A War's Beginning (HTTYD RP) || New & Accepting

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

A War's Beginning (HTTYD RP) || New & Accepting

Postby RogueRunner » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:01 pm

INTRODUCTION

The world was once dominated by powerful carnivores covered in scales and adorned by wings: Dragons. They were ruled with an iron claw; a queen which commanded them to steal from the inhabitants of a place stranded in the center of a seemingly endless sea. This place was called Berk, and its inhabitants were humans. Not just any humans, though: Vikings.

Dragons, at first, seemed the immediate and final victor in the battle for dominance. They were bigger, much stronger, and were armed with a terrifying ferocity. Though violence was never always their first approach, their leader's hunger was constantly raging, and it drove them to raid Berk for livestock.

The vikings were not prepared to give in to this strange creature. Their ancestors before them from faraway lands had battled dragons before, and they were just as crazy and aggressive, if not more so. They trained for war, and recklessly attacked as soon as the next wave of dragons came to get its fill.

This small battle ended in the deaths of a considerable number of dragons and the injuring of several other shocked ones. It was then that the dragons realized the vikings were more than just a source of food; they were a real, growing threat, and they could compete in hunting as well as any dragon. In order to satisfy their queen's ravenous appetite, they continued to raid Berk, and so the vikings continued to fight back until both sides shared a mutual hatred and instinct to kill the other on sight.

It remained like this until a bright, kind young child of a much later generation, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, was able to befriend and train a wounded dragon of an exceptionally rare species. Together, he and his partner, "Toothless," defeated the queen dragon in a massive battle. The dragons of this region are now free, and their truer colors are shining through. The vikings find themselves at the side of dragons, willing allies.

However, with a devastating power like a dragon's always comes a devastating greed. There are humans, dubbed dragon trappers, who capture dragons to use for war purposes, and as a collector's item; others seek to hunt them plainly for sport; and just because the dragons were free of their queen in one region doesn't mean there aren't other members of the queen species in other regions, forcing dragons and humans to fight...

The Night Fury dragon male, Toothless, has recently defeated a dominating Bewilderbeast - which is the alpha species of dragons, a king of sorts. He and Hiccup are now the chieftains of their respective tribes, but there are threats to dragons at every corner, while some dragons just seem untamable.

How long can this alliance really last?

Last edited by RogueRunner on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
RogueRunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A War's Beginning (HTTYD RP) || New & Accepting

RULES:

1. NO NIGHT FURY CHARACTERS. The only Night Furies in this roleplay will be Toothless and a female Night Fury. If they end up mating, being their offspring may be permitted.

2. ANY DRAGON CAN BE TAMED OR CAPTURED. What I mean by this is that I have a system of random generators I use to determine if taming or dragon trapping is successful; this is so no dragon character gets too overpowered or independent, therefor being unlike the canon of the actual franchise. These generators will be determined by a dragon's independence score, temper, and the trainer's (or trapper's) skill level.

3. YOU CANNOT BE YOUR OWN DRAGON OR TRAINER. You may have both human and dragon characters, but you cannot be your own companion dragon or human. You must train or befriend another roleplayer's dragon.

4. SIMPLE ACTIONS ARE ALSO DETERMINED BE GENERATORS. I've noticed a little trend in my roleplays, and that is that characters, whether animal or human, are amazing hunters and never miss a kill or lose a fight ever. Well, that's about to change. Based on character and target skill level, generators will decide the outcome of skirmishes and hunts. I'll say what happens based on what the generators say.

5. ONLY USE THE ORIGINAL DRAGONS. Until I can find a Book of Dragons page for the newer dragon species, please use the dragons from the original film (Deadly Nadder, Terrible Terror, etc.) and none from the show or second film (Stormcutter, Fireworm, etc.).

6. INCLUDE ESSENTIAL INFORMATION IN CHARACTER FORMS. Human forms must include: Occupation (dragon trapper, dragon trainer, hunter, fisher, farmer, etc.), name, gender, place of residence, relatives, age, skill levels (use the editable form below), if the character is original or an OC, and owned dragon(s). Dragon forms must include: Species (Deadly Nadder, Monstrous Nadder, etc.), name (only if tamed), gender, relatives, age, skill levels (use the editable form below), if the character is original or an OC, and trainer - if the dragon has one.

Code: Select all
[quote][center][b][u]Skill Levels[/u][/b]

(You have a total of 20 points to distribute; each category can have a maximum of 5 points)

[size=80][b]Strength[/b]: 1

[b]Endurance[/b]: 1

[b]Accuracy[/b]: 1

[b]Evasiveness[/b]: 1

[b]Perception[/b]: 1

[b]Intelligence[/b]: 1

(This section is separate; you can rate a dragon's independence (training difficulty) from 1 to 5 without worrying about points and the same goes for a viking's training skill)

[b]Training[/b] (human characters only): 1

[b]Independence[/b] (dragon characters only): 1[/size][/center][/quote]

<-----:----->

Back to Navigator!
Last edited by RogueRunner on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:55 am, edited 13 times in total.
RogueRunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Last edited by RogueRunner on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
RogueRunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RogueRunner » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:02 pm

HUMANS

---open---

Back to Navigator!
Last edited by RogueRunner on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RogueRunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RogueRunner » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:02 pm

DRAGONS

---open---

Back to Navigator!
RogueRunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RogueRunner » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:15 am

Basic Identification

Species: Night Fury

Canon Character or OC Character?: Original

Trainer?: N/A

Relationships

Parent(s)/Guardian(s): After hatching, she noticed a dead female by the nest she concluded was her mother

Aunt(s)/Uncle(s): N/A

Sibling(s): None that she has met

Friend(s): N/A

Mate(s): N/A

Grandparent(s): N/A

Grandchildren: N/A

Cousin(s): N/A

Other: N/A

Details

Pigment: Extremely dark; pale, deep green eyes; silver wing lining

Temper/Personality: This intelligent, petite dragoness can come with some real spunk - but also some real timidity, depending on who she is dealing with. With strangers, she is smart enough to know how to be very good at pretending to be more confident and fierce than she really is, able to portray herself as feisty and aggressive. In reality, though, she is interestingly pretty submissive, and apprehensive to the point of being irritating. She is rather reserved and not very open to extreme signs of affection...or showing them. She is mostly distrustful, and finds it difficult to believe anyone - even other dragons. She is defensive both to strangers and friends. Strangers get a fearsome, overconfident little beast; allies get the sensitive, reserved munchkin.

History: The small dragoness hatched to an empty nest; there were empty egg shells scattered around her, presumably from some unknown siblings, but her mother was very visible...and very visibly dead. She never figured out what killed her mother, but she knew that it had to be from a stab, due to her observable injuries. Unsure of what had happened to her family, she was too afraid to leave the nest, unconfident and comfortable staying where she could easily spot predators. Alone, though, she was slowly succumbing to hunger and thirst.

Weeks after she hatched, she was discovered by a human male; a viking, she would later find out. He took her to his tribe, and nursed her back to health. At such a small size, she could ride on his shoulders. He took her with him when he went farming, when he went to the docks to fish, and even when he went to sleep. He made for a decent companion, she decided.

Years later, when she finally reached adult size, the viking betrayed her; during a storm, he and his family was trying to boat to safety, and he shoved her into the ocean in order to drop dead weight. She nearly drowned, but just barely managed to swim to a safe island, where she lives now. She lives as a solitary dragoness, distrustful and timid from early days of hard life.

Skill Levels

Strength: 5

Endurance: 1

Accuracy: 4

Evasiveness: 5

Perception: 2

Intelligence: 5

Independence: 5
Last edited by RogueRunner on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
RogueRunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RogueRunner » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:05 am

Basic Identification

Species: Skrill

Relationships

Parent(s)/Guardian(s): Her biological parents are alive

Aunt(s)/Uncle(s): Four aunts, eight uncles

Sibling(s): MANY

Grandparent(s): Two grandmothers, two grandfathers

Cousin(s): MANY

Details

Pigment: Dark gray; blue eyes; vivid blue lines that extend from the eyes' corners to the middle of the tail; blue line patterns on the legs, shoulders, and wings; teardrop-shaped blue markings on the wings; dirty white horns

Temper/Personality: As a member of the Strike class, this dragoness was always going to be extremely clever; but she goes above and beyond with her cunningness. She is primarily solitary, never preferring to socialize with other dragons - and DEFINITELY not humans, let alone vikings or dragon trappers. She is pretty pessimistic, reserved, and admittedly somewhat selfish. Solemn and canny, her cynicism drives even the most determined dragon trainers far away.

History: She was hatched into a huge family of Skrills, all of which were her biological kin. Being such secretive dragons, they hadn't flown to the dragons' nesting island to lay their eggs, but had instead done so deep into a dark forest on a small island. The family had a strict hierarchy, which forced her to toughen up. Soon enough, she decided that others were always only looking out for themselves. While still only a juvenile, she flew away from home as soon as their backs were turned.

Without the protection of the group, she was subjected to an extremely harsh world - with even harsher competition. She grew to dislike other dragons, and she learned to dislike vikings too when she spotted a sheep, and decided to swoop down for a quick meal. She had never even seen a human before, and knew not the dangers they posed. She was netted down, and crashed onto a beach. She was able to free herself before they ever found her, and she had now developed a distinct hatred for humans.

She flew back to her home island much later, but was saddened to find that her family had disappeared. She lives on that same island now, clueless as to what happened to them.

Skill Levels

Endurance: 3

Accuracy: 3

Evasiveness: 3

Perception: 3

Intelligence: 5

Independence: 5
Last edited by RogueRunner on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
RogueRunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RogueRunner » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:53 am

Basic Identification

Species: Deadly Nadder

Name: Sunscale

Trainer?: He is a domesticated Deadly Nadder, but his last trainer died recently and he needs a new one

Relationships

Parent(s)/Guardian(s): Never met them

Aunt(s)/Uncle(s): Never met them

Sibling(s): Three other Deadly Nadders that have already gone into the wild

Grandparent(s): Never met them

Details

Pigment: Vivid yellow; brown talons; pale horns; pale yellow eyes; white striped tail

Temper/Personality: Anyone will look at him and think him handsome; he takes full advantage of his slender build and attractive color, being a notorious flirt that has caught the attention of many a Deadly Nadder female. He is extremely affectionate and sultry, with an occasional temper on him. Though quite tender, he is easily startled and unnerved, and it unfortunately leads to him involuntarily shooting his tail spikes at whoever startled him. Slightly cowardly, nervous, and very fondly, he is an interesting dragon, to say in the least.

History: He was hatched on Berk, meant to be the companion for a young viking male. However, it soon became apparent that their personalities weren't compatible. The viking took off with a Terrible Terror, leaving the newly named Sunscale behind. He was picked up by a new owner, a female, whose loving nature rubbed off on him. They became inseparable quickly.

Sadly, though, she once startled him when she came to feed him; he had been asleep and was scared by the sound of the fish colliding with the ground. He shot his spikes at her and one pierced her neck. Guilty of what he had done, he avoided Berk for a while, until recently. He has returned and lives there in the hopes to be picked up by a new trainer.

Skill Levels

Strength: 4

Endurance: 4

Accuracy: 4

Perception: 5

Intelligence: 2

Independence: 1
RogueRunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RogueRunner » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:45 am

Basic Identification

Species: Monstrous Nightmare

Relationships

Parent(s)/Guardian(s): A living mother; never saw her father

Aunt(s)/Uncle(s): N/A

Sibling(s): Eight deceased hatchlings

Grandparent(s): N/A

Details

Pigment: Blood red; pale yellow eyes; dark gray horns and talons; dark, dull purple stripe and swirl pattern on wings; dark, dull purple underbelly

Temper/Personality: Like any Stoker class dragon, this dragoness has a considerable temper. Irritable and hotheaded, she is quite overbearing and never easily approached. She prefers to keep her distance when neutral, but if angered, she stops at nothing to give her target a good thwack and/or burning. More clever than most Monstrous Nightmares, she can be quite the schemer and is rather cunning for where she comes from. She is also uninhibited, never stopping short of letting anyone and everyone know what she is feeling because she thinks that she is the most important of all. Vikings beware.

History: The first thing she ever saw were the other eight eggs of the nest being swallowed by a hungry Whispering Death. She survived by hiding in a crevasse, within the cave, and her mother arrived just in time to fight him off before he could eat her. She was reared by just her mother, who, while annoyingly aggressive, always cared for her and put her first. On the day she was teaching her to fly, she was captured by dragon trappers midair. At the last minute, the juvenile got her instinct to fly and escaped the trappers.

She looked for her mother for a while after that, but she knew that that was a lost cause. She went to live in one of the dragon nests, where she was acquainted with the queen dragon of the hive, a vicious Red Death. Once it was killed by the infamous Night Fury male, Toothless, she wandered the forests of Berk, unsure to this day of what she wants to do now.

Skill Levels

Endurance: 5

Accuracy: 3

Perception: 2

Intelligence: 4

Independence: 4
RogueRunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ronweasley » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:25 am

may I be the female nightfury if not, that's fine I have other dragon characters.
Image Image lazily coded by ronweasley

ronweasley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me