A L T E R E D (Closed)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: A L T E R E D (Closed)

Postby feather_light_flight » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:49 pm

XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXR E Z A
XX14/ Female
XXE D U C A T E
XXall
XXE X P L O R E
XX4'8"/ 68 lbs
XXS U C C E E D
XXstarstruck
XXN U R T U R E
XXXXXXXXXXXX
A new voice caused Reza to turn, only to be faced with a....horse...man...wait what?! "Um...what...uh..." Reza wasn't usually shocked, but...seeing a centaur was a pretty effective way to shut her up, for a second at least. "We...were kind of kidnapped against our wills. There was an earthquake and then a portal and then we ended up here." Don't get her wrong, a centaur was pretty freaky, but she knew that she'd rather have this huge, looming hulk of a creature on her side, than trying to kill the group. She didn't know much about centaur lore, but what she had read in books varied wildly. "I'm Reza. Who...who are you...and...why....well no...are....you're a centaur..." The girl settled for an awkward statement, still starstruck by the man that stood before her.
feather_light_flight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby growl.lingo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Anastasia Lee || 18 || Portal Clearing || Centaur
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Anastasia really was feeling warm right about now. It seemed two could be ticked off her list of those she wanted to on her. Well wanted not really, but at the time needed. So this little, well actually rather large, intrusion from a rather large looking horse beast was the icing on her cake. Fear really should have been the obvious response instead she had I Told You So dancing in her mind already. Before she could voice them however, the beast spoke. That for once easily took the words out of Anastasia. Running she could have done, wild animals not something she had dealt with often but she was fit enough to run away or climb a tree. Intelligence in something that should have been as dumb as a rock was something else entirely.
    For once it seemed that Reza and Anastasia were on the same page. The girl nodded dumbly taking a step to be behind Ashton, her hands on his shoulders. Sure she was hiding herself, but if it came down too it someone needed to stumble and be the bait. She hoped it wouldn't come to that it would ruin her place in this group as well as cause her to lose her favorite here, but she wasn't risking death for these people. It hadn't attacked though so maybe it wasn't a violent animal? Swallowing something she realized might actually be fear she spoke as well. "Where.. Where is this place?"
growl.lingo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stripez » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:26 pm

x
x

Annalise Redwood

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    The day had already been going quite strangely, but this defiantly had to top it all off. By this of course I mean the horse-man-thing standing in front of her, what else would I be talking about?
    A mouth gaped open soon turn into a large grin as she actually thought about the situation. This had to be the coolest thing she had ever seen, and it didn't exactly look like it was about to attack them, it seemed quite friendly. Though of course she didn't exactly what it was. Whatever it was though she had a strange urge to treat it like an actual horse and stroke it or something, out of curiosity of course.
    After a few moments of standing in place like a mannequin, a statement finally came out of her mouth. "wow... y'know I think I actually like this place", crossing her arms with a smile and tilting her head, chuckling.
stripez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Korra's Left Foot » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:14 pm

sam lashaw .[ seventeen / junior
......tagged [ the group

Sam swiveled his head as a familiar voice. Annalise was here too? At least there was someone else he knew well enough. There was talk about remaining on the beach or trying out the forest. Sam was indifferent on the matter, though the forest would probably be more valuable when it came to shelter and water. It was great that everyone was thinking ahead like that, but god, they shouldn't have to. Before any of the students could make it off the beach however, a rather strange creature - person? - came to greet the group. Sam squinted, making sure he wasn't just seeing things. That's a centaur. Yup. Definitely.

He was overflowing with questions himself, but some of the others pretty much asked the basics already. "We're not in Kanas anymore," Sam muttered sarcastically. If anything, he was amazed: the clear waters of the ocean and beach with sands that stretched on endlessly; not to mention the ruby forest that their new visitor appeared from. "Do you have anything to do with this?" He found himself chiming in anyway, adding to the assault of questions the centaur was receiving.
Korra's Left Foot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raya36 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:50 pm

Ashton Grey||18||Tags: Group

Ashton blinked a few times not believing his eyes. A centaur was standing in front of him. He felt like he was being thrown into one of those Greek myths he had studied. Was he thrown into a Greek myth? Anastasia ducked behind him, probably using him as a shield more than anything, but he didn't mind. The centaur didn't look like it wanted to attack them. The group let out an onslaught of questions so Ashton decided to stay quiet and let him respond.

Raya36
❞𝕄𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕜𝕪 𝕞𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕒.
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆Trades AkumiIrako ©⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆
working on collecting all cats,
deer, snakes, birds, and otters.
always love trading
have: moon dragon egg, fae foxes,
list pets, all my items, and tons more
Raya36

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:11 am

The centaur was met with a barrage of questions. But that was okay. Questions were good, especially since they didn't seem particularly hostile. He still kept his distance though, both for his sake and the teenagers' who stood before him. Some of them certainly seemed frightened of him, and he was none to eager to come closer to them either. Yes, definitely best to keep a distance.

The next step was to answer the mess of questions that had come flying his way, or at least provide some sort of response. He decided to start with the simplest one. 'Who was he?' He was sure they'd want a name to call him by, as humans seemed to do. That was fine, he had a name, and he'd give it, even if this wasn't how introductions usually went in his own culture. "I am Beyos, Phantom Warden," He declared. His expression softened a bit. "And yes, I'm a centaur." He said with a slight laugh in his voice, looking at the befuddled freshman. He quickly looked away, not wanting to insult her, instead addressing the entire group again.

"This area is called Uswana. Pretty place. It's relatively untouched actually...one of the few beautiful places left," He shook himself from that train of thought. He shouldn't be telling them about the wars. "I believe you are humans, which come from Earth? Your kind is quite rare here, quite rare indeed. From what I've heard though, Earth lacks magic, something that is in abundance on our planet. We call it Gaclor, although some other species have their own names for it in their ancient tongues. As for how you came here, I have a guess. But the reasoning is complicated. Basically, sometimes the magic between our two worlds, Earth and Gaclor, touches and it causes anomalies, or holes, if you will. Sometimes people just, fall through. They wind up here. Sometimes it happens in the reverse as well." He scraped the ground with a hoof absentmindedly. Perhaps relationships weren't best built on pillars of fragile lies, but he had no choice given the situation. "I myself had nothing to do with this, with you...but I suppose I can try to help you out if you need it."
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feather_light_flight » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:34 am

XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXR E Z A
XX14/ Female
XXE D U C A T E
XXbeyos
XXE X P L O R E
XX4'8"/ 68 lbs
XXS U C C E E D
XXthoughtful
XXN U R T U R E
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Reza smiled warmly, relief flooding through her as she shut the knife and stepped forward, holding out her hand to the centaur, "It would be amazing if you could help us get a lay of the land and find our way home. As said, I'm Reza. Thank you for explaining the situation to us, I'm sure such knowledge will help us astronomically." With a quick glance to the others, Reza silently willed them to introduce themselves. Having a local as an ally would be beneficial to the group, and not angering or offending such a powerful creature would probably do more good than harm.

She herself had recovered from the shock of such a creature existing, determined to press onward and find a way back home. She had a good life, and the young red head wanted it back. She resented being stuck in an unknown world with several kids who she appreciated at varying degrees.
feather_light_flight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stripez » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:47 am

x
x

Annalise Redwood

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    Of course Annalise was a little bit freaked out by the situation, and one could tell by her larger-than-usual eyes, but who wouldn't be. Panicking had never been the answer though, she had always gotten out of everything with an optimistic attitude, and this would be no exception. Sure a centaur in a magical world was a bit new to her, but she'd eventually get used to it, and at least she had good company, in her opinion.
    Giggling a little at Sam's wizard of Oz joke, she shifted her weight from foot to foot and otherwise stayed silent for a while. Though when the centaur spoke again, which yes she now understood was a centaur and not a horse-man-thing, her attention was caught. She had known that she was defiantly somewhere but being on a completely different world, well that was... well out of this world to be honest. Once he offered to help them find their way back, she nodded her head with a warm smile. "That'd be lovely, thanks for the offer, that's very kind of you" she said with a friendly tone, tilting her head as she often did when speaking. When Reza introduced herself and hinted for the others to do the same, Anna nearly face-palmed. How rude of them all to not even introduce themselves and start bombarding the poor creature with question after question. "I'm Annalise, it's nice to meet you" she quickly stated, muttering a quick "sorry" afterwards.
stripez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Beyos Phantom Warden
Centar
Tags:
all
The little one sheathed the knife (what a relief) but then approached. Beyos, never one for contact of any kind (much less with humans) side stepped her offered hand. He didn't understand the gesture or what it was meant for, so he decided to just play it off like nothing happened.

A moment latter he processed the words. Oh, they thought he was going to lead them? Oh no no no no. He had things to do other than hold these six by the hand and lead them who knows where. With all his responsibilities to the tribe there was absolutely no way he could cut out that time. "Ah, it is very nice to meet you all as well. I may have been listening to your conversation a bit before stepping in, so I believe I've gathered your names." He explained, cutting off the introductions. "And I'm afraid you may have misunderstood me. I'm afraid I can't guide you to where you are going, not right now anyway. I have many responsibilities I must tend to at home. However, I can provide instructions for a safe plan of travel. I'd assume you are interested in getting back home, in which case I'd recommend traveling to a land called Squall's End. It's a long journey from here, but magic is much stronger in Squall's End. You will likely be able to find a way to control the dimensional rifts there." He paused for a moment, looking back into the woods. "If you travel south east, in that direction, you should eventually come across the kingdom of Fastaria. It's a pixie kingdom, though I doubt they'll cause you a lot of trouble. Safest route really. I'm sure the pixies can direct you more efficiently once you arrive. I'm hardly ever in the eastern land, so I'm not really qualified to direct you past that point."
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Korra's Left Foot » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:06 pm

sam lashaw .[ seventeen / junior
......tagged [ the group

Portals, centaurs, pixies, oh my. This was honestly a lot to take in all at once, but Sam retained his composure; he relaxed and let a smile creep onto his face when Annalise got his joke. Everything here was all too vivid to be a dream, so it must be real. The being introduced himself and even gave them a generous explanation of their questions and them some, so he and his race must be kind creatures, though Sam still didn't want to find himself on the centaurs' bad side if they were as skilled archers as stories suggest. When Beyos had previously mentioned that this land had it's fair share of humans, though small, that meant that there was hope for them yet. Surely Beyos wouldn't direct them into danger if he had already gone out of his way to aid the helpless group of students.

"Wow..." Sam ogled at the centaur's descriptions, "We really have to go on a journey then, huh?" He's always wanted to travel, but this was something else entirely. The chance to explore a whole new world wasn't even on the table when they (presumably) didn't exist, but here they were anyway. "Safest route" was a minor concern, however, implying it wasn't going to be a walk in the park. Questions flooded his mind of how long it would take, what should they expect, and many, many more. Instead, Sam opted to go a different route instead. "Thanks for pointing us in the right direction," he thanked Beyos after some of the others. Then just as precautionary measure he asked, "Is there anything we should look out for?" While it would be great if everything that lived here were gentle and peace loving, surely there was a food chain; it was just a matter of figuring out where they now fell on it.
Korra's Left Foot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me