Carter's Home for the Strange and Mythical V.2 (Accepting!)

Fantasy animal roleplays featuring animals with special abilities/powers, or fantasy creatures such as dragons, unicorns, etc. However this category does not include fandom-based roleplays such as Warrior Cats or Pokemon

Carter's Home for the Strange and Mythical V.2 (Accepting!)

Postby Boomer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:24 am

Link to V.1

There is a shelter that's settled deep in the woods, far from the cities and towns that people have called home. This shelter is for the mythical creatures who have nowhere else to go, whether they were brought here because they needed medical attention or they happen to have stumbled upon it. Either way, the caretakers here care for each one like they were their own, no matter how dangerous or powerful said creature can be. The owner and head veterinarian, Dr. John H. Carter, founded the shelter after observing an increased amount of these creatures being purposely harmed and encroaching on the cities and towns, either hurting themselves or the people there. He built the shelter deep in the woods in hope that the creatures would find a safe haven, and any responsible people have the chance of adopting one of these strange creatures.
Last edited by Boomer on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boomer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules, Roles, and Forms

Postby Boomer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:24 am

Rules:
~ No humanoid creatures, like furries or anthros.
~ Powers are allowed, but they must have a limit/weakness. It's not fair to say that Billy has the power to kill anyone he looks at.
~ You can have as many characters as you can handle, whether they be creatures or humans.
~ LGBT+ characters are allowed and encouraged!
~ You can crush/mate on your characters.
~ You may have real life creatures, but they must appear different and/or have powers.
~ Humans and creatures can speak to one another.
~ Do not go more than 10 pages without me.
~ Not really a rule as much as it is as a note: characters will only be added if the player has been consistently active for about a week. It's a pain to remove people on here. x___x
~ Do not ignore people if they're interacting with your character(s). It's rude and annoying.
~ Please use some form of OOC when you're not using your character.
~ Please give a recap if one is requested. Recaps can be ignored if one was given within the last three pages.
~ UPDATED: No more one sentence posts; I'd perfer at least 3+ per post, per character. Sentences that are short such as "He smiled" or "She sat" will no longer count towards the 3+ sentence rule. You may use these sentences, but you must add a full sentence to count, or simply extend "He smiled" (ex. "He smiled at the young pup as it bounded over to him").
~ New rules will be added if they need to be.

Strike System:

Ban System:
~Summer 3/3

Roles:
Owner: Dr. John H. Carter
Second in Charge:
Head Vet: Dr. John H. Carter:
Vets: Dr. Elle Cleves, Dr. Ollie Watson
Caretakers:
Groomers: Jacques Bouvier
Trainers: Dylan Macanerny, Ella Macdounagh, Ashlynn Sanders
The Public: Emmi Macdouagh

Creatures (User, Name, Gender, Age, Species, Powers, Extra Info) :
Boomer - Alessa - Female - 10 - Canine - Telekinesis and ability to speak
Boomer - Mary - Female - 25 - Canine - Healing and ability to speak - Mates with Henry, sister is Maria
Boomer - Maria - Female - 25 - Canine - Ability to speak and Cryokinesis - Sister is Mary
Boomer - Henry - Male - 28 - Canine - Ability to speak and breathe underwater - Mates with Mary
Boomer - Cybil - Female - 2 months - Canine - Ability to speak and super speed - Parents are Mary and Henry
Boomer - Cynthia - Female - 2 months - Canine - Ability to speak and healing - Parents are Mary and Henry
Boomer - Vincent - Male - 2 months - Canine - Ability to speak - Parents are Mary and Henry
Boomer - Eileen - Female - 2 months - Canine - Ability to speak and future sight - Parents are Maria and Alex
Boomer - Rebecca - Female - 2 months - Canine - Ability to speak and super strength - Parents are Maria and Alex
Boomer - Jacqueline - Female - 2 months - Canine - Ability to speak - Parents are Maria and Alex
Webmonkey - Alex - Male - 24 - Canine - Ability to speak and controlling nature
Rabbit - Taz - Female - 8 - Feline - Ability to speak and Pyrokinesis - Sister is Ally
Rabbit - Ally - Female - 17 - Feline - Ability to speak and Cryokinesis - Sister is Taz, mates with Eddy
Rabbit - Eddy - Male - 18 - Feline - Ability to speak and Photokinesis - Mates with Ally
Rabbit - Brusier - Male - 5 months - Canine - Ability to speak
Leafy - Kiro - Male - 26 - Wolf - Ability to speak and Pyrokinesis and super strength - Kids are Chase and Kaden
Leafy - Kaden - Male - 17 - Fox - Ability to speak and (power to be discovered) - Adoptive father is Kiro
Leafy - Chase - Male - 15 - Fox - Ability to speak and Pyrokinesis - Adoptive father is Kiro
Biscuit_Sophie - Kira - Female - 10 - Feline - Ability to speak, flight, and healing
Biscuit_Sophie - Raina - Female - 11 - Feline - Ability to speak, flight, Pyrokinesis, and shape shifting
Toothless X Stitch - Carson - Male - 27 - Shape shifter (usually a wolf with a panther tail) - Ability to speak
Toothless X Stitch - Alfie - Male - 3 months - Wolf - Ability to speak - Mother is North
Toothless X Stitch - North - Female - 25 - Wolf - Ability to see one's memories
Flamecloud - Suko - Female - 16 - Winged wolf - Ability to speak, flight, and super speed
Flamecloud - Ink - Female - 12 - Inkododle - Ability to speak and create ink bugs/ink limbs
S0ul Eater - Leya - Female - 4 - Alastair - Ability to speak

Form for Creatures:
Username:
Name:
Age (in human years)
Species:
Personality:
Appearance:
Powers:
Weaknesses:
History (not required, but it would be nice to know where the creature came from) :
Crush:
Mate:
Offspring:
Other:

Form for Newborn/Young Creatures:
Username:
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Future Powers:
Future Weaknesses:
Mother:
Father:
Siblings:

Form for humans:
Username:
Full Name:
Sexuality:
Personality:
Appearance:
History:
Crush:
Significant Other:
Children:
Role:
Last edited by Boomer on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Boomer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

My forms!

Postby Boomer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:25 am

Form for humans:
Username: Boomer
Full Name: Doctor John H. Carter
Sexuality: Homosexual
Personality: Very serious and has a dry sense of humor. Carter doesn't mess around when it comes to the welfare of the animals in his care. When he's away from work (which is rare), he can be a pleasant and relaxed guy. When he's caring for the creatures, he is very happy and enjoys their company a lot more than people at times.
Appearance: About 5'9, average built white man. He has short dark hair and green eyes, with a five o'clock shadow. Carter usually dresses in scrubs and a white coat accompanied with jeans and tennis shoes.
Likes: Working, keeping everything in line, rainstorms, and the night.
Dislikes: Slackers, chaos, feeling out of control, and hot days.
History: Carter's history is very average and bland with no hard times plaguing him. He went to school to be a vet and graduated a few years ago. He worked at a few offices before building his shelter.
Crush: None
Significant Other: Jacques
Children: None
Role: Owner and head vet.

Full Name: Jacques Francis Bouvier
Sexuality: Homosexual
Personality: A little flamboyant and loves to joke around. He's pretty much the opposite of Carter.
Appearance: About 5'7 average built white man. He has short honey colored hair and usually wears casual clothes to work.
Likes: Hanging out with the animals, hanging out with Carter, joking around, having a fun time.
Dislikes: Being serious if he doesn't really need to be, Carter/the animals being in a bad mood.
History: Very average, bland history. He went to school to be a groomer and met Carter by chance.
Significant Other: Carter
Children: None
Role: Groomer

Form for Creatures:
Name: Alessa Cecelia Gillespie
Sexuality: Asexual
Species: Canine
Personality: Generally very sweet, but very quiet, Alessa isn't quick to make friends. She normally doesn't speak to others unless she's spoken to. However, if she is your friend, she will be very loyal and loving towards you.
Appearance: Alessa and her beloved Scarlett
Dislikes: Blood, fire, needles, and doctors.
Powers: Telekinesis
Weaknesses: Alessa isn't able to break bones or kill, and when she uses her power, she always gets a headache. The more she uses her power, the worse the headache.
History: Alessa was born to a single mother in a small forest. The pup's mother, Dahlia, struggled with raising her pup on her own and began to resent her pup. At about two years old, Alessa began to display some telekinetic power, which only angered her mother. Dahlia knew that Alessa's father had passed down the gene to her, as she could control fire. Dahlia started to abuse Alessa as the pup started to use her power more and more, eventually resorting to beating her for any small mistake. Growing tired of taking care of Alessa, her mother decided the easiest way to get rid of her pup was to have her killed. She had staged a fire and their den burned down with Alessa inside. Dahlia was able to disappear, not wanting to stick around. Of course Alessa ended up surviving and had been found by a few humans. She was brought to the shelter where she received medical care for her burns. She had just recently been released from the hospital part of the shelter and can now mingle with the other creatures. Although she had constant contact with humans, the treatments were very painful and she associated the humans with pain.
Crush: Open
Mate: Open
Offspring: Unable to have any
Other: She constantly carries Scarlett around with her.

Name: Mary Ann Shepherd
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Mary is very kind and motherly, willing to take on any pups that comes across her way. Being the older sister to a slightly bratty dog, she doesn't take petty crap from anyone. She can get mean, should she need to. Mostly she's fun and easy going, all while making sure no one gets into trouble.
Appearance: Old refs are olddd; Mary is on the left and Maria is on the right.
Likes: Puppies, kittens, peanut butter, peace and quiet, and simply relaxing,
Dislikes: Any sharp object
Powers: Healing
Weaknesses: Her healing isn't able to cure diseases or mend broken bones.
History: Mary and her sister were born in the woods to two young dogs. Soon after their birth, their father left them and their mother. The girls enjoyed their life, until when they were about five months, their mother suddenly disappeared. The two were left to fend for themselves. It didn't take too long for the girls to travel to the city for food and that's when they were caught and taken to the pound. The sisters refused to be put into different homes, going so far as to throw tantrums whenever a family was only interested in one sister. They were eventually placed together and adopted. Mary would leave the house to visit the sick and injured animals at their local vet office, and soon became their "mascot". She met Henry when he was brought in for a broken leg. They hit it off and are now expecting.
Crush: x
Mate: Henry
Offspring: Alessa (adopted), Cybil, Cynthia, and Vincent
Other: x

Name: Maria Belle Shepherd
Personality: Maria is a bit different than her sister; she's very spoiled, a bit sarcastic, and is easily angered. She tends to be a flirt, but she won't go around doing that with multiple males. Despite that, Maria can be very sweet and loving.
Appearance: Old refs are olddd; Mary is on the left and Maria is on the right.
Dislikes: Being told no, not getting her way, and losing.
Powers: Cryokinesis
Weaknesses: Maria can't use her power when it's very hot/sunny outside. She's afraid of heights and planes, and usually has to be touching someone in order to not have night terrors.
History: Maria's history is very much the same as Mary's history. However, Maria competed in pageants. Maria won many awards and eventually retired when she was twenty two months; she would've continued, but retired to give birth and when their human Teddy had suddenly died.
Mate: Kiro
Offspring: Eileen, Rebecca, and Jacqueline

Name: Henry Vincent Townsend
Personality: Henry is very child like, as in he's innocent and naive. He does very well with pups and is a little weary with adult dogs. He seemingly has boundless energy and constantly wants to play.
Appearance: New ref!
Likes: Apple juice, apples, trains, playing, and goofing around.
Dislikes: Thunder storms, rain, swimming.
Powers: Ability to breathe underwater
Weaknesses: He's actually terrified of water and will only use his power if his life depends on it.
History: Henry was born to two homeless dogs. He doesn't remember them well, as he was taken away from them. He didn't like being in his foster home, so he would often run away. One afternoon, when he was still very young, he tried to swim across a large creek and almost drowned. Henry "died" for a few minutes until his owners found him and brought him back. After that, Henry hasn't been as sharp as he was, as his owners and many vets thought he suffered from some brain damage. Henry lived most of his adult life on the streets and was somehow able to survive from the kindness of strangers. Henry had been hit by a car and his leg was broken, and thus was taken to be treated. That's where he met his mate and he became very attached to her. Even after he healed up, he would come around every day to see Mary.
Mate: Mary
Offspring: Alessa (adopted), Cybil, Cynthia, and Vincent

Form for Newborn/Young Creatures:
Name: Cybil Bennett Shepherd
Personality: Bold, brave, and tough. Cybil doesn't like to be called "cute" and wants to prove to everyone that she's strong and tough, even if she's the runt of her litter. She loves to be in charge and have the other pups listen to her every command.
Appearance: Shh, Cybil is the only one with a current ref.
Future Powers: Super speed
Future Weaknesses: Tires very quickly and is unable to stop once she gets going
Mother: Mary
Father: Henry
Siblings: Cynthia and Vincent

Name: Cynthia Ann Shepherd
Personality: Very sweet and caring. Cynthia likes to be friends with everyone, even to the point of smothering them with attention and cuteness. She can get snappy if she's bothered, though.
Appearance: A white coated pup with short dull brown hair, dull brown eyes, and floppy ears. She is an average sized pup for her age.
Future Powers: Healing aura
Future Weaknesses: Unable to treat diseases or mend broken bones
Siblings: Cybil and Vincent

Name: Vincent Alexander Shepherd
Personality: Very quiet and may sometimes come off as snobby. He's the brains of the litter, with Cybil being the brawn and Cynthia being the heart. He loves to learn new things and tell others about the strange facts he knows.
Appearance: A white coated pup with hazel eyes, scruffy and short dark brown hair, and floppy ears. He has a black line across the bridge of his nose that ends at both eyes.
Future Powers: None
Future Weaknesses: None
Siblings: Cybil and Cynthia

Name: Eileen Isis Shepherd
Personality: Timid, shy, and hates to be loud. Eileen would rather sit back and watch than participate. She is very gentle and lovable when she's comfortable with someone.
Appearance: A white coated pup with short caramel hair, one sea green eye, and floppy ears. She wears a white eye patch over where her right eye used to be.
Future Powers: Future Vision
Future Weaknesses: Sometimes is incorrect or is too fuzzy to make out what's happening.
Mother: Maria
Father: Alex
Siblings: Rebecca and Jacqueline

Name: Rebecca Belle Shepherd
Personality: Tough and bold like Cybil, but she has a sarcastic streak like her mother. She loves to challenge everything and tries to also act tough. She's Cybil's second in command.
Appearance: A bigger white coated pup with curly black hair like her mother. She has bright green eyes and floppy ears.
Future Powers: Super strength
Future Weaknesses: Her stamina is very low and she can't move anything that's over ten pounds at the moment.
Siblings: Eileen and Jacqueline

Name: Jacqueline Kennedy Shepherd
Personality: Very prim and proper, Jacqueline can be a bit bossy at times. She gets annoyed easily and hates it when people call her Jackie.
Appearance: A white coated pup with dark hair that curls to her chin. She has bright brown eyes and floppy ears.
Future Powers: None
Future Weaknesses: None
Siblings: Eileen and Rebecca
Last edited by Boomer on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Boomer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carter's Home for the Strange and Mythical V.2 (DNP)

Postby Night Troubles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:26 am

OOC: yay the new ver. is here!! :333

x
━━━ ━━━
Shout out to Hybrid Winters! For being
The best person I've met on this site!!
Please call me night!
Female- She/her
Pm me if you wanna talk or start a role play!
Panromantic/Pansexual

ArtTumblrMe • ❤ • ❤

credit
━━━ ━━━
x
███████████
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Night Troubles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carter's Home for the Strange and Mythical V.2 (DNP)

Postby Fraus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:28 am

Username: DownTheRabbitHole
Name: Taz
Age (in human years): 8
Sexuality: straight
Species: Cat
Personality: Taz is a nervous cat that has fire powers which she can not yet control. Taz hates to be doubted and tries hard to control fire
Appearance: Flame fur. On her tail has a small tip of blonde. She always carries around her bear
Dislikes: People who doubt her and being somewhere that's not filled with nature
Powers: Controlling/ making fire
Weaknesses: Water
History: She burnt down her home in the forest, escaping with her sister Ally. Ally disappeared meaning Taz had to continue, she soon found the shelter
Mate: None
Offspring: none
Other: She has a sister and a load of nieces and a nephew that she is weary of

Username: Colourfulkitty
Name: Ally
Age (in human years) 17
Species: Cats
Personality: Ally is a strong willed cat who always looks out for her mischievous sister. She is rather over protective and hates humans she doesn't know or ones that get too close to her sister
Appearance: A almost black tabby cat with striking red eyes. Her tail is rather short, one third shorter it should be
Dislikes: Humans, injections, dogs
Powers: Ice
Weaknesses: Her sister in pain, catnip, fire/ boiling temperature
History (not required, but it would be nice to know where the creature came from) : The same as Taz but after the fire she was captured by hunters and made to work. She has many scars. Ally eventually escaped and found her sister
Crush: Eddy
Mate: Eddy
Offspring: Aphrodite, Artemis, Psyche and Apollo
Other: She's Taz sister. She has 4 kittens
Last edited by Fraus on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fraus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carter's Home for the Strange and Mythical V.2 (Acceptin

Postby Boomer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:34 am

flamecloud wrote:'well if you dont mind me asking, whos your favorite out of all of them? if you have a specific one." she asked trying to not sound rude, as she felt her stomach let out a faint growl, oh of coarse im hungry, ill ask Carter later. she thought to herself while she positioned herself on to her back looking up at the ceiling.

Alessa slightly laughed. "Oh, I can't pick a favorite." she said, "They're all so special in their own ways. She heard Masuki's stomach growling. "I'll bother Carter when he gets done with the pups." she promised.
Boomer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fraus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:36 am

Eddy frowned. "I'm pretty sure I just saw Elle walk past with another animal. Also Carter's the head vet, he should check Ally and the kittens!" Eddy huffed
Fraus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boomer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:38 am

"Okay, okay." said Jacques, "I'll get him as soon as he's done with the pups." He gently petted Eddy. "You gotta relax." he said, "The stress isn't good for the babies."
Boomer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fraus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Eddy huffed. "Your lucky they are here or I'd have clawed at your leg" Ally glanced up at the two and sighed
Fraus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Night Troubles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:47 am

masuki smiled at Aleesa's response, " well im glad you love each of them equally." she said sweetly. " so i have one question though, i heard you said he was 'chipping' them. what does chipping mean?" she asked tilting her head sideways.
~~~~~~
" apparently..." she said half-minded as she was focused on finding her run away shadow, " haow do you find a run away shadow that has your same scent?" she asked as she tasted the air confused.

x
━━━ ━━━
Shout out to Hybrid Winters! For being
The best person I've met on this site!!
Please call me night!
Female- She/her
Pm me if you wanna talk or start a role play!
Panromantic/Pansexual

ArtTumblrMe • ❤ • ❤

credit
━━━ ━━━
x
███████████
x
x
x
x
x
x