( ♛. 무림학교 // moorim school )

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

( ♛. 무림학교 // moorim school )

Postby dorkasaurus » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:44 pm

────────────────────────────────────────────────
HONESTY, FAITH, SACRIFICE, AND COMMUNICATION
located near a mountain town resides a mysterious academy devoted to instructing
the next generation of members of the moorim world. at moorim instutitute, students
are taught a variety of martial arts and learn virtues through their challenges at the a
cademy. the school provides them with a safe environment that aids in their personal
growth aside from their studies. while located in south korea, the school accepts anyo
ne who is willing to go through the many trials its students must endure. it wasn't until
recently that the harmony in the moorim world began to fall apart. the school, clans,
and even the international moorim association are scrambling to get to the bottom of
the disturbances revolving around the mystical chintamani - an item which is said to g
ive its holder unbelievable powers. however, the key to it has been broken into three
pieces with each location being unknown to the moorim association currently. the dea
n seems to know more than he lets on, though, and several students appear to have be
en disturbed by the sudden turn of events surrounding the chintamani as even their fa
milies are dragged into the race to obtain the three key pieces. will the students be a
ble to pull through with all the drama alongside passing their difficult classes?
┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈
this is a 300+ word per post roleplay based on the kdrama moorim school and the man
hwa the breaker/the breaker: new waves. more information about the school below.

( I I I I’M THE KING ! ! )
Last edited by dorkasaurus on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dorkasaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ♛. 무림학교 // rules )

Postby dorkasaurus » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:21 pm

APPLY TO MOORIM SCHOOL
rather than having a limit to the number of characters, i will be having a limit to the num
ber of roleplayers. since this rp will center heavily on characters (individual growth and th
eir relations with the other students), i feel that this would be best. i am not going to lie, i
will be a wee bit selective about who is accepted, but if you are not, it's nothing personal.
i will likely be accepting 3-4 other people, and you won't hear from me until i've made the
final decision. i probably sound like a strict grump, but i swear i'm friendly and love chattin
g, so don't be afraid to ask questions as well! just fill out and pm me the form below:

Code: Select all
[size=85][b]two recent example posts:[/b] [url=linkhere]one[/url] and [url=linkhere]two[/url]
[b]one recent character form:[/b] [url=linkhere]here[/url] (dw i'm not judging your coding)
[b]how active are you on cs:[/b] estimated minutes/hours a day/week will do
[b]how active are you as a roleplayer:[/b] intended frequency of posts per week will do
[b]seen moorim school or read the breaker?:[/b]
[b]are you willing to contribute to plot discussion?:[/b]
[b]anything else you want to say:[/b] idk tell me a fun fact about yourself or delete this[/size]

너 지금 뭐하니? 이제는 내가 널 CONTROL
i. the minimum word count per post per character is 300. this length would be considered
at the writer's block level. it's acceptable, but don't post at the minimum every time.
ii. be open to lgbtq+ characters even if none are present in the roleplay.
iii. be able to handle having at least two characters. this doesn't mean you will have to w
rite for both every time. also, not all students have to be korean as students from all over
the world are welcome. typically, though, students are from eastern asian countries.
iv. you don't have to be a coding deity, but please try to keep your form and posts neat.
disable your lovely signatures both on this thread and the discussion thread.
v. communication is key. if you will be away for a period of time or eventually lose intere
st, let me know. this is intended to be a very chill and relaxed rp in the first place.
vi. following rule five, it is important that you contribute to the group discussion concerni
ng plot building and character relationships. this roleplay will rely heavily on the ideas of
its members, and i don't want to have to build the whole plot by myself. besides, many pl
ot points will revolve around the characters and their personal conflicts.
vii. as always, be kind and inclusive to everyone.
viii. characters should fall between the ages seventeen and nineteen and have realistic fc's.
ix. and this goes without saying, but follow all cs rules.
dorkasaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ♛. 무림학교 // world info )

Postby dorkasaurus » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:25 pm

( WELCOME TO MY WORLD ! ! )
ABOUT MOORIM SCHOOL
i. moorim school is both a high school and college. depending on the number of students
in attendance, they are split by age/grade level and/or beginner and advanced classes.
ii. students reside in dorms within the academy with two to three peers of the same sex.
rooms should be kept tidy and are prone for inspections by staff at any time.
iii. students must not leave campus without the permission of the dean, nor should they
attempt to damage the seal surrounding campus in any way, shape, or form. moorim pe
ak is also off-limits without the dean's permission (not that anyone would want to go).
iv. unexcused absences from class and disorderly conduct will be punished as seen fit by
the professor(s) in charge of the allotted period. additionally, suspension or even expulsion
may result from students showing or acting upon ill-intentions towards others. unless given
permission by a professor, no student should be using real weapons in any fight whether it
be authorized by a professor or not.
v. above all, the safety of the students is the school's top priority. under no circumstances
should a student be put in physical danger, and students will be treated equally no matter
their affiliations or background.

ABOUT THE MAIN CLASSES
( note: all classes, aside from meditation, have a beginner and advanced course )
a. each day begins with morning warm-up which includes stretches and a light jog. it is not
mandatory, but students are highly encouraged to participate.
i. meditation - not only does meditation help to regulate chi flow, it's essential for students
to get in touch with their trauma which inhibits their ability to reach their full potential. this
is often the most disliked class since few are able to uncover their trauma, much less overco
me it. however, it is one of the most important classes taught at moorim. don't fall asleep.
ii. culinary arts - hey, not everything has to be about fighting, and learning how to cook is
just as important as learning self-defense. besides, the kitchen can be a dangerous place.
iii. hand-to-hand combat - this is one of the most fundamental courses at moorim where its
students learn a variety of fighting techniques. students usually practice in pairs if they are
not being tested. this class also provides further teachings concerning chi and controlling it.
iv. weapons training - unless authorized by a professor, only practice weapons (wooden) are
used in this class. students may choose which weapon they work with, but all are required to
learn basic stick fighting.
v. professors reserve the right to work together and combine their classes.

ABOUT THE CLANS AND OTHERS
i. those who come from moorim bloodlines often belong to a clan. these clans are all connec
ted through the international moorim association. they vary in strength and number of follow
ers. major clans generally have a type of martial arts or a move unique to them and have scho
ols teaching such skills. the clan head's word is law, and it's rare for people to leave their clan.
ii. goomoonryong (nine arts dragon) was the strongest martial artist in over a hundred years.
he attempted to disturb the balance between the clans, the international moorim association,
and the chintamani by trying to take all three pieces of the key. he is presumed to be dead an
d looked down upon by a majority of the moorim world. some revere him as a god, though. in
the end, nobody is certain of what his true intentions were, but they assumed he was greedy.
iii. after goomoonryong was silenced, a mysterious clan named juk poong rose to power in the
moorim world. they claim to follow goomoonryong. however, they have made their intentions
clear and want to exploit the chintamani's power for their own gain.
iv. the dean, hwang moo song himself is an enigma, and his true aims are unknown. the others
are not aware that he is currently in possession of one third of the key.
dorkasaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ♛. 무림학교 // plot outline )

Postby dorkasaurus » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:39 pm

(확실히 나는 좀 달라 자 이제 BACK IT UP)
PART ONE
and this is the part we work on together lol
we'll try and have it so 1-2 characters have an arc dedicated to them
Last edited by dorkasaurus on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dorkasaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ♛. 무림학교 // students )

Postby dorkasaurus » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:52 pm

xxxx──────────────────────────────────────────────────

FAMILY GIVEN
    xxx
    FAMILY GIVEN
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────

FAMILY GIVEN
    xxx
    FAMILY GIVEN
    xxx
    no max to your number of characters

FAMILY GIVEN
    xxx
    FAMILY GIVEN
    xxx

FAMILY GIVEN
    xxx
    FAMILY GIVEN
    xxx
Last edited by dorkasaurus on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dorkasaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ♛. 무림학교 // extra )

Postby dorkasaurus » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:58 pm

res. just in case
dorkasaurus