the war of pirenne | dragons vs humans | closed

Fantasy animal roleplays featuring animals with special abilities/powers, or fantasy creatures such as dragons, unicorns, etc. However this category does not include fandom-based roleplays such as Warrior Cats or Pokemon

the war of pirenne | dragons vs humans | closed

Postby multicurious » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:31 am

For as long as there have been stars in the sky, humans and dragons have hated each other. The two species have always been at war, the death toll beginning to soar into into the millions as they tried to drive each other from their homeland of Pirenne. The war has become so long and so natural, that the reason why it even started has been forgotten. Instead of a temporary problem, it has become a way of life. A culture. And so The War of Pirenne draws itself out, with no end in sight.

"We who have seen war
never stop seeing it."
Last edited by multicurious on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the war of pirenne | wip/dnp

Postby multicurious » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:49 am

R U L E S

— Please try to use correct grammar and punctuation.
Good: "Hello, how are you?" She said, smiling.
BAD: hi how r u

— Try to post at least three full sentences. I understand if you've got 'writer's block' or something, but try to do more than "He smiled and left." It's very hard for someone to reply to that.

— Please, don't kill another person's character unless you've asked for their and my permission first.

— Keep signatures disabled! It's just cleaner.

— Dragons and humans can have powers if you want them to, but don't be OP.

— Drama is highly encouraged, just PM me for any plot twists that relate to the story.

— You can have as many characters as you can handle.

— If you're consistently online and posting in other topics but not in this one for over a week, you'll be removed from the character list.

— Put the word "scales" in the other part of your form to prove you've read the rules.

— No Gary/Mary Sues. Your character must have downsides. Nobody's perfect, after all.

— All of Tess's rules apply.

— You don't have to make a boy for every girl, but keep genders even. That being said, keep sides even, too. If you make a dragon, make a human and vice versa.
Last edited by multicurious on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Humans

Postby multicurious » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:11 am

The Human Kingdom

Founded thousands of years ago, the Grays family has ruled for generations . The castle walls have never been breached by invaders, thanks to the top of the line training the soldiers receive.

King > open

Queen > Lirian Grays/{star voyager}

Prince > Ahone Grays/Gallavich

General > Xiao Mei/julibee

Captain > Titus Eutherius/rebel scum

Soldiers >
    Mathias Iverson/cocogerber13
    Brenti Ahngeir/♢~Timewarp~♢
    Ashley "Ash" Hawkeye/MaidofHeart

Other > (Not accepting for now.)
    Moolettia Karvink/angel413
    Cain Dawson/rebel scum
    Adira "Echo" Frey/{star voyager}
    Jian Mei/julibee
    Dahlia Black/MaidofHeart
Last edited by multicurious on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 19 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dragons

Postby multicurious » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:27 am

The Dragon Army

Before the war, dragons lived as individuals without an active government. But when the war started, they established what was meant to be a temporary system. However, the army has become more permanent than they would have liked.

General > open

Lieutenant > Akela/Sᴏʟɪsᴛɪᴄ

Warriors >
    Thubin/♢~Timewarp~♢
    Kronos/rebel scum

Scouts >
    Kokyu/cocogerber13

Healers >
    Nymerra/Gallavich

Other > (Not accepting for now.)
    Jessica Marie Harper/Banana Dancer
    Vrhaemar/{star voyager}
    Aldara/angel413
    Akuji/angel413
    Copil al Mortii/Romeo Montagu
    Dominus/Fallen434
Last edited by multicurious on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 21 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Worldbuilding

Postby multicurious » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:26 pm

List of gods and goddesses that have been added to the game. Of course, this is optional and you can choose whether or not you want your character to be religious. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know!

Emas - Goddess of the Sky
    Keanos - God of Oceans & Seas
    Deintro - God of Stone & Earth
    Fotia - Goddess of Fire
    Krokinos - God of Duty & Honor
    Fasa - Goddess of Light & Healing
    Panouk - God of Sickness & Shadows
    Atigik - Goddess of Strategy & Scholars
    Fylla - Goddess of Forests & Wildlife
    Enton - God of the Moon
    Iilias - Goddess of the Sun
    Synko - God of Harvest & Wealth
    Chaison - God of Warfare & Triumph
    Drakon - Father of All Dragons

It is currently:

[X] Winter
    [] Spring
    [] Summer
    [] Fall

[X] Morning
    [] Afternoon
    [] Evening
    [] Night
Last edited by multicurious on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the war of pirenne | dragons vs humans | o/a

Postby multicurious » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:08 am

Lirian Grays

Lirian dipped her quill into the inkwell, bringing the eagle-feathered utensil back down to scrawl her signature across the bottom of the parchment. Another border skirmish with an angry dragon meant ten more dead soldiers, and that meant ten more condolence letters to grieving families. The queen sighed, leaning back into her oaken chair and pinching her nose. It was ten more among millions. As she signed off the last letter, her mind drifted to the financial side of the war. The dead soldiers had been accompanying a caravan of goods, a trade meant to go to neighboring kingdom. With the men dead, the goods were destroyed. The traders had been preparing that caravan for months; it was meant to secure Pirenne's wealth for another year. Lirian knew they would get by decently until the next trading opportunity(there a good chance that the citizens wouldn't even notice), but kingdom-wide luxuries would have to be small. And rare. Lirian fidgeted with the fire opal pendant at her collarbone as she used her free hand to push the letters aside. Now that the boring work was done, she could finally leave. She parted the doors to her room and left her chambers for the first time that morning.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chainshipping » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:45 am

[removed]
¯¨'*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' ¯¨'*·~-.¸¸,.-~*'
Stairs of the castle | tags; no one atm

Ahone was sitting on the curved, cold stairs of the castle, resting his chin in his hand as he made little blue and purple designs with his magic, murmuring a small chant to keep his magic going. He drew runes, swirls, really any geometric shape you can think of. Flipping his hand over so it was palm up, he saw his fingertips glowing the same color of his magic with a faint glow in the center of his hand since he’s pretty pale. He had done this many times before and always wondered why they did this, along with his eyes. Magic is supposed to be stealthly moved, or at least the mentor he had told him, but how is it so secret if your eyes and hands glow?!

He stopped chanting and watched the glow fade.
Last edited by raey on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font image removed
chainshipping

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jules_ » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:18 am

X I A O ---M E I
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rank ⇌ general
location ⇌ library
tagged ⇌ Prince Ahone

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Xiao barely supressed a sigh at the Prince's question. She didn't need the added stress of attempting to keep the queen's son alive while also doing her day-to-day job of running the army. "Well your highness, you can come with me to speak with her majesty." She told him, forcing a polite smile. "I have some new route possibilities to present, as well as updates on the matters at our camp outside the city." The reports of dragons near the camp was worrying, if she could she would have ridden out as soon as she recieved the news. Part of her wanted to order them to return and abandon the camp, but morale was at a low and she knew another retreat would deal a harsh blow. It killed her inside to not be with the soldiers herself, she trusted her captains but making decisions on a few scarce reports could have disatourous consequences. "Part of the war is bureaucracy," She told the prince, beginning to head up the stairs to the queen's chambers, "We can start there."
Last edited by jules_ on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:20 am

Titus Eutherius

The Captain || Location || Royal Army Forward Camp Delta || Tagged || Open

The dawn broke cold and early over the camp. The sky was grey, overcast, full of soft grey clouds that let only the occasional beam of sunlight filter through. It was the sort of weather that made soldiers nervous, for they could not sight any approaching wings from a distance the way they could on a clear day. The camp sprawled across a sparse plain, tents clustered together like animals huddling in a group for shelter from the wind that often blew harshly across the flats. To one side of the camp, a slow, broad river crawled across the landscape, where soldiers could gather water. A mile or so behind them, the flats gave way to the rolling foothills of the mountains, and eventually the majority of the kingdom. This camp teetered on the last precipice between the civilized human lands and the wild unknowns. As the camp slowly began to stir, a low hum of conversation came and went like waves, building up and dying down into hushed whispers again as the soldiers milling about looked furtively over their shoulders. Everyone knew dragons could not hear a muttered conversation from miles away. Everyone kept quiet anyway.

It was cold enough that Titus could see his own breath fogging in the air in front of his face as he approached the smoldering ashes of one of last night's campfires. An exhausted soldier struggling to poke the embers back into flame staggered to his feet as he saw the captain approach, and made haste to snap a salute. Titus returned the salute, and then waved him away to get some rest. Those on night watch had grueling work fueled by endless hours of nervously waiting. If they fell asleep, they put the entire unit in danger from attackers creeping- or flying- up unnoticed. But they did their duties anyway, as everyone did. The soldiers were grimly aware of how important and how dangerous their jobs were.

Many officers kept themselves far apart from the enlisted troops. They had their own tents, warm and comfortable, their own meals, their own lofty impressions of themselves. Titus didn't approve. He spent his time with his soldiers, not lording over them. He fed and coaxed the meager fire back to life himself, and as he sat before the flames, some of his men congregated around the fire, drawn to the warmth. In dingy tin cups they carried their breakfast, a thick and tasteless gruel. They didn't eat well out here. Everyone was already armored as a matter of fact; when you were on duty, you were prepared for combat. Let the guardsmen back home parade about in dress uniforms. Titus himself kept warm by wrapping his cape around his shoulders, as he stared thoughtfully into the fire.

This morning marked their fifth day since first striking camp on the marshy flats. They had done what they can to make the place defensible. Every time they set camp, there was a specific wheel pattern to the tents and the stockpiles of supplies, to make it as easy as possible to navigate to any edge of the camp should they be attacked. A few ballista were kept constantly manned around the perimeter, and the rest were covered with tarps painted to blend in with the ground, and spread out so that they could not all be destroyed at once. They camped so close to the river that one half-awake private had fallen in the previous morning after blearily taking a wrong turn from his tent, so that they could dive into the water should the tents be set on fire. They were not expecting a fight, but they were certainly prepared for one.
    Titus' thoughts turned to the cause of their wait here, and the cause of his frustrations. Even in a nation shaped by war, deciding how to fight it was not always easy. The captains were constantly hashing out strategies and plans for their units, "aided" by the lieutenants who seemed full of clever ways to drive the entire battalion into a death trap. While Titus was in control of the finer actions of his unit, every major movement or attack they made had to be approved by the General. Right now, they were waiting on her word for what to do next.

As were many of his men, Titus was tired of waiting. The scouts had spotted signs of dragon activity in the distance not two days ago. In Titus' mind, the human army was making itself look weak by sitting here. This time, they ought to be the ones to attack. That would show the dragons that they were more than cowering prey that would only lash out to defend itself in its final hour. He wanted to prove that they could hunt down and kill dragons as efficiently and as mercilessly as the dragons hunted them. Maybe then he would stop feeling like this was just an endless cycle of running and dying. But it was a bold move, and one that not all of the commanders could agree on.
    So for now, he would have to wait.
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chainshipping » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 am

[removed]
¯¨'*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' ¯¨'*·~-.¸¸,.-~*'
Prince | Stairs | tags; General Xiao

The prince’s head jerked up almost instantly when someone spoke. It took him a few moments but he stood up right when he realized it was the General who stood before him. Quickly adjusting himself from surprised to as calm as he could, he responded. “There’s no reason to be sorry, I shouldn’t even be sitting here in the first place.” Ahone glanced behind Xiao then looked back at her. “I’d assume she’s in her chambers, I haven’t seen her yet this morning.”

Before he could make this awkward, he went down the stairs to get away from the General. In all honestly, he didn’t like how close they had been.

Realizing he had forgotten something, the prince turned to face the General. “When am I ever gonna play a part in the war? I don’t really enjoy sitting here doing nothing..”
Last edited by raey on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: font images removed
chainshipping

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me