snakes, birds, and otters.
always love trading
have: moon dragon egg, fae foxes,
list pets, all my items, and tons more
Raya36

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stripez » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:22 pm

x
x

𝒜nnalise 𝑅edwood - 17 - 𝐵isexual - 𝐿ocation; unknown - 𝒯agged; reza, ashton

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    Once two of the others sat up and revealed their faces, Anna's eyebrows scrunched up. She was trying to figure out if she knew them or not. After a few moments, she had come to a conclusion. She didn't know either of them, though she didn't mind, it gave her a chance to make new friends, she had always been outgoing.
    "So I don't think I know either of you, what's your names?" she asked, fully facing towards the two, head tilted to the side curiously. While awaiting a response, her eyes glanced over to the other three, who still seemed slightly out of it. Her eyes visibly saddened at the sight, hoping that they would be alright.
Last edited by stripez on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stripez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me