Zaltana's Wild Horses- Accepting

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

Zaltana's Wild Horses- Accepting

Postby Tigermay » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:46 am

Old Thread: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=521856&start=0
I give credit to Essence- for the set up of the RP. I have modified a few things to fit my need though.

Welcome! This is my Wild Horse RP. However, this isn't just some mares and stallions getting mates and this also isn't one big herd. No, this is for real. In this RP horses will behave like they really do in the wild, but horses will have some human actions to keep things interesting.

Rules
1. All horses start out as a bachelor/lone mare. A bachelor has to court/snake a mare into a herd before he is considered a band stallion.
2. Be realistic. No horse has powers or wings or anything.
3. No god-modding/power-playing.
4. If you cuss, star it out.
5. There are no territories. A band just roams the land freely.
6. No flawless horses.
7. As many horses as you can handle, just try to keep the genders even(sorta). If you do not RP with your horse for a while you will be deleted and your horse will be 'rounded up' or it will 'disappear from the mountain'. However you can request to come back into the RP.
8. Use fades to black if you're mating or giving birth, and no force mating.
9. Don't kill someone's horse unless the other user agrees. And just because I say this don't think you are forbidden to kill a horse, just ask the user first.
10. Mares have to wait one year before they can have their foal. Get my permission before having a premature birth, having two foals, or time skipping. Put 'Purple pillows' in your other section.
11. This is semi-literate; have two good sentences per post, per character with your best grammar and all that jazz.
12. You may have up to two of your own horses in the same herd, unless they are foals that where born into the band.
13. Give the other person a chance when your characters are fighting. Geesh, give a 'gal a chance, really....
14. Please try not to irk other users(this includes me). Screw the 'Purple Pillows' and put 'Zaltana.' instead.
15. Mares don't really have a say in band matters, and can hardly do anything at all when being snaked.
16. There aren't any mates. A band stallion mates with all the mares.
17.There can only be up to six mares in a herd; one lead mare and five subordinate mares.
18. Most importantly have fun!

Horse Facts for RP
Note: These you should know for the RP. If you find some faulty info PM me please.

A harem, or band/herd, consists of one stallion and a few mares. There is only one stallion in a band, and any colts will be kicked out at two years old. The stallion mates with all the mares during the spring, when they're in heat. Next spring, one year later, they will give birth to one foal, rarely twins. A few days after giving birth they will go into heat again and very seldom a mare will be in heat for the first few days of summer.

A lone mare is a mare or female yearling that does not belong to a herd, but in the spring there will be very few of these, because stallions fight over mares constantly. Mares are like prized possessions or trophies to a stallion.

A bachelor is a stallion or male yearling that has not yet started a herd of his own. Bachelors will sometimes join together to steal mares from herds or will walk alone, occasionally harassing band stallions until they manage to get a mare of their own.

A band stallion is the one and only stallion in a herd. He steals mares from other bands and mates with all the mares in the spring. He is also the one responsible for protecting his herd against predators and rival stallions. If a band stallion dies, the mares may either split up or the stallion's eldest son may take over the herd.

A lead mare is a mare that is chosen by the lead stallion to lead the herd to watering holes, and also takes the lead when they migrate to the canyon each year in the fall. She is bred by the band stallion.

A foal is a baby horse of either gender from 0-12 months old.

A yearling is a horse of either gender from the ages 1-3 years. Colts are kicked out at the age of two, and fillies may either leave to find a herd of their own, or stay.

A stallion is a male horse over the age of three years and a mare is a female horse over the age of three years.

Courting is a more gentle way to bring a mare into a herd, or to tell them where to go if a stallion is moving the band to a new location. A stallion will nudge the mare in the direction he wants her to go.

Snaking is a harsh way of getting a mare into a herd, and is how stallions steal mares from other stallions. The stallion will lower his head and flatten his ears, galloping behind the mare, chasing her into his herd. If a mare is being snaked, there is little she can do to resist the stallion before being forced to go where he wants you to.

If a mare is stolen from another herd, she may sneak back to her old harem if the band stallion has his back turned.(Uncommon)

A hand is four inches and this is how we measure horses. i.e. 14hh 14.2hh 14.3hh 15hh 15.2hh 15.3hh 16.hh etc. hh= hands

Territories

Zaltana- Zaltana is simply the name of the land. It's just what horses refer the entire area as.

Dark Mountain- This mountain is where the horses spend spring, summer, and some of fall. It has lush grass, but in some areas it can be steep, so watch out! It also abruptly stops and ends at a cliff at the top and mountain lions have been seen here.

Kila Lake -The lake is located at the base of the mountain, on the opposite side of the mountain as the forest. It's the biggest source of water, bigger then the river, but small ponds, puddles, and streams can be found on the mountain. In the summer, the river and everything dries out, making the lake the only source of water. It's about half its normal size in summer, the lake is large and is an oval shape, it has three islands in it and as said before the main water source of the bands.

Ramu River- There is a small river flowing out of the lands to the west, it gets it's water from the lake out of the lake. It dries up in summer leaving a dangerous trench by Kila Lake.

Lost Canyon- The canyon is where the bands migrate to in the fall. This is where they will spend the winter, because the canyon walls provide shelter from the icy winds and storms. There is a stream snaking through it, but since they only come here in the winter, it is frozen over and the horses have to eat snow to quench their thirst, or break the ice. They dig through the snow to get to grass and roots to eat.

Fulong Forest- The forest is located at the base of the mountain on the opposite side of the mountain as the watering hole. Cougars and even wolves lurk here, so watch out. Horses have to journey through here to reach the canyon on the other side when migrating for the winter. A few small forested parts of land are littered here and there on the mountain.

Howling Cliff- The cliff is the abrupt drop at the top of the mountain. Up here the lush grass vanishes and it's all rocks and dirt and dust. A fall from here will surely kill you.
Last edited by Tigermay on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tigermay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ranks and Season

Postby Tigermay » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:03 am

Season
Season- Summer! The days are hot and the lush grass is slowly getting drier. The bachelors and band stallions are going about the normal business. A few mares are in heat. 5/5 days remaining, every season lasts 5 days in real life.
Weather- There is a hug storm piling itself on the horizon.

Ranks

Shadow's Band
Band Stallion:Shadow
Lead Mare:Sash
Subordinate Mares:
Yearlings:Chy, Ash
Foals: Rem

Trigger's Band
Band Stallion:Trigger
Lead Mare:Jem
Subordinate Mares:Rush
Yearlings:
Foals: Sprint, Bullet, Artemisa

Flame's Band
Band Stallion:Flame
Lead Mare:
Subordinate Mares: Piton, Stormy
Yearlings:
Foals: Sky Fire

_______'s Band
Band Stallion:
Lead Mare:
Subordinate Mares:
Yearlings:
Foals:

_______'s Band
Band Stallion:
Lead Mare:
Subordinate Mares:
Yearlings:
Foals:

Bachelors: Addiction
Jet
Russian Roulette
Pride

Lone Mares: Bliss
Lucy
Rose
Gliss
Spot
Rocket
Eternity

(Hope that's everyone, please PM me if you aren't on here.)
(Will add more bands as necessary)
Last edited by Tigermay on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Tigermay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

My Characters and Skellies

Postby Tigermay » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:58 am

Skellies/ Forms

Mares
Full Name:
Nickname:
Herd:
Foals:
Siblings:
Distant Family:
Parents:
Personality:
History:
Theme Song:
Other:
Looks: (Picture And/Or Description)

Stallions
Full Name:
Nickname:
Mares in Herd:
Foals:
Siblings:
Distant Family:
Parents:
Personality:
History:
Theme Song:
Other:

Colts and Fillies
Full Name:
NickName:
Herd:
Siblings:
Distant Family:
Mother:
Father:
Personality:
Theme Song:
Other:

My Characters

Full Name: Spirit's Shadow
Nickname: Shadow
Mares in Herd: Sash
Foals: 6, Piton, Chy, Rem are the ones here
Siblings: a few half brothers and sisters
Distant Family: Cousins an aunt or uncle the norm.
Parents: Sina and Finale
Personality: Shadow is a real fighter sometimes he will try to steal mares just so he can fight the stallion of the band. But don't let his warring nature be the only thing you see, he is kind and very caring underneath.
History: See old thread
Theme Song: Sound the Bugle by Bryan Adams and Never Gonna Leave This Bed by Maroon 5
Other:
Looks: Image

Full Name: Spit Fire Flame
Nickname: Flame
Mares in Herd: Stormy, Piton
Foals: Sky Fire and a few others not here
Siblings: Can't remember
Distant Family: Doesn't want to remember
Parents: Gina and Red
Personality: He is a play it cool, I was just joking kind of guy, he is kind and gentle even if you aren't apart of his band. He breaks his 'mold' a lot and constantly seems to be a different horse than the Flame you or your friend knows. Has a temper when angered.
History: See other thread
Theme Song: Brothers Under the Sun by Bryan Adams
Other:

Full Name: S.S.'s Remembered Time
NickName:Remember or Rem
Herd: Shadow's
Siblings: Piton(Sister), Chy(Sister), Ash(Half Brother),
Distant Family: Sky Fire(Niece)
Mother: Saphire
Father: Spirit's Shadow
Personality:Take a bit of Shadow, a pinch of Sash, and a lot of rebellion and you'll get pretty close to Rem.
He is a proud kind stallion who is often showing how free and rebellious he is. He learned well from his father, Shadow, and even picked up a few habits of his. But once he was kicked out a stallion named Flame, his father's old friend, took him under his wing and Rem got another schooling.
So overall he is a well rounded stallion that has a large rebellious streak. He doesn't really let his temper run and his soft side is somewhat easy to access.
Theme Song: You Can't Take Me by Bryan Adams
Other:
Looks: Now;Image
Older;Image
Rem is a paint buckskin stallion with sharp hooves and strange eyes. There is a large blaze going down his face and this makes his eyes a bit strange, seeing as his eyes are only half in the white of the blaze. His eyes are two colors, a warm brown and striking blue, both of his eyes are like this.

Full Name: Sky Fire
NickName: None but she could be called Fire
Herd: Flame's
Siblings: unknown
Distant Family:Shadow(Grandsire), Sash(Granddam), Rem(Uncle), Chy(Aunt), Ash(Uncle)
Mother:Piton
Father:Spit Fire Flame
Personality:She is like in father in some ways and like her mother in others, but she was a spunky little thing that keep wandering off and "raised herself".
She isn't a desperate mare on any matter and often goes with the flow of things. But when she decides to do something, she'll get it done no matter what. Very independent and free she'll do what she wants when she wants, and I wouldn't try and stop her. And if you're her stallion, she hates it if he doesn't trust her. But then again if she isn't happy in the band then you shouldn't trust her.
Theme Song: Poker Face by Lady GaGa
Other:
Looks: Now;Image
Older; Image Sky Fire is a different colored mare. She is a roan, her body is blue but her legs, head, mane and tail are red. She has a little white star on her head and no other white besides that. She has faint striping on her legs and sharp red-brown hooves.
Tigermay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Zaltana's Wild Horses- Accepting

Postby Remaskis » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:34 am

Mares
Full Name: Rush of Wind
Nickname: Rush
Herd: Trigger's
Foals: Sprint
Siblings: NA
Distant Family: Artemis (half-neice) and Bullet (half-nephew)
Parents: NA
Personality: Rush is bold, stubborn, and hot-headed. But, if you aren't harsh to her at first you can easily get on her good side. She is friendly and kind to newcomers and old friends.
History: She was courted by Trigger, only to have her band be attacked by Shadow's. After a while, Trigger went missing. During his absensense she gave birth to his foal, which she miscarried. Soon after, Trigger came back and she gave birth to Sprint. (recap of last thread.)
Theme Song:
Other: Zaltana
Looks: She is a 14hh blood-bay mare, with a jet-black mane and tail. She somewhat resembles a Arabian and has chilling ice-blue eyes.

Colts and Fillies
Full Name: Sprinting Hare
NickName: Sprint
Siblings: Artemis (Half-sister) Trigger (Half-Brother)
Distant Family:Jem (Half-Aunt)
Mother: Rush
Father: Trigger
Personality: He is easy-going and has a 'go with the flow' attitude. Though, he is very brave and caring. He has a lot of determination, and will never give up. He is very humarous and goofy.
Theme Song:
Looks: Sprint is a dun stallion with the same build of his father. he has ice-blue eyes, but seem more pale and calm than his mothers.

Colt: Image

Adult: Image

Stallions
Full Name: Black as Night
Nickname: Jet
Mares in Herd: NA
Foals: NA
Siblings: Moon♀
Distant Family: NA
Parents: Night ♀ and Fallen♂
Personality: Jet is very gentle and kind towards mares, he never steals mares, but will fight to the death over them. He is a very strong fighter and is very adapted to the wild, like many mustangs are. He is brave and loves foals, but usally never speaks to stallions who he is not related to.
History:
Theme Song:
Looks: He is a Jet-Black stallion with a silver-white mane and tail. He has deep brown eyes.

http://www.horseswallpapers.com/wp-cont ... 24x768.jpg
Last edited by Remaskis on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:06 am, edited 9 times in total.
Tumblr and Homestuck have eaten my brain.
Remaskis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby вlιѕѕ » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:51 am

Full Name: Addiction
Nickname: Addiction
Mares in Herd: ---
Foals: ---
Siblings: Forever Bliss (Sister)
Distant Family: ---
Parents: Ivory and Nevada
Personality: Addiction is a rebel. He love to challenge other stallions for the fun of it. He's very bold and outgoing.
History: Had the life as the usual stallion; kicked out of his birth herd at a young age to raise his own herd.
Theme Song: ---
Other: Zatlana

Full Name: Forever Bliss
Nickname: Bliss
Herd: ---
Foals: ---
Siblings: Addiction (Brother)
Parents: Ivory and Nevada
Personality: Bliss is kind-hearted but she doesn't let that get in the way of her temper. She can't be easily angered but can hold a long grudge. She goes with the current but at times stands like a rock.
History: Much like her brother, she left her birth herd and tagged along with Addiction to find a new herd. She finds herself straying away from her sibling and closer to the herds.
Other: ---

I'm just going to put the forms of my other horses too....

Full Name: Trigger
Nickname: Trigger
Mares in Herd: Jem, Rush
Foals: Bullet, Artemisa, Sprint
Siblings: ---
Parents: Fantasia and Outlaw
Personality: Trigger is tough and determined. Once he sets his eyes on a mare he likes, he will not stop at anything to get her, even the band's stallion. Though under all that rough and tough, he's a real gentle giant.
History: See old thread.

Full Name: Bullet Proof
Nickname: Bullet
Siblings: Artemisa (Sister) and Sprint (Half-Brother)
Distant Family: Rush (Half-Aunt)
Parents: Trigger and Jem
Personality: Bullet is determined and courageous, he will let nothing get in his way, nothing. He can be vain and over-protective if he thinks a stallion comes to close to his mares and foals.
History: ---
Theme Song: Na Na Na- My Chemical Romance
Looks:

Foal: Image

Adult: Image
Last edited by вlιѕѕ on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cause It's Summer And The Memories Are Just Waiting To Happen
вlιѕѕ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Miss Understood » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:25 am

Full Name:Saphire's in the Rust.
Nickname: Sash.
Foals:Piton, Chy, Ash, Rem.
Siblings: None.
Distant Family: Dosn't say.
Parents: June and Arrow.
Personality: She is very tough and experenced, she can handel herself but is a flirt. She is serous about certian things and wants to be noticed, she will kick it up when needed she will not be taken easy so good luck, but she does know her ranks if taken she will stay if claimed and trys to make the best of a situation. She also has moods where she dosn't allow any stallion near her.
History:She has been with Shadow for 4 years but was taken for half a year by a Dark named Crimson Badge but is now back with Shadow and has had 4 foals. One is now with another stallion and her first son was from Crimson.
Theme Song: Rember the Name.
Other: Zatlana.
Looks:

Full Name: Piton's Wonderland.
Nickname: Piton.
Herd: Flame's
Foals: Sky Fire.
Siblings: Chy, Rem, Ash (Step Brother)
Distant Family: None.
Parents: Shadow and Saphire
Personality: She is like her mother, she loves everyone and has a special spot for some. She loves to make you smile and make you happy. But is very sensitive and smart.
History: She spent her life with her mother and father but stayed with her father when her mother was stolen. She then left with Flame when her mother came back but she has aloways wanted to join Trigger.
Theme Song: Shinning Star- The Manhattans
Other:Zatlana.
Looks:

Full Name: Ash and Ember
NickName: Ash
Siblings: Chy and other extended family.
Distant Family: Piton, Rem and Sky Fire.
Father: Crimson Badge.
Personality: He is a dark and has no limits, he is just like his father and will do anything he wants.
Theme Song: ...
Other: Zatlana
Looks:

Full Name:Chyanne
NickName: CHy
Siblings: Ash, Piton, Rem.
Distant Family: None.
Father: Shadow
Personality: She is just like Saphire with hints of Shadow but will change over time.
Theme Song: Rolling in the Deep.
Other:Zatlana
Looks:
Equestrian since the age of 5, working my way up to 3'6. I feel in love with an Appaloosa named Sundance kid and I am proud to call him my own.

Miss Understood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tigermay » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:15 am

(all accepted ; ))
Tigermay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Miss Understood » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:19 am

(Are we going to wait for everyone?)
Equestrian since the age of 5, working my way up to 3'6. I feel in love with an Appaloosa named Sundance kid and I am proud to call him my own.

Miss Understood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tigermay » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:34 am

9yeah but we only have to wait for Flicka and Sahari I believe)
Tigermay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby вlιѕѕ » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:17 pm

(Have you thought of maybe posting on the other role-play so the people that were role-playing on there see this too?)
Cause It's Summer And The Memories Are Just Waiting To Happen
вlιѕѕ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me