The Kingdoms Under the Sea. Open and Accepting!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

The Kingdoms Under the Sea. Open and Accepting!

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:57 am

Plot

They say merpeople don't exist. 'They' being humans. However, we are just too secretive, and much prefer to keep our existence hidden, as to not attract any unwanted and greedy visitors - humans that would want to live alongside us and destroy our beautiful homes. Yet we are still here. Where few humans dare to venture to. We each reside in one of underwater kingdoms, each one is ruled differently, but fairly.

The first is Atlantis, the most well-known to those on-land (though almost no one there really believes in it). It's the largest, but not by a lot. King Zale rules, and he has two daughters and a son. He is deeply caring for his children, and the citizens of Atlantis. However, he is wary of outsiders, but if they prove themselves to be trustworthy, then he will welcome them with open arms. Banquets and several festivities are celebrated throughout the year here. However, defences are minimal, with just a few guards on the gates and patrolling. Everyone here seems to help and celebrate with each other, and it is rare for any major conflict to arise.

The second kingdom is Maraqua. One of the smaller kingdoms, but a force to be reckoned with. King Naga and Queen Lynna have two sons and two daughters, and they are very protective of them. Maraqua has some of the best defences and armies, which is to be expected now, because thirty years ago, Maraqua was almost completely destroyed after a fierce, cursed whirlpool stormed through it. Now rebuilt, the King and Queen don't like outsiders at all, regardless of how trustworthy they may be. Despite this, Maraqua is still a pleasant place to live and be in, and citizens like to take pride in their spectacular coral reef gardens that they nurture and grow.

The third kingdom is Pacifius. The second-largest kingdom, and is affectionately nicknamed 'the Kingdom of Knowledge'. Ruled by Queen Marina, she has two sons and one daughter. They are generally the most curious about the ocean and life around them, whether it is behaviours of other merfolk or the the sea creatures that swim amongst them, or even the coral reefs! Even the Queen takes an active part in research. However, don't be fooled by the Queen's gentle, sweet nature, because if anything threatens her kingdom or her children, then she will become fierce and protective. Pacifius has the second-best defences and reinforcements. A close eye is kept on outsiders, and they are not generally liked, though this is mainly because no one wants them in the way of any research taking place.

Finally, the kingdom of Oceanum. The smallest kingdom, and ruled by King Nerio and Queen Dionne. They have just one child - a daughter. A fairly secretive kingdom, not much is known about them to anyone who is not a part of the kingdom. In general, though, they are possibly the friendliest and most trusting kingdom. Outsiders and visitors are taken in gladly, and it's also the place where dolphins pass by most frequently. Defences are also quite decent. They secretly study human behaviour, and near to them is a small spot where ferries stop by to allow passengers to go swimming with dolphins.

As a way to allow the four royal families to become familiar with one another, and to hopefully discuss potential pacts and trades, King Zale has invited the other royal merpeople to spend a week at Atlantis. Initially reluctant, the others agree, and it is not long before they meet up, each also bringing their own servants. However, with different upbringings and different personalities, how will the children of the royal families react to one another? And what will happen when they accidentally discover a human beach not too far away?
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Roles

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:08 am

PM me to reserve. Post all forms on the discussion thread. You can begin reserving now. Reservations last 24 hours.
You can have up to three characters, but they cannot be from the same kingdom.

Royal Merpeople

Atlantis
Oldest (20,female)- Harmony (anime_lily).
Middle (19, male)- Xavier Prominince (AcetheKidd).
Youngest (16-female) - Sal Prominince (ƎⅎⱯƆ).

Maraqua
Oldest (21-male)- Drake Altador. (Consulting_Angel).
Older Middle (19-female)- Bellona Altador (pica99).
Younger Middle (17-18, male)-
Youngest (16-female)- Marianne Altador (anime_lily).

Pacifius
Oldest (20-22, male)-
Middle (19-male)- Cassian Palmton (Consulting_Angel).
Youngest (17-female)- Aelia Palmton (awful!).

Oceanum
Only Child (20-female)- Guinevere Koi (Itach Me ~ Itach You).

Servants (17 or older, any gender)

Atlantis
-
-
-

Maraqua
- Rafael (ZeDoctor45).
-
-

Pacifius
-
-
-

Oceanum
-
-
-

Humans (17 or older, any gender)
- Elijah Le-21-male (pica99).
-
-
-
-
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:48 am, edited 10 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:03 am

Please use the following character form. Edit it as you please, but don't remove any of the requested areas.

Name:
Nickname (if any):
Birthday:
Sexuality:
Appearance: (image or description)
Personality:
Role:
Other:

Rules
1. All of Tess' rules apply - as per usual.
2. No Mary Sues/Gary Stus.
3. Please try to interact with other characters - don't leave anyone out!
4. No one-liners, please. Aim for at least three lines (four-five, if on mobile), with decent grammar.
5. No OOC drama - if there's a problem, please PM me.
6. Please try and stay active.
7. Stick to the age ranges given on the 'Roles' list.
8. Any questions, then please ask via PM or on the discussion thread!
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Kingdoms Under the Sea. Open and Accepting!

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:56 am

We'll now begin! All the other families have arrived at the Atlantis Palace, and at the moment, characters are starting to get to know one another in the vast hallway of the Atlantis Palace.
--

Drake Altador
21 | Male
Prince of Maraqua
Tagged: Open.

Drake had entered the Atlantis Palace, closely following his father - his mother had decided to stay in Maraqua, to keep a watchful eye over it. He was not surprised. In fact, King Naga had been very reluctant to even bring his children. Drake didn't blame his father for those doubts, especially after the cursed whirlpool that hit Maraqua 30 years ago. The kingdom had rebuilt now, but defenses had gone up tenfold, and were easily the best out of the four kingdoms. He crossed his arms, his position being held in an elegant manner. He hated slouching, and it was heavily discouraged by his parents anyway. He glanced carefully at each of the other royal merpeople, wondering who was going to be first to speak up and talk to another.

Cassian Palmton
19 | Male
Prince of Pacifius
Tagged: Anyone.

Cassian looked around the group of royal merpeople with something of a bit of excitement. He had heard of the other royals, but this was his first time actually seeing them. Atlantis was also, he thought, very exquisite, and from the large kingdom's reputation, he was not surprised to have found out that their arrivals were a cause for celebration. Even on his way here, he had briefly greeted several of the citizens. Back in Pacifius, though, things were more tranquil, but important events were usually celebrated, along with any major discoveries that get made. He looked back around at everyone who was there again, then he approached someone and smiled warmly. "Hello. I'm Cassian," he introduced himself.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby temporary » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Sal
Atlantis
Princess
Tagged: Cassian Palmton
Sal swam around her bedroom glaring at the horrid picture of her human mother on her bedside table, trying to put the thought of having guests over out of her mind. She prayed there would at least be a cute girl or two. 'Why do I have to attend this, I know all of Atlantis' troubles already, I don't care about the other kingdoms....' She thought to herself as she brushed through her blond hair.

Three mins later...

Swimming out of her room, looking at the floor, she runs into Cassian, knocking him down. Blushing, she helps him up not replying to him. She looked up at him, annoyed.
chimera system it/they/she
did system + genderqueer + lesbian
mostly inactive but i come online every once in a while :3
temporary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby querencia » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:05 pm

Bellona Altador l 19 l Female l Princess of Maraqua l Tagged: open
Bellona entered the palace shortly after her father and brother, she wished she had stayed home after she saw the pitiful defenses of the largest kingdom. Her hair, wild and beautiful gently drifted against her lower back, just above where her tail started, and dressed in some of the finest clothes she owned. 'Always dress to intimidate' she used as her mantra. She had come to a stop when everyone else had, and raised an eyebrow at the royalty surrounded her. She was not impressed in the slightest at the lot and looked to her brother to see his reaction and was drawn back by the small girl, the Atlantis princess, she registered, swimming into the man who had been trying to speak. Again, she raised an eyebrow, was this how the royalty of Atlantis acted?

Elijah Le l 21 l Male l Human l Tagged: open
Elijah let out a groan as the alarm on his side table went off, slamming his hand on it to shut it off, and covered his eyes with his arm against the bright light streaming in between the shades. It was late, far too late to still be in bed, but what did that matter? His back ached, the cheap motel mattress did nothing for his back. He could still smell the salt on his skin, the seaside town seemed to be coated in it with no escape. He eventually managed to get up, throw on his clothes from the day before and head out with his supplies to the beach. If this was supposed to be a place to 'inspire' people, then it was truly advertised wrong.
querencia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nome senpai » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Name: Guinevere Koi
Nickname: Guin
Kingdom: Oceanum
Tagged: Open

Guinevere followed after her father and mother. Her blonde hair was up showing off the necklace her father gave her. She wore her finest clothes but knew later she would be going to explore so made sure to prepare. She swam with her head high, until she got distracted at how beautiful this palace was. Defenses weren't amazing but still beautiful. She looked around at everyone in the room. The families together. She saw all the siblings and looked away feeling out numbered. She it her lip and sighed not really knowing what to do. First time out of the castle, fist time with other royals. She was feeling a bit overwhelmed and just pt to herself.

Slowly getting back into the swing of things!!
Image Image Image
~ Come Join us as an Artist ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby temporary » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:09 pm

"Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going, I'm not used to others..." She said looking up at the merman dazzled, she had only ever seen the citizen's of her own kingdom. She started to swim around him and was distracted by a new painting in the halls, 'When was this hung up?' She thought to herself as she swam down to her mother's pearling room. 'At least the pearls don't act stupid.' she muttered and picked up a particularly shiny one.
Sal
Atlantis
Princess
Tagged: Cassian Palmton
temporary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby La Esmeralda » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Adriamala soon after her brother and sister. She sighed boredly. Mala hated being always being told," Dress nice do this do that , behave ." She swam next to her brother, Drake, not saying a word to him.
------------
Rafael was also there with the family. He was extremely grateful that nobody was speaking to him. Rafael stayed close to the marqua family.
La Esmeralda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AcetheKidd » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:43 am

Xavier ||Atlantis Prince ||Tags

"Come on you grumpy old man, its time for your medicine. ..open wide already. " Xavier tried to feed the old shark his daily medicine, but he was being stubborn as always. The great white laid there, not moving a muscle. "Hurmp, I ain't taking no medicine fish boy...I rather have me some lunxh. where's me lunch? " Fizz growled. Xavier sighed. "Meds first ...you have to take them, now please. ." Xavier saw that fizz swam past him and headed for the palace." I DON'T WANT TO TAKE THAT NASTY MESS! I want my lunch! " he growled and swam through the halls of the palace. Xavier sighed deeply and followed him."Not until you take your medicine! Come back here! "
AcetheKidd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me