MountainClan; Searching the stars.. | New & Accepting |

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

MountainClan; Searching the stars.. | New & Accepting |

Postby Miss Marple » Mon May 15, 2017 4:35 am

"The closer you are to the stars.. the easier it is to hear them whisper..."

MountainClan is old and proud, but they are stuck in a constant loop from the past that they can't seem to escape from. For a Clan that prides itself so much on it's closeness to StarClan and it's freedom.. They are very far from free. Everything in MountainClan is assigned to you. From your mate to your job. When cats are nothing more than kits it is already decided for them if they are even worthy to become deputy or leader one day. These kits are the only ones allowed to be mentored by the leader and deputy. Cat who were not mentored by a deputy or leader aren't even considered for these positions no matter how worthy of them they may be. Medicine cat's are still allowed to choose their own apprentices but they are also assigned mates. Usually their mate being the leader, deputy, or a warrior who may become one. Cats who go against tradition or these beliefs are exiled and chased off the mountain, left alone to defend themselves no matter how old or how young they may be.

MountainClan is old and proud, a clan of legends, they have lived on these mountains for longer than any cats can remember. Rumor has it because of their closeness to the stars they receive more guidance to StarClan. That they are StarClan's favorite. That they do everything right. Their leaders are true heros! That they are the most noble of all the clan's surrounding this large forest.. But for such a highly respected clan.. They are far from free. Everything is assigned to you here; your rank, your destiny, your mate.. Anyone who speaks out against this is exiled, chased off the mountain and left to fend for themselves.. Be they a young apprentice or a dying elder.. But can a Clan stuck in the past ever truly make it to the future?

[removed]

The traditions in MountainClan are as follows...

The leader and deputy assess all the kits before they become apprentices. Deciding if any of them are worthy to ever become leader or deputy themselves. If they are, they are given to the deputy or leader as apprentices. If not they are trained by any other warrior. Cats who were trained by the deputy or leader are the only ones eligible to be leader or deputy one day. They are considered special, better than the other warriors even if their skills aren't really that spectacular. Any cat who wasn't trained by either of them can never be deputy or leader, regardless of how worthy they may be.

Once a cat becomes twenty moons old they are assigned a mate. The special cats, often called stargazing warriors, usually get to have a say in who they want to be their mates. Considering their close relationships with the leader and deputy. The others do not, though some leaders and deputies have been known to take known crushes into consideration.. Not all are so kind..

Medicine cat's, usually two of them, are both allowed to pick their apprentices. They may have one or two depending on what they decide. The medicine cat's do get assigned mates as well, but usually they are assigned to the leader, deputy, or one of the special cats who could become either of those. They and their apprentices are fed first, as the clan reveres them for their closeness to StarClan. It is believed that since the stars appear so close in MountainClan that the medicine cat's can contact them easier than any other clan's medicine cats.

Every half moon the medicine cat's travel to the top of the mountain so that they can speak to StarClan, they are only allowed to discuss this with each other and the leader. The deputy is usually left out of this, as they are not believed to have as strong of a connection to StarClan yet. The only exception is when the leader is on their last few lives. Then the deputy is allowed to be apart of these conversations. Though they are told prophecies before they are revealed to the rest of the clan, if they are revealed at all.

Every full moon MountainClan descends the mountain and goes to the lake nearby to have a gathering with the nearby clans. Though recently they haven't been doing this.. The warriors are unsure why, but since their new leader has taken over they've just simply said they have no use for this right now. And that they will return to gatherings soon... But they won't explain or say when that time might be.

[removed]
R u l e s
- All of Tess' rules apply, + No Powerplaying, it ruins the fun

- Post all forms in the Discussion Thread

- No weird colors/markings on your cat but they can have
slightly different names! No unicornspark or rainbowtuft, but
Cometsky or Darkmoon would be okay.

- One High Rank per person! This may change later if we add
another clan. Also for the "special" warriors i'd like for there to
be only one per person in that group as well. So those spots
aren't all taken up by one or two people.

- No creating prophecies without my permission! Please pm
me with any ideas so we can work it out.

- No being your own mate/crush/mentor! Sorry

- I will assign the mates at random, so don't be upset if you
don't get the cat you wanted for yours. You are allowed to
have forbidden mates and crushes! You can make as much
relationship drama as you want here!

- If you are unable to post please let me know, if you are
inactive for two weeks without prior notice you will be
deleted. Though you can rejoin your cats might not keep
their assigned mates as they will be reassigned.
Last edited by sun on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed decorative images.
Miss Marple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a l l e g i a n c e s

Postby Miss Marple » Mon May 15, 2017 7:59 am

She-cats: 19 Toms: 13 Total: 32

L e a d e r (1/1)
Eaglestar
Tom|47 Moons|Lives: 9|Assigned: Tawnyflight|Apprentice: Alderpaw|Miss Marple

D e p u t y (1/1)
Sparrowclaw
She-cat|35 Moons|Crush: Dolphinsplash Assigned: Rainwhisker|
Apprentice: Reserved|WolffeyPlaysGames

M e d i c i n e C a t s (2/2)
Whiteshadow
Tom|41 Moons|Crush: Riverdawn Assigned: Hollytail|Apprentice: Fleetingpaw|Poppycorn22

Riverdawn
She-cat|38 Moons|Assigned: Sparrowclaw|Apprentice: Honeypaw|believe-hwu

M e d i c i n e C a t A p p r e n t i c e s (2/2)
Honeypaw
Tom|10 Moons|No Crush|Mentor: Riverdawn|*~Blizzard~*

Fleetingpaw
She-cat|7 Moons|No Crush|Mentor: Whiteshadow|~silencedEternityX

S p e c i a l G r o u p (3/6)
Tawnyflight
She-cat|42 Moons|Assigned: Eaglestar|No Apprentice|Poppycorn22

Hollytail
She-cat|31 Moons|Crush: Dolphinsplash Assigned: Whiteshadow|No Apprentice|OcelotDragon

Hayspots
Tom|15 Moons|Assigned: Too Young|No Apprentice|akane;

Name
Gender|Age|Assigned: TBD|Apprentice|User
(Can range in age from older than the deputy and leader to younger than them.
Could have been mentored be previous leader, current leader, or current deputy)

W a r r i o r s (15/x)
Puddlejump
Tom|38 Moons|Assigned: Peonydapple|No Apprentice|Miss Marple

Riverclaw
She-cat|36 Moons|Assigned: Pigeoncatcher|Apprentice: Silverpaw|WolffeyPlaysGames

Pigeoncatcher
Tom|32 Moons|Assigned: Riverclaw|Apprentice: Stormypaw|akane;

Patchfur
Tom|32 Moons|Assigned: Sorrowstep|No Apprentice|Poppycorn22

Rainwhisker
Tom|31 Moons|Assigned: Sparrowclaw|No Apprentice|OcelotDragon

Peonydapple
She-cat|30 Moons|Assigned: Puddlejump|Apprentice: Scatterpaw|believe-hwu

Woollysplash
She-cat|29 Moons|Assigned: Sootpatch|Apprentice: Beepaw|akane;

Dolphin(Dolphinsplash)
Tom|27 Moons|Assigned: (Smokepatch) TBA|No Apprentice|believe-hwu

Smokepatch
She-cat|27 Moons|Assigned: (Dolphinsplash) TBA|Apprentice: Rainypaw|Poppycorn22

Sootpatch
Tom|27 Moons|Assigned: Woollysplash|No Apprentice|Poppycorn22

Leafstep
Tom|26 Moons|Assigned: Streameyes |Apprentice: Cricketpaw|*~Blizzard~*

Sorrowstep
She-cat|25 Moons|Assigned: Patchfur|No Apprentice|Miss Marple

Streameyes
She-cat|24 Moons|Assigned: Leafstep|No Apprentice|Poppycorn22

Aspenbreeze
She-cat|20 Moons|Assigned: TBD|No Apprentice|ljus

A p p r e n t i c e s (8/10)
Alderpaw
She-cat|10 Moons|No Crush|Mentor: Eaglestar|*~Blizzard~*

Silverpaw
She-cat|8 Moons|No Crush|Mentor: Riverclaw|believe-hwu

Rainypaw
She-cat|8 Moons|No Crush|Mentor: Smokepatch|Miss Marple

Stormypaw
Tom|8 Moons|No Crush|Mentor: Pigeoncatcher|Miss Marple

Beepaw
She-cat|8 Moons|Crush: Stormypaw|Mentor: Woollysplash|Poppycorn22

Scatterpaw
Tom|8 Moons|No Crush|Mentor: Peonydapple|Poppycorn22

Cricketpaw
She-cat|8 Moons|No Crush|Mentor: Leafstep|akane;

Moonpaw
She-cat|6 Moons|No Crush|Mentor: Sootpatch|Inuyasha

Q u e e n s (0/6)
Name
She-cat|Age|Assigned|Kits|User

K i t s (0/x)
Name
Gender|Age|Crush?|Mother|User

E l d e r s (1/4)
Olivedapple
She-cat|189 Moons|Assigned: Deceased|Retired Medicine Cat|Poppycorn22

Name
Gender|Age|Assigned(if alive)|Retired From?(Medicine Cat
/Deputy/Warrior/Queen)|User
[removed]

[removed]

She-cats: 1 Toms: 2 Total: 3

L o n e r s (0/4)
Cloud
Tom|5 Moons|No Crush|Fennekchu

Bat
She-cat|5 Moons|No Crush|Fennekchu

R o g u e s / E x i l e d C a t s (1/5)
Russetleap
Tom|38 Moons|No Crush|Former MountainClan, Was Exiled|believe-hwu

Name
Gender|Age|Crush/Mate|Former Clan Cat or No?|User

O t h e r C l a n C a t s
Coming Soon...
[removed]
[removed]

[removed]

C a t s o f S t a r C l a n (2/6)
Snowstar
She-cat|145 Moons|Assigned Mate Unknown|Leader|MountainClan|Miss Marple

Astercloud
She-cat|29 Moons|Assigned: Russetleap|Warrior|MountainClan|believe-hwu

Name
Gender|Age When Died|Mate/Crush|Position|MountainClan or Other Clan?|User
(If it's a cat from another clan just state other clan, we will create
more clans as the rp progresses)
[removed]
Last edited by sun on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:29 am, edited 16 times in total.
Miss Marple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Relationships, Important Info, & Prophecies

Postby Miss Marple » Mon May 15, 2017 8:17 am

Mentors and Apprentices
Eaglestar mentors Alderpaw
Sparrowclaw mentors Bat (Not yet)
Riverdawn mentors Honeypaw
Riverclaw mentors Silverpaw
Smokepatch mentors Rainypaw
Pigeoncatcher mentors Stormypaw
Woollysplash mentors Beepaw
Leafstep mentors Cricketpaw
Peonydapple mentors Scatterpaw
Sootpatch mentors Moonpaw
-- mentors Cloud (not yet)

Assigned Mates
Eaglestar & Tawnyflight
Sparrowclaw & Rainwhisker
Whiteshadow & Hollytail
Riverdawn & --
Woollysplash & Sootpatch
Leafstep & Streameyes
Peonydapple & Puddlejump
Pidgeoncatcher & Riverclaw
Sorrowstep & Patchfur
Smokepatch & Dolphin(splash) TBA
Aspenbreeze & --
Crushes/Forbidden Mates
Beepaw likes Stormypaw
Pigeoncatcher likes Peonydapple
Woollysplash likes Patchfur
Hollytail likes Dolphinsplash
Sparrowclaw likes Dolphinsplash

Family
Olivedapple is the Mother of Eaglestar
Rainypaw & Stormypaw are siblings
Russetleap & Riverdawn are siblings
Russetleap & Astercloud are the parents of
Silverpaw
Puddlejump & Sorrowstep are siblings
Bat & Cloud are siblings
Patchfur & Streameyes are siblings
Smokepatch & Sootpatch are siblings
Snowstar & Thistleclaw are the parents of
Woollysplash and Whiteshadow
Rainwhisker and Hollytail are siblings

[removed]

[removed]

- Rp is Currently Accepting! Post all forms on the discussion thread!
- All positions except Leader, Med Cat, Med cat apprentice & Deputy are currently open!
- Assigned mates and mentors assigned!

[removed]

- Coming soon
Last edited by sun on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:30 am, edited 9 times in total.
Miss Marple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

T e r r i t o r y

Postby Miss Marple » Mon May 15, 2017 9:16 am

Prey/"Predators"/Creatures
✔ Variety of Small Birds
✔ Rabbits
✔ Squirrels
✔ Fish in the river & lake
✔ Mice
X Bear (Extremely Rare)
X Eagle, Hawks, Falcons (Rare)
X Mountain Lions (Extremely Rare)
X Foxes (Uncommon)
= Deer (in the forest only) (Uncommon)
X/= Twoleg Campers (Extremely Rare-Uncommon)
= Possums & Raccoons (At Night) (Rare)
Current Season / Weather
Currently it is the beginning of new leaf!

The nights and mornings are still slightly cold but the days are
warm.

It rains frequently on the territory below the mountain. This
causes a lot of puddles and some mud in open areas. Not
enough for the river or the lake to over flow.

Prey is beginning to come back out in larger numbers, though
still skinny, some are beginning to plump up

MountainClan's camp is dug into the side of the mountain. There is a large amount of space where they can socialize, eat their prey, and just stay around camp. There is long grass here but otherwise not much shelter. In the center is a large rock where the leader holds their meetings. On clear nights they can look up and gaze at the stars. The den's are dug into the side of the mountain, there are some rocks but mostly made of dirt. In the center is the nursery, with the apprentice den to the left and the medicine cat's den to the right. The elder's den is on the left, between the warrior's den and the apprentice den, something some of them complain about. On the right, between the medicine cat's den and the leader's den is the deputies' den. On the far left is the warrior's den and to the far right is the leader's den.

Their territory consists of the right side of the mountain and the very top of it. They rarely go to the left side, finding no reason to. It then spreads to down the mountain to a portion of the pine forest around the mountain. There is a river along one border of their clan and their territory includes this right side of the river. On the other side is another Clan and neither is suppose to cross this river, though it can easily be done. The rest of their border is in the pine forest, where they can easily and accidentally go past their boundaries into those of loner territory or the territory of another clan if the markers haven't been renewed recently.
Last edited by Miss Marple on Wed May 17, 2017 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Marple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MountainClan; Searching the stars.. | New & Accepting |

Postby Miss Marple » Mon May 15, 2017 10:56 am

Reserved just in case
Miss Marple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MountainClan; Searching the stars.. | New & Accepting |

Postby Miss Marple » Tue May 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Eaglestar
Tom|47 Moons|Leader|Lives: 9|Assigned: Tawnyflight|Apprentice: Alderpaw|Tags: Open, in camp

Eaglestar sat outside the dens a small smile upon his maw as a gentle breeze caused the tall grass around his rock to sway slightly. He had woken up some time ago and was content to sit upon here as his clan mates joined him or started their days. His gaze flickered to the fresh kill pile but only for a moment, they'd send a patrol out soon if no one volunteered on their own to go out hunting. He wasn't too concerned, they only had one elder and so far no queens or kits. Though that was something that worried him.. True he had plenty of apprentices.. But what would they do after they were trained? It took a while anyways for a kit to become an apprentice. Turning his gaze up to the sky he frowned, if there was anything to be worried about surely StarClan would send a sign.. But so far neither Riverdawn nor Whiteshadow had spoken to him about any sort of new signs from StarClan.. So he would just have to be patient..

Puddlejump
Tom|38 Moons|Warrior|Assigned: Peonydapple|No Apprentice|Tags: Open, in camp

Puddlejump slowly padded out of the warrior's den, yawning before he shook out his fur. Though that didn't do much as his fur was usually pretty wild, he was almost jealous his sister had such short hair. But his did keep him warm in the winter.. Shaking his head he looked around faintly wondering where Peonydapple was. Well she has an apprentice, maybe she's off with them? he thought to himself. He sat down not too far from the dens and slowly blinked the sleep out of his eyes. He hoped he hadn't missed any patrols he'd been called for. He didn't want to upset anyone.. He'd help out all he could no matter how much was asked of him.

Sorrowstep
She-cat|25 Moons|Warrior|Assigned: Patchfur|No Apprentice|Tags: Open, in camp

Sorrowstep was in her usual spot this morning, sulking off by the cliffside her back to her clanmates. She let out a wistful sigh, she'd asked again for her name to be changed, and again she'd been told no. She had thought Eaglestar might change it, she didn't think it was fair for Snowstar to change her name like that.. She told herself it was because she was one of the last cats Snowstar named before she passed, it had been a moment of bad judgement.. But Eaglestar told her it fit her, and technically, she knew he was right.. But that didn't help any... Now for sure her clan mates would never accept her back.. She'd ignored them too long anyways.. So now she truly was destined for nothing much loneliness and suffering!! If only her brother were here, he'd be quick to tell her to stop being so over dramatic, if he could read thoughts that was.. Most of her thoughts and sometimes her words, were pretty overly dramatic.

Rainypaw
She-cat|8 Moons|Apprentice|Crush: None|Mentor: Smokepatch|Tags: Stormypaw, Open

Rainypaw squirmed around outside of the apprentice den "Oh i'm so excited Stormypaw!" she cried out. "Do you think we'll learn anything new today??" she asked. "Oh oh! You know i'm so terrible at fighting! Maybe Smokepatch will teach me some new moves and i'll finally be good at them! And then we can practice together and i'll beat you up for once and everyone will go wow! Did you see that? Look at Rainypaw go!!" she blurted out before she paused to take a breath. Rainypaw got really excited over training, she thought it had to be the best thing she'd ever done. She didn't really pause to think that she was learning all these skills because life really wasn't all that fun at times.

Stormypaw
Tom|8 Moons|Apprentice|Crush: None|Mentor: Pigeoncatcher|Tags: Rainypaw, Open

Stormypaw sighed "Yeah maybe." he mumbled a small response to his sister before he looked out at camp. Hoping to catch the eye of either his mentor or another apprentice. Anyone to distract Rainypaw from talking about training. He didn't understand how she couldn't just get it! Things were unfair here, but they were worse out there. These were valuable skills. It wasn't funny that she wasn't that great of a fighter, she should be nervous! But there was no telling her anything, he just had to hope she got better and maybe, learned that not everyone was a morning cat like her.. He was still very tired, though he did enjoy socializing with others in the morning.. Not that he minded whenever it was interupted for training.. He just thought it was nice to talk to the other apprentices who weren't so special. His people, he liked to think of them as.
Miss Marple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dukeaegir » Tue May 16, 2017 1:53 pm

─────────────────────────
    [Pigeoncatcher - 32 Moons - Riverclaw - warrior - open]
    "Wanted: Single f, under 33, must enjoy the sun, must enjoy the sea
    Sought by single m: Mrs.Destiny, send photo to address, is it you and me?"

Pigeoncatcher groomed his fur in peace. The tom had always been one to
    take his own pace with things but in battle it was a different story. Either
    way he wouldn't care if anyone talked to him or not, he was just focused
    on grooming his fur in the meantime.
    [Cricketpaw - 8 moons - None - apprentice - open]
    "Grieving over loss, sorry to be heavy but heavy is the cost,
    heavy is the cost."

Cricketpaw stuck her head out of the apprentice den with a small yawn, she
    had usually been one to sleep more then the others. while cats like Rainypaw
    and Stormypaw were already up. It wasn't like she didn't like being an apprentice.
    She just liked sleep way more.
    [Woollysplash - 29 Moons - Sootpatch - warrior - open]
    "Listen up kids, war is over, brand new sheriff's come to town. We are
    done with acting evil, we will lay our weapons down."

Wollysplash had recently just come back from hunting, something she was
    horrible at. But surprisingly she managed to catch a shrew. It wasn't the
    biggest but it was better then nothing. She had no clue what was going on
    within the clan so she sat near the warriors den attempting to groom her
    thick fur.
    [Hayspots - 15 moons - None - Warrior - open]
    "I am damaged, far too damaged, but you’re not beyond repair. Stick
    around here, make things better ‘Cause you beat me fair and square."

Hayspots sat away from the rest of the clan with a small growl. He was always
    a stick in the mud as most would say. But he didn't mind. He loved his
    independence as a cat. Being a warrior without a mentor was also an
    addition to this.
dukeaegir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me