closed

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

closed

Postby phayraoh » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:04 pm

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇsᴇʀᴛ ɪs ᴀɴ ᴜɴғᴏʀɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ . . .

┌───────────────────────────────┐
T H E⠀T R I B E⠀O F⠀G O L D E N⠀L I G H T
└───────────────────────────────┘
. . . ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴇ sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇ

─────────────────────────
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
─────────────────────────
Last edited by phayraoh on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
phayraoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❂ . » ‵ ʙᴇɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ || ᴛʀɪʙᴇ ʀᴘ || wip dnp

Postby phayraoh » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:06 pm

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀──────────
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀┌──────────────────┐

The Tribe of Golden Light, a hardy group
of cats who have scraped out a living for
themselves in one of the most testing
environments there is. They are highly
skilled and trained in the ways of
surviving their harsh world, adapting to
the scorching heat and scarcity of life
just as the animals they’re surrounded
by have been doing for thousands of
years. The tribe lives a modest life,
protected by a labyrinth of sandstone
caves smoothed by the blasting winds
of time. They hunt by night and take
shelter by day, cooling off and drinking
from the oasis they’ve fought so hard to
keep their own.
⠀But everything is changing now.
⠀Something has caused their precious
water supply to dwindle and dry up,
depleting the tribe of their treasures
resource. It has been decided that an
expedition will be sent out to search for
answers and to bring back the water.
Meanwhile, those who remain behind
must fight to remain alive, or risk a
slow, painful death beneath the tribe’s
greatest enemy: the sun
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀│

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀└──────────────────┘
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀──────────
phayraoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❂ . » ‵ ʙᴇɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ || ᴛʀɪʙᴇ ʀᴘ || wip dnp

Postby phayraoh » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:07 pm

R U L E S

▪ follow all site / forum rules
▪ ranks are first-come, first-serve
▪ realistic names / appearances
▪ no motherless kits
▪ no non-pregnant or non-nursing queens
▪ no being your own mate, crush, or mentor
▪ tribal names, not warrior names
▪ cats should not have long or super thick fur
▪ no power-playing or god-modding
▪ notify me somehow if you’ll be absent for awhile
▪ make as many cats as you can handle
▪ don’t pick a high rank if you’re not going to be active
▪ no drastic events without asking, drama is encouraged
▪ one high rank per user
▪ forms go on the discussion thread

Last edited by phayraoh on Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phayraoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Tribe of Golden Light

Postby phayraoh » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:08 pm

C A T S

ʟᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ [leader of the tribe]
Mists of the Morning | ♂ | 47 moons | owliscalling

sʜᴀᴡᴍᴀɴ [interprets signs & prophecies]
Coati That Scuttles Over the Sand | ♂ | 47 moons | Neenee777

sʜᴀᴡᴍᴀɴ's sᴜᴄᴄᴇssᴏʀ
will be chosen during the roleplay

ʜᴇᴀʟᴇʀ [uses herbs to heal the sick/injured]
Flower in Many Fields | ♀ | 28 moons | ♕Crøwned

ᴛᴏ-ʙᴇ [in training to become a healer]
Stars on Ebony Skies | ♀ | 7 moons | EtheralBubble

─────────────────────────────────

ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴘʀᴇʏ-ʜᴜɴᴛᴇʀ [head of hunting parties]
Dark Shadow that Eagle Casts | ♂ | 28 moons | CHiCKINS

ʜᴜɴᴛᴇʀs [hunt for the tribe]
Crow With Sleek Feathers | ♂ | 52 moons | Neenee777
Leopard That Prowls at Night | ♀ | 23 moons | Dream~
Kobra in the Thicket | ♂ | 30 moons | Kei.
Scorpion that Stings Twice | ♀ | 67 moons | turpitude.

ʟᴇᴀᴅ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅ [head of the guards]
Dew That Falls on Cactus | ♂ | 40 moons | inky.

ɢᴜᴀʀᴅs [guard the tribe from predators in camp & while hunting]
Lightning in the Sky | ♂ | 30 moons | owliscalling
Dove That Drifts in the Breeze | ♀ | 36 moons | Neenee777
Moss on Smooth Rocks | ♂ | 30 moons | ♕Crøwned
Shadow of Hawk That Circles | ♂ | 28 moons | Dream~

ᴛᴏ-ʙᴇs [cats in training to become a hunter or guard]
HUNTER TO-BES CURRENTLY CLOSED

Streak of the Falling Star | ♀ | 10 moons | owliscalling
Blooming Petal in the Desert | ♀ | 9 moons | Neenee777
Waves of Blue Ocean | ♂ | 10 moons |
Tortoise that Races the Wind | ♀ | 8 moons | turpitude.
Osprey that Watches Those Below | ♂ | 8 moons | turpitude.
Armadillo on the Sand | ♂ | 8 moons | CHiCKINS

ᴋɪᴛ-ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀs [pregnant or nursing queens]
Palm Shadowing the Oasis | ♀ | 51 moons | Neenee777
Raven that Flies in Canyon | ♀ | 27 moons | Dream~

ᴋɪᴛs [cats between zero and five moons]
Rock that Tumbles Down Cliff | ♂ | 3 moons | Dream~
Frost that Falls at Night | ♂ | 3 moons | inky.
Spider that Hides in Shadows | ♀ | 3 moons | turpitude.

ᴇʟᴅᴇʀs [retired tribe cats]
Adder That Crawls Over Sand | ♀ | 150 moons | inky.
Dassie on a Rock | ♀ | 145 moons | Kei.
Last edited by phayraoh on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:32 am, edited 16 times in total.
phayraoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Relations

Postby phayraoh » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:08 pm

R E L A T I O N S H I P S

ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ
he likes →
← she likes
they like each other ⇄
mates ❥

Kobra → Flower
Waves → Ebony
Leopard ⇄ Moss

ᴋɪɴ
Adder is mother to Dew
Palm is mother to
Raven is mother to Rock, Frost, & Spider
Scorpion is mother to Tortoise & Osprey
Armadillo and Dark are half-brothers

ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ
Dove is training Streak
Crow is training Tortoise
Leopard is training Osprey
Kobra is training Waves
Scorpion is training Armadillo
Lightning is training Petal

Last edited by phayraoh on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:32 am, edited 8 times in total.
phayraoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Territory

Postby phayraoh » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:49 pm

T E R R I T O R Y

ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀs
▪ coyotes
▪ raptors
▪ snakes
▪ scorpions
▪ venoumous spiders
▪ foxes
▪ bobcats
▪ mountain lions

ᴘʀᴇʏ
▪ birds
▪ snakes
▪ lizards
▪ rodents

ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ
⠀The tribe’s territory spans over a vast expanse of desert. It includes sparse scrub, towering forests of cacti, and jagged, unwelcoming, rocky outcroppings. Day-time temperatures average at 100°F (37.7°C), so the tribe spends most of it resting in the shade of their camp, which is located in the depths of a smooth slot canyon (images here). The main source of water comes from small trickles that run down the canyon walls in the mornings (from dew) and, the most important one, a hidden lake full of crystal clear water that can be accessed by navigating the slot canyon pathways. Most of the hunting is done at dusk, dawn, and at night, though temperatures at night can be too cold, dropping down to around 41°F (5°C).

phayraoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tribe Ways

Postby phayraoh » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 am

T R I B E ⠀ W A Y S

The Tribe of Golden Light is made up of several ranks, including a leader, shawman, healer, hunters, guards, and to-bes. Moreover, each rank has a special place in the tribe, and without them, there would be no survival in the harsh world of the desert.

The leader is at the top of the ranks, charged with looking over the tribe and leading it through times of both conflict and peace. The leader’s daily job usually includes keeping things in order. Organizing patrols is the job of the lead guard and hunter, but the leader is there to make sure that everything is running smoothly, as well as to adjust the number of patrols being sent out. Another task is to oversee the training of the to-bes. The leader will make sure each cat is progressing smoothly in time for his/her ceremony. The leader will also be the one to decide which rank a kit will be sent to when it is time for he or she to become a to-be; of course, the leader will also confer with the lead guard and hunter.

The shawman is perhaps one of the most important cats in the tribe. The shawman is the only cat who can regularly access the council of The Tribe of Stars, The Tribe of Golden Light’s ancestors. Unlike StarClan, The Tribe of Stars can always be heard by the shawman, usually as distant, incoherent whispers. When something needs to be said to the shawman, the words will be clear. The shawman shares dreams with The Tribe of Stars every half-moon by traveling to The Sacred Pool, which is a small body of water exposed to the night sky in a massive cave containing labyrinths of stalagmites and stalactites. The Sacred Pool is not connected to the camp via tunnels in the slot canyon, unlike the tribe’s main source of water. In addition to speaking with the ancestors, the shawman must also interpret signs sent by them. Shawmen receive this skill on their first visit to The Sacred Pool. Only one shawman can exist at a time. The current shawman may name a successor, but that successor will not have any access to The Tribe of Stars or any signs until the existing shawman has passed away or retired and given up their powers in a special ceremony. A successor can be named at any time in the shawman’s life, and it can be any cat from a newborn kit to a seasoned hunter or guard. The shawman is not allowed to have a mate or kits. If so, he or she will be stripped of their title and will be replaced by a successor. If there is no successor, a random cat will be selected by The Tribe of Stars.

The healer does not have any connection to The Tribe of Stars like medicine cats do in the clans. Instead, the healer’s sole job is to use herbs to heal and treat the cats in the tribe. Unlike the shawman, the healer actively trains a chosen apprentice, though the healer to-be will always remain a to-be until the current healer retires or passes away. Healers are not allowed to have a mate or kits; if so, they are stripped of their title and a replacement will be chosen. If the healer needs to be replaced, then his or her to-be will take their place. If the to-be needs to be replaced, the healer will choose a new one. In the unlikelyhood of both cats having a mate or kits, the shawman will replace the ranks by choice.

The lead guard and hunter are in charge of their respective groups and are responsible for organizing hunting patrols. The lead guard will also organize the day’s/night’s sentries and border patrols. The two leads together act as a replacement for a clan’s deputy, so both cats are included in important decisions and private meetings.

Guards have two tasks. One task is to accompany hunting patrols to keep a look out for dangerous predators that may attack the hunters. No hunting patrol is to leave the camp without at least one guard per two cats. The other task the guards have is to patrol the tribe’s borders and keep watch over the camp around the clock. All tasks are organized by the lead guard and all guards are taught complex battle-moves

Hunters are tasked with providing food for the tribe. Again, hunting patrols must be accompanied by at least one guard per two hunters (a hunter to-be counts as one cat, but a guard to-be does not count as the proper guard). Solo hunters may hunt at their own risk. In addition to hunting, hunters fetch water for queens, kits, and elders by going to the tribe’s water source (see territory for more info). Most hunters will give the task of fetching water to their to-be. All hunters are taught basic attack and defense moves, but if they fall under attack, they need to let the guards take over.

To-bes are the tribe’s apprentices—young cats between 6 and 12 moons of age. To-bes are in training to become either a guard or a hunter, with their mentor being a cat from the appropriate ranking. Kits who are becoming to-bes do not have a choice in where they will be assigned to train, but more often than not they are placed where they will perform well. When it is time for a to-be to become a full hunter or guard, a special ceremony is performed where the tribe goes to a special cave covered in the pawmarks of other cats who have earned their place in the tribe. The to-be places his or her paw in a puddle of red mud and makes their mark on the cave wall. Words will also be spoken by the cat’s mentor and the leader will officiate the ceremony.

phayraoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❂ . » ‵ ʙᴇɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ || ᴛʀɪʙᴇ ʀᴘ || ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ.

Postby ᴇᴜᴛᴏɴʏ » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:58 pm

┌────────────────────────────┐

✿FLOWER ON MANY FIELDS✿
✿28 | Healer | Crush is planned | Busy | ♀✿
✿Flower is currently at the lake | No Tags✿
└────────────────────────────┘

As the hot day dragged on Flower was growing restless. Pacing around her den she stopped and looked at the entrance to it. A glimmer flashed in her eye as she hurriedly scooped a pawful of moss off her neat herb shelves. She exited her den and made her way over to the camp exit. The cave entrance was a bit of a squeeze to exit and or enter through. She scanned the clearing before slipping through the hole quietly. Flower raced along on silent paws until she came across where the entrance to the lake lay. She stood there for little over two minutes before she took a breath and entered. She gazed at it speechless. However many times she had seen it, it still took her breath away. Letting out a shaky breath she stepped closer to the edge of the lake and lowered her muzzle; the moss hanging limply from her jaws. She dipped the moss smoothly under its surface. It created all, but a small ripple to upset the surface. Letting the moss dampen as she held there, Flower inhaled the sweet scent that drifted off the water.

┌────────────────────────────┐

➶MOSS ON SMOOTH ROCKS➶
➶30 | Guard | Crush is planned | Bored | ♂➶
➶Moss is currently in his nest | No tags➶
└────────────────────────────┘

As usual, the desert heat kept Moss' fur pinned to his skin. He rolled onto his back with a grunt and stared at the moist roof of the tribe's canyons cave. Moss felt as if his insides and outsides were sweating from the heat. Honestly, it was like you could never get used to the heat.

┌─────────────────────────────┐

♦WAVES ON BLUE OCEAN♦
♦10 | To-be | Crush is planned | Neutral | ♀♦
♦Waves is currently doing nothing | No tags♦
└─────────────────────────────┘

Waves had his head resting on his front paws. His eyes were closed, but he was not asleep. Waves was bored and had nothing to do, like at all.
ᴛᴀᴢ c: | sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ | ᴀᴜsᴛʀᴀʟɪᴀ | Image

xxᴛʀᴀᴅᴇs | ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ | ᴄᴀʀʀᴅ | ©

ᴇᴜᴛᴏɴʏ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chiirios » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:05 am

[ 𝕏 ]━━━𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜━━━[ 𝕏 ]
| mood; annoyed | location; camp | rank; lead hunter |
| mate; TBD | age; 28 moons | apprentice; n/a |
| tags; open |

𝕏
Dark sat in the shade of the rocks of the camp, although it didn't help much. He had his tongue out slightly and his legs stretched out, trying to cool down as best as possible. He could never escape the heat, and that was all thanks to his black as night pelt. The tom in question shook out his fur, adjusting the position in which he lay. It's so hot... He would have liked to go hunting, but he definitely couldn't in this heat. The thin tom stretched his limbs, resting his head on his paws once more and closing his eyes. He drifted into a semi-slumber, but he certainly didn't feel like he was resting.

[ 𝕏 ]━━━𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕠━━━[ 𝕏 ]
| mood; drowsy | location; camp | rank; to-be |
| crush; TBD | age; 8 moons | mentor; scorpion |
| tags; open |

𝕏
Armadillo sat in one of the shaded parts of the cave, watching all the uneventful outside. He was drowsy, but couldn't get it out of his mind that he had to be awake and be doing something at that moment. It just felt odd to be sitting around in broad daylight, even though it was scorching hot. He got to his paws, wobbly, and stepped outside into the sunlight. He immediately regretted it, but kept walking. He spotted Waves, a blue tom, who looked to be sleeping. Deciding to leave him be, as he looked peaceful, he headed to the nearly empty kill pile.
Chiirios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dream~ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:22 am

•Leopard That Prowls At Night•

Age; 23 Moons
Rank; Prey-Hunter
Mate; None yet
Crush; Moss On Smooth Rocks
Tagged; Open
Mentioned; N/A
Location; Camp

Leopard blinked one eye open, feeling the grogginess of sleep ever so slowly leaving her as she woke from her deep slumber. Sighing softly to herself, the brown she-cat slowly uncurled herself from the nest, slowly clambering to her paws. Small pieces of her nest clung to her fur, which was ruffled from sleep. Padding towards the entrance of the den, her long tail sweeping after her, she breathed softly as her paws traced the smooth sandstone that surrounded the tribe. Exiting the den, her sandy brown fur blended in with her surroundings. The she-cat sat down outside of it, her eyes taking in her surroundings briefly before she allowed herself to relax, taking time to groom herself as she waited for an opportunity to do something to arise.

•Shadow Of Hawk That Circles•

Age; 28 Moons
Rank; Guard
Mate; None yet
Crush; Open
Tagged; Open
Mentioned; N/A
Location; Camp

Hawk sat crouched near the entrance of the canyon that sheltered the tribe, his tail wrapped around his paws. He could feel the air cooling off rapidly as the sky outside darkened; he figured that cats would go hunt soon, and he was ready to perform his duty as a guard whenever necessary. The dark brown tabby tom could feel the edge of hunger appearing, yet he ignored the slight rumblings of his stomach. I wonder if I'll get to go on a patrol tonight, the tom wondered to himself. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, the tom resumed his previous position, his cold, distant blue eyes staring at the endless desert terrain beyond the camp.

•Raven That Flies In Canyon•

Age; 27 Moons
Rank; Guard, Kit-Mother
Mate; None yet
Crush; Open
Tagged; Open
Mentioned; N/A
Location; Den

Raven breathed softly, and quietly as she layed in her nest. A purr rumbled through the ebony she-cats chest, as she curled her tail around the kits at her stomach. My precious kits, the she-cat thought to herself, as she dipped her head to lovingly lick each one of them in turn. Her paws were restless after spending moons in the cave; she was just itching to feel the rough sand under her paws again, rather then the smooth sandstone. Shaking her head, the queen rested her head on her paws gently, as she waited patiently for her kits to wake up.

•Rock That Tumbles Down Cliff•

Age; 3 Moons
Rank; Kit
Mate; Too young
Crush; Open
Family; Raven, Frost, Spider, TBA
Tagged; Mother/Littermates
Mentioned; N/A
Location; Den

Rock felt himself stirring from his sleep, to find himself nestled cozily between two of his siblings. He blinked his eyes open lazily, a small yawn escaping the toms mouth, revealing rows of sharp white teeth. Closing his maw, he sighed contentedly, rolling on his back, and in the process, unknowingly kicking one of his litter mates with a hind leg.
Dream~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me