Seafarers of a New World. {New + Accepting!}

Fantasy animal roleplays featuring animals with special abilities/powers, or fantasy creatures such as dragons, unicorns, etc. However this category does not include fandom-based roleplays such as Warrior Cats or Pokemon

Seafarers of a New World. {New + Accepting!}

Postby Tiggerclifford » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Pirates, sailors, seafares. They're all the same. Travel the ocean in search for rich treasures, untold tales and to continue a family traditon. Granted, each one does fare a little bit differently. . . and we are exceptionally unique.

Canines, Felines. Sailing the oceans. Endless sea's of ships, rivals, allies and lies. Islands that nurture enornmous insects, others with carnivorious plants, even some concealing treasures. In this world it goes as far as your imagination will take it. Freedom and creativity towards your desired ship; and dont forget the odd-balls with a little mutation! It's not every day you meet canines with eagle-eye vision, or a feline whom can manipulate the sea itself.

What's your story?

♣ G u i d e l i n e s ♣
• Only canines and felines may fare ships.They may be the only sentient beings you play, exceptions come from sentient monsters you may make to spice up the role-play.
• There are mutliple ship types. Ranging from battle, to merchant. Have fun.
• Captains should be more active than the rest.
• Please try to post at least two to three times a week, if not more.
• Normal etiquette, do not god-mod. What you know, does not mean your character knows it. Keep it fair, and appropriate. This includes no auto-hitting, so on and so forth. Thanks.
• You can and probably will die. Ships can also be destroyed. The ocean is a unrestricted battlefield. Be careful!
• Tess' rules apply.

Concerning powers
○ No wings. But flying is permitted.
○ One power per sailor. Exceptions include if you come across something that gives you another temporary power. Temporary can vary depending on the context of the situation and your plot c:
○ Nothing to powerful, if it is a major part of your character, make sure they still have flaws!
○ Not everyone has to have powers. Remember, this can be kept secret! For all you know, can you trust your captian, much less fellow shipmates?

Requests
♥ Do not hesitate to try something new! Maybe you spot a island in the distance, and perhaps it's not actually an island!
♥ Throwing in little natural events such as whirlpools, storms, NPC ships is widely appreciated! These can be turned into functioning and playable ships/characters! Just let me know~
♥ The ocean is huge, do not expect to run into each other often.
♥ Don't forget mythical beasts! They're out there, but where? Ex. Sirens, ashrays, mermaids etc. Plus your own!
♥ Is there any special about the ship, others might not know?
♥ Don't worry about color schemes.

Don't worry to much. If requested we can start you somewhere and pick you up from an island, foreign ship, or if you wish to be a Captain! Just let me know! You may also start on any vessel.

Discussion Thread
Form's go there.

What's going on in the world?

The A.A. Azalea recently picked up a family of dogs, whom the Captain has grown bitter towards, along side seven pups. Alessa seems to have an upper hand to Vojak's bitterness, her power striking fear in him. He is still recovering from an earlier quarrel. Now the group has made their way into Serpents lair in search of gold. Vojak speaks wicked stories of Omar, a mischievous beast whom toys all in his path. Though Cynthia has seemed to found a smaller serpent by the name of Phil, who claims to be a "Keeper." A quick chat and she is returned. Now the group is heading deeper into the cavern world.
Last edited by Tiggerclifford on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:31 am, edited 10 times in total.
Tiggerclifford

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Know da' stuff

Postby Tiggerclifford » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:20 pm

♣ Terminology ♣
Some basics:

ahull - with sails furled and helm lashed to the lee-side
amidships - midway between the bow and stern of a ship
bobstay - rope used on ships to steady the bowsprit
bow - front of the ship
bower - anchor carried at front of ship
bulwark - the side of a ship above the deck
gybe - to swing a sail from one side to another
helm - ships steering wheel
kedge - small anchor to keep a ship steady
larboard - left side of a ship
mainmast - sailing ship's principal mast
mainsail - principal sail on a ship's mainmast
orlop - lowest deck in a ship having four or more decks
outrigger - spar extended from side of ship to help secure mast
ratline - small rope forming a rung of a rope ladder on a ship
stern - back part of a ship

Link to those and more terms: http://phrontistery.info/nautical.html
Last edited by Tiggerclifford on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tiggerclifford

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Riders of the Sea

Postby Tiggerclifford » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:20 pm

`
♠ A.A Azalea ♠
The Caravel

Captain
Vojak |m | Tiggerclifford

Quarter Master
Henry | m| Boomer

Sailing Master
One

Boatswain
One

Carpenter
Two

Surgeon +1
Mary | f | Boomer

Master Gunner
One

First Mate
Maria | f | Boomer

Second Mate
One

Third Mate
One

Able Bodied Sailor +∞
Amorette | f | Tiggerclifford

Rigger
Three

Cabin Boy +1
Alessa | f | Boomer

Powder Monkey
Unlimited

☠ Liefle ☠
Red Seal

Captain
Ran nanami | f | H e r e n

Quarter Master
herself

Sailing Master
herself
Boatswain
herself

Carpenter
herself
Surgeon
herself

Master Gunner
herself

First Mate
herself
Second Mate
herself
Third Mate
herself

Able Bodied Sailor
herself

Rigger
herself

Cabin Boy
herself

Powder Monkey

herself

Ship # 3
Ship Type

Captain

Quarter Master

Sailing Master
Boatswain

Carpenter
Surgeon

Master Gunner

First Mate
Second Mate
Third Mate

Able Bodied Sailor
Moritmer | m | Tiggerclifford

Rigger
Chokaa | f | Tiggerclifford

Cabin Boy

Powder Monkey

First come, first serve on ship captain. Chooses name & Type. Can Edit Ranks.

Ranks can be found here: http://www.thepirateking.com/historical/ship_roles.htm
Last edited by Tiggerclifford on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:05 am, edited 10 times in total.
Tiggerclifford

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

My feller's

Postby Tiggerclifford » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Last edited by Tiggerclifford on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tiggerclifford

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Seafarers of a New World. {Open}

Postby Boomer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:31 pm

Name: Alessa
Sex: Female
Species: Canine; Dalmatian-mix
Resident of which ship: A.A. Azalea
Holds title of: Cabin Girl
Power: Telekinesis; she is unable to break bones. She can lift objects that are smaller than herself and weigh less (about 30 pounds, she's underweight), forms a protective orb around herself and whoever she wishes to protect, and uses orbs of energy to hit whatever she wants to hit. However, she gets headaches when she's used too much power/used it for a long period of time. These headaches prevent her from using it for a while, and if she breaks her focus, she's unable to use her power (such as being bitten or kicked).
Personality: Generally very sweet, but very quiet, Alessa isn't quick to make friends. She normally doesn't speak to others unless she's spoken to. However, if she is your friend, she will be very loyal and loving towards you.
History(Opt.): Alessa was born to a single mother on a tiny island. The pup's mother, Dahlia, struggled with raising her pup on her own and began to resent her pup. At about two months old, Alessa began to display some telekinetic power, which only angered her mother. Dahlia knew that Alessa's father had passed down the gene to her, as she could control fire. Dahlia started to abuse Alessa as the pup started to use her power more and more, eventually resorting to beating her for any small mistake. Growing tired of taking care of Alessa, her mother decided the easiest way to get rid of her pup was to have her killed. She had staged a fire and their home burned down with Alessa inside. Dahlia was able to disappear, not wanting to stick around. Of course Alessa ended up surviving and had been found by a few other inhabitants. She was brought to a hospital and was adopted by Mary. During the course of her treatments, the doctors deemed it too dangerous for Alessa to ever have puppies, so she was spayed.
Relations:
Dahlia - Biological Mother
? - Biological Father
Mary - Adoptive Mother
Henry - Adoptive Father
Maria - Adoptive Aunt
Appearance: Alessa and her beloved Scarlett
Other: She always carries Scarlett with her. Alessa is also still recovering from the burns and spay and isn't allowed to do much. Her fur is starting to grow back, but it is very patchy and uneven.

Name: Mary
Species: Canine; White German Shepherd
Holds title of: Surgeon
Power: Minor healing ability; Mary has mastered using a calming aura and was trying to learn to rid the body of infection, but her training has been put on stand by with her being pregnant. She can't mend bones, cure diseases or burns (she would've healed Alessa if she could) or revive the dead. Mary has also learned about human techniques, such as casting and stitching. However, she is unable to preform these techniques without the right materials.
Personality: Mary is very kind and motherly, willing to take on any pups that comes across her way. Being the older sister to a slightly bratty dog, she doesn't take petty crap from anyone. She can get mean, should she need to. Mostly she's fun and easy going, all while making sure no one gets into trouble.
History(Opt.): Mary and her sister were born to two young dogs, on the same tiny island as Alessa. Soon after their birth, their father left them and their mother. The girls enjoyed their life, until when they were about five years old, their mother suddenly disappeared. The two were left to fend for themselves. It didn't take too long for the girls to travel to a large tribe for food and that's where they stayed. The sisters refused to be put into different homes, going so far as to throw tantrums whenever a family was only interested in one sister. They were eventually placed together and adopted. Mary would leave the house to visit the sick and soon began training as a surgeon. She met Henry when he was brought in for a broken leg. They hit it off and became mates. When Alessa was brought in, Mary oversaw her treatments and adopted her. She was also the one to preform Alessa's spay, although Alessa is unaware of that.
Relations:
Henry - Mate
Maria - Sister
Alessa - Adoptive daughter
Appearance: Old refs are olddd; Mary is on the left and Maria is on the right.
Other: She is expecting puppies with Henry.

Name: Maria
Species: Canine; White German Shepherd
Holds title of: First Mate
Power: x
Personality: Maria is a bit different than her sister; she's very spoiled, a bit sarcastic, and is easily angered. She tends to be a flirt, but she won't go around doing that with multiple males. Despite that, Maria can be very sweet and loving.
History(Opt.): Maria's history is very much the same as Mary's history. She didn't become a surgeon like her sister and she doesn't have many skills like Mary does. She had a fling with a male on the island and is now expecting.
Relations:
Mary - Sister
Henry - Brother in-law
Alessa - Adoptive Niece
Appearance: Old refs are olddd; Mary is on the left and Maria is on the right.
Other: Surprise, Maria's expecting puppies too.

Name: Henry
Sex: Male
Species: Canine; Unknown breed
Holds title of: Quarter Master
Power: x
Personality: Henry is very child like, as in he's innocent and naive. He does very well with pups and is a little weary with adult dogs. He seemingly has boundless energy and constantly wants to play.
History(Opt.): Henry was born to two homeless dogs. He doesn't remember them well, as he was taken away from them. He didn't like being in his foster home, so he would often run away. One afternoon, when he was still very young, he tried to swim across a large creek and almost drowned. Henry "died" for a few minutes until his foster parents found him and brought him back. After that, Henry hasn't been as sharp as he was, as his foster parents and doctors thought he suffered from some brain damage. Henry lived most of his adult life on his own and was somehow able to survive from the kindness of strangers. Henry had been attacked and his leg was broken, and thus was taken to be treated. That's where he met his mate and he became very attached to her. Even after he healed up, he would come around every day to see Mary. They hit it off and decided to be mates.
Relations:
Mary - Mate
Maria - Sister in-law
Alessa - Adoptive daughter
Appearance: New ref!
Other: Expecting puppies with Mary.
Boomer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiggerclifford » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:04 am

ooc: Love it, accepted!

I'll edit this to a post, unless you want to start. Gotta do some stuff first.
Tiggerclifford

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boomer » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:28 am

Alessa clung to Mary as she woke up from a nightmare. Mary let the pup cling to her as she looked outside. The sun was starting to rise and Mary let out a yawn. Henry and Maria were still sleeping. Mary carried the pup outside and went to the shore. She normally watched the sunrise over the ocean. She sat on the shore with Alessa and looked out at the vast ocean. It seemed endless.
Boomer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiggerclifford » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:39 pm

"Island ahoy!" Vojak announced as him and the crew waded through the vicious currents. Many a years have passed since Vojak had acquired the fellow sailor, Amorette. Rushing from the wheel, the maned wolf scurried over to adjust sails and prepare anchors for arrivals. From the distance the island appeared small but gradually got bigger. On the outer shorelines the sea clashed violently against the patches of embedded rocks. "Take the wheel!" he instructed, trying to keep the ship from swerving towards the boneyard.

The duo was coming around on the far side of the island, out of sight, and hopefully out of mind of the native inhabitants. It looked promising. "We're nearing for docking!" Amorette yowled towards her Captain whom responded with his breed's signature bark. A little time and effort the A.A Azelea washed up into shallow waters and the anchor was dropped. From past experiences they no long merge with the shore. Both canines boarded the add-on rowboat and made their way to land.
Tiggerclifford

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boomer » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:18 pm

"You're alright..." said Mary quietly, looking down to her pup. Alessa pricked her ears, thinking she might've heard something. She looked up to see Henry walking over to them. He grinned and sat at the shore, ready to fish them up some breakfast. "Ugh..." groaned Maria, walking out of their little home, "It's so bright!" "That's normal, Maria." said Mary quietly. "Yeah well, can't the sun take a vacation?" she grumbled, sitting next to her sister. The two were very far along into their pregnancies. Henry shushed Maria as he focused on trying to catch a few fish.
Boomer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiggerclifford » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:02 pm

Why did I stop here? Pressing forth into the brush of the island Vojak started to regret this. But a new island might hold some inhabitants of use. Remaining stealthy he headed towards the heart of the island. A small mountain poked above the tree's and caused great, immense interest for him. "Come, Amore."

The island didn't show anything of interest, it was actually quite pleasing, especially to his assistant. She followed. On their trip each one was careful not to make any sound but one way or another they found themselves back at the shoreline. "Aye, Vo." The white wolf spoke up, it seemed her Captain's nose entailed a different path.

"Shh... I smell something.."
Tiggerclifford

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me