1X1 with arvanien

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1X1 with arvanien

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Hawthorne

Basil

"Celeste... was attacked last night?" Hawthorne said, looking momentarily stunned," Is she alright?" He asked bluntly, concerned, but still angry," What was she doing in the Howler village? At night? " Hawthorne's expression darkened as his hand rested on the pommel of his sword. He knew how serious it was if a Howler had broken the treaty. But, that didn't seem to cyrb his anger. Hawthorne glared at Arion evenly, unfazed by the red-haired Quell's barely controlled rage. " Thank you for letting me know. Don't worry, I'll take care of the Howler responsible" He said, struggling to keep his tone even and under control. At least Basil wasn't apart of it... He thought, but then second-guessed himself. Wait.. then what is she doing with Arion?

Hawthorne looked over at Basil, who was still standing silently as the two young men spoke. Her fists were clenched so tightly that her nails dug into her palms. " Basil..." He started, about to ask her where she had been all night. " Shut up" Basil said angrily, looking up at her brother, " Shut up and leave Arion alone! He didn't do anything wrong! You don't even know why you're angry at him, do you? Do you? I know you're mad I stayed out late, but that's NOT Arion's fault. You should be mad at me! I'm the one who stayed out late" She spat, with angry tears in her eyes. Her eyes were filled with sorrow and anger as she motioned vaguely at the two young men," Just look at yourselves! You have been good friends since bootcamp! Why do you look like you're going to snap each others necks?" Flowers began to pop up at Basil's feet as her control of her anger and sorrow began to bubble over. " If you two want to stand around and glare at each other, then go ahead. I'm going to go take a hot bath and take a nap." Basil turned on her heel and stormed off angrily.

Hawthorne's eyes were wide in surprise at his sister's words. He was still furious, but he felt bad about snapping at Arion because it had upset Basil. He looked over at the red-haired Quell grumbling angrily," This is all your fault. She was never like this before."
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:29 am

Arion

"She's alright now." Arion managed a small smile, the truth of that fact momentarily distracting him from everything else. He decided to leave out all the unnecessary details. "I don't have the answers to those questions yet. But I knew you needed to be aware of these kinds of situations, that's all. The only scenario in which she could have been attacked with a good reason is if Celeste did something stupid. And we both know she's not that kind of person." He took a breath to try to relax himself. It didn't work. Arion was still struggling to control his sudden desire to set something on fire. When she heals completely, she's accompanying me up there so I can burn that accursed village to ashes.

He found himself involuntarily clenching his fists at Basil's outburst. But Arion wasn't mad at her. She had a perfectly valid point. How is Hawthorne making me so mad all of a sudden? Arion's stomach roiled at Hawthorne's accusation. He nodded angrily, "Yeah, it was my fault. But a person can live in hapless subjugation to another for only so long until she snaps." Arion smirked coldly, his tone so caustic it could've eaten through metal. The words were barely out of his mouth before the thought of his abusive, domineering, alcoholic father jolted him. The listless exhaustion in Arion's eyes turned into seething fury. He suddenly whirled around and stormed out of the office. Arion flew downstairs, wanting to put as much distance between himself and the Maonaigh mansion's carpets, fountains, and hardwood balustrades. He felt like his rage was eating him alive, the same way his grief had last night. Hawthorne had been mad at him before, but now he was certain that Basil hated him. The blood in his head pounded dizzyingly as he raced out the door, leaving small trails of fire on the carpet that slowly fizzled out.
Last edited by arvanien on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:48 am

Hawthorne

Basil

Basil stormed up to her room, though with every foot step she took her anger fizzled out a little more and was replaced by a crippling sorrow and guilt for her outburst. She honestly wasn’t angry at Arion and she certainly didn’t blame him for being furious; Hawthorne had been the one to turn on Arion and unjustly take his anger out him. Arion hadn’t forced her follow him out last night or stay with him at the hospital. Basil had chosen to do it herself and disobey her brother’s wishes. Truthfully, Arion was the innocent one here. He didn’t deserve to be treated this way for Basil’s mistake.

Storming into her bedroom and slamming the door shut behind her, Basil felt as if her heart would shatter into a million pieces. I’m so, so sorry, Arion She thought miserably. Her bitter words played over in her mind, regret making her sick to her stomach. Basil had glanced back to see Arion angrily clenching her fists at her outburst. He probably despises me now she thought, feeling a lump in her throat, I know I wouldn’t want to be with someone like me. I’m too much trouble to be worth worrying about. No matter what I do, I just mess it up. Now even the only guy I’ve ever loved hates me . Miserably sobbing, Basil flopped head onto her bed and buried her face in her silk covered pillows. “I’m so sorry, Arion” She cried, hugging her pillow to her chest. Desperately, she wished that she could run out to apologize, but he had already left.

Hawthorne looked as if he had been slapped; first Basil had yelled at him to shut up and that he had no reason to be angry and then Arion accused him of being a tyrant. But, his shocked expression turned to a barely suppressed rage. “How dare you accuse me of subjugating Basil. You make me sound If I’m keeping her prisoner.” He spat venomously, “What I and my sister do is none of you d*mn business, Lindheimer.” Hawthorne turned away from Arion, anger bubbling up in his chest. At least I can protect my sister- Basil wasn't the one who was nearly killed last night. He was well known for his grouchiness, but the green and black haired Quell was absolutely livid- but deep down he was worried that Arion was right. Was he a tyrant for being too over protective? Even though his intentions were honest, even he realized that he was holding her back. The thought made Hawthorne's heart break a tiny bit, though his stony-faced expression didn’t change. Without a word, he turned and headed upstairs after Basil had left. He wanted to check on her to make sure she was okay and apologize for upsetting her. Though the captain stopped and looked over his shoulder, “Stay away from her Arion!, “He shouted angrily after the red-haired Quell as he stormed off. That guy doesn't need a girlfriend, he needs a d*mn psychoanalyst.
Last edited by rubyrocketboots13 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:49 pm

Arion

"What she told me sure made it sound that way." Arion had retorted, his voice still a biting sneer. He didn't hear anything else Hawthorne had said; the only thing he could hear was the blood roaring in his ears as he stormed out of the mansion in a rage. Freaking...Hawthorne. Who the quiznack does he think he is, to talk to me like that? It's time to make some Crêpes Suzette. Arion thought wrathfully, as he charged through the streets. As soon as he'd looked past his anger, guilt swept through him. Basil hates me now because of what I said. That's the millionth time my temper won over me. I never stood a chance with her anyway. Bitterness spread through his chest, stabbing into his throat as he tried to swallow it.

Arion made it back to the hospital in record time and swiftly entered Celeste's room. His blood boiled even hotter as he saw Juniper sleeping next to her. They looked sweet and innocent, but he didn't have time for that crαp. After exchanging a few words with Kyran, who looked absolutely terrified as he saw how wrathful Arion looked, he gently scooped Celeste up, taking careful pains not to wake Juniper. Arion hightailed it out of there with a still-sleeping Celeste in his arms, leaving a very confused Kyran scratching his head. "He's not possessed by a mere demon anymore. Bro got the Devil in him," the male nurse muttered.

His gaze traveled back to Juniper, and he felt a stab of regret. Why did I have to give in like that? Now they'll never see each other again, he mourned. Kyran sat by Juniper's bedside, unsure whether to wake him or not. His big grey eyes filled with tears and he wiped angrily at them, cursing himself for crying yet another time. I should wake him up and let him know; he needs to. But he looks so peaceful, I don't want to wake him.
Last edited by arvanien on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:13 pm

Hawthorne

Hawthorne clenched his jaw, biting back an angry reply. Arion didn’t even know Basil at all- they had met literally twenty-four hours ago. I’m the one who’s taken care of her all of these years! I’m the one who stayed up countless nights when she had night terrors. I’m the one who’s been there for her no matter what. I raised Basil for d*mn sake! Hawthorne took a breath in attempt to calm himself down, though it didn’t help. He couldn’t seem to get a grip on his temper. What right does Arion have to question how I treat Basil? She has everything she could possibly want right here. There's nothing wrong with the way I treat her. Besides, she doesn’t need that hot-headed trouble maker. He’s no good for her! What if his attitude rubs off on her? Ach, there are at least two dozen eligible bachelors right here in this neighborhood that Basil could date if she wanted to. Hawthorne ran his hand through his hair frustratedly. All he ever wanted was to protect Basil and let her have a happy life. Though, Arion’s words suddenly struck his heart hard. “ Basil said those things about me? Like I’m…. her warden? Is that how she sees me? “The captain felt as if Arion had stabbed him in the chest with his sword. Hawthorne wasn’t talking to anyone, he was standing in the hall a little bit away from Basil’s door. But, it helped to talk this out- it was too much for him to process at one time. “No.. no it can’t be. Arion’s probably lying to make himself feel better” He spat angrily.

Trying to calm himself down, Hawthorne took a breath and cleared his mind of all the bitter thoughts he was holding- a meditative technique he had perfected so that he’d have laser sharp focus on the battlefield. It seemed to work for him, at least somewhat. He was able to push most of his anger to the back of his mind. Hawthorne strode calmly strode over to Basil’s bedroom door and rapped his knuckles against the door. “ Sprout?” He said hesitantly. He could hear Basil’s soft sobs through the door, making his heart ache even more. “Basil, I… i’m sorry I upset you…. Please let me in… i want to talk” He said, turning the handle to find that it was locked- and something heavy was leaning against the door. “Basil? Basil let me in! Are you okay? ” He said, frowning deeply. But, as he remembered what Arion said about him controlling his sister, Hawthorne let go of the door handle and took a step back. “ Never mind…. We can talk when you’re ready, okay? Just.. get some rest… I’ll have a maid bring you up some food if you get hungry. Maybe ice cream and apple fritters? You… you still like that junk don’t you?” He said, his tone gentler than usual. Hawthorne honestly loved his sister deeply and tried to take care of her as best as he knew how, but he never did well with the softer, cuddly part of caring for someone. Hawthorne pressed his ear to the door to hear Basil’s reply, but she had fallen quiet. She must have cried herself to sleep He thought, his heart aching ever worse, Basil’s never going to forgive me for this. And Arion… he’s not going to forgive me either…. Hawthorne rubbed his face in exasperation as he trudged back downstairs D*mn, how could I have treated them like this? He thought, guilt making his stomach twist in knots

Basil

Basil heard Hawthorne coming up the stairs, despite her anguished sobbing. Her brother was the very last person she wanted to talk to at the moment. Without hesitation, she rolled off of her bed and pushed her desk against the door. Sniffling angrily, she flopped back on the bed and covered her head with her pillow so she didn’t have to listen talk about who-knows-what. He’s probably lecturing me about staying out to late or to stay away from Arion She thought angrily, wanting to throw the nearest object around her at the closed door. I hate him! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM! Basil wanted to scream and cry and throw something to deal with all of the anger and sorrow pent up inside her chest, but she couldn’t seem to cry anymore. Swiping at her eyes, she sat up on the bed and listened- her brother seemed to have given up on trying to talk to her. But, even that didn’t make her feel any better. I have to talk to Arion… and apologize. He probably hates me though…. Basil chewed her lip, eyeing her desk. Well… the human world’s always been good to me. And there’s nothing keeping me here any more.

Basil slid open the draw of her desk, inside the drawer lay a packet of human money, a bus pass and a set or forged human ID papers she had bought on the black market from Rocket. She had always dreamed of escaping Solodin and having a pleasant life in the human world. And now was the perfect time to leave- Basil never had the bravery to do it before, but she finally had enough of her controlling brother and Solodin. Quickly, she stuck the papers in her pocket and grabbed a bag from her walk-in closet. After packing a couple outfits, she tucked a few photographs into the bag along with her mp3 player, her twin daggers, and finally her mother’s emerald circlet as well. There wasn’t any room for anything else in the small bag, but Basil felt like this was enough- she didn’t want to take anything else that reminded her of Solodin. She shouldered the bag, almost ready to leave- except… she felt bad for leaving without telling Arion. Basil took out a piece of paper and wrote out a note for him in her loopy handwriting;

Arion, I really am truly sorry about leaving without saying goodbye. I wish I could stay and tell you this in person, but I think it's better if I get out of Solodin for a while. Don't worry about me, I'm going to stay with some friends. I love you Arion, more than I've ever loved anyone in my whole life. No one will ever replace you in my heart. <3 And I am so sorry I hurt you. I understand if you're still angry and I don't blame you for it. Remember, I promised that I'd always forgive you, no matter what darling. I just hope that you can forgive me for what I've done. Love always, Basil M.

P.s Take it easy on Juniper <3 He and Celeste are adorable together and they honestly love each other

Basil signed the note in her favorite purple ink, then slid it into a lavender colored envelope and attached it to a stack of Knife Party Cds. " I'm sorry Arion... you deserve better than just a note.... but it's the best I can do for now." Holding the stack of cds and the note, Basil opened up her window and started to climb out down the vine covered trellis outside her window- just like she did nearly every night. Effortlessly, she hopped down and began to run as fast as she could towards the training hall, keeping to the back alleyways and shadows to avoid being spotted. Basil knew that Arion would most likely go to the training hall Monday for practice and he could easily find it there.

Juniper

Juniper had been sleeping peacefully, his fingers gently intertwined with Celeste's as they slept. A small smile played on his lips as if he were dreaming about something really pleasant. Exhausted, the young Howler barely stirred as Arion picked up Celeste. His breathing was calm and easy as he slept.

After just a bit, Juniper's eyes fluttered open groggily as he looked over to where Cleste had been sleeping. "Bunny?" He muttered sleepily. Realizing she wasn't there, he sat up and looked around in a panic, " Celeste?" Glancing over at Kyran, he looked a bit relieved. Maybe she's just in the bathroom or the doctors are giving her a check up or something. Kyran will know. But, then he noticed the nurses tears. Fear gripped painfully at his heart, " Kyran, where is she? Is Celeste okay? Did she relapse?" He asked worriedly, gripping the bed sheets tightly, " Please tell me she's okay".
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:49 pm

(Just a side note, Arion's last name is Lindheimer. I liked how it starts with 'L' and matches better than Lancaster X3)

Arion

Arion ran lightly out of the hospital, clutching Celeste's little body close to his chest. The entire way, his eyes stung badly with remorse and what was left of his heart felt like it had calcified within him. I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Can't believe it. he thought dazedly. Within twenty-four hours, I gained and lost not only one person, but two who meant the world to me. Basil loathes me for sure now. She finally saw how rotten I am. And Celeste has fallen for a little, troublesome Howler. He could feel his heart wrenching at the memory of Celeste's head against Juniper's shoulder and the way their fingers had been laced together. Arion had experienced a dark pleasure in taking her away. The thought of being apart from Basil forever made him want to drink poison. How am I ever going to recover from that encounter? Didn't you see the way their eyes flashed? I'm sure I'll be expelled from the Guard... Arion's head pounded wildly with turmoil at the thought. He'd been in the guard ever since he was an awkward, muscular fifteen-year-old, and it had formed a huge part of his teen years. In addition to that, he was easily one of its most valuable, influential members. But all that didn't keep the burning anxiety from whispering in his ear. Arion sprinted to their house, not slowing until it was in sight.

It would be only half-correct to say that the siblings shared a house. Arion and Celeste lived in a cozy and sophisticated Scandinavian-style duplex painted a soft cream color with beige trim. The two halves of the house were very closely conjoined but still retained their individuality. Arion now entered his own house, and laid Celeste down on the low couch. She seemed to be doing even better, which brought him a little spark of relief amidst the pandemonium raging in his poor mind. He began to prepare lunch for her when she woke up, being reminded in the process that he would be forced to abandon work today as well. A hard knot of frustration solidified in his stomach, but he couldn't do anything about it. It's going to be a hard day for all of us.

Suddenly, Arion was aware of something small and crumpled in the pocket of his faded black jeans as he moved about. He irritably jerked it out, then realized that it was Basil's little handkerchief. For several minutes, he stood there in the kitchen and stared at it in his hand, its frail delicacy and the fancy B stitched into one corner seeming like a thing of the past age. He'd soiled it considerably; dried blood stiffened the soft material in its center. Arion finally turned to the sink and began to hand-wash it with soap. How an I going to return it? I don't want to find out what will happen when I show up at a place where I used to be welcome. Arion could deal being sent away by Hawthorne, no matter how painful it might be. But Basil's rejection? Arion never wanted to experience that. He would rather be nailed to a tree trunk with a spear and left to rot.

Kyran

Seeing Juniper's panic, Kyran only felt guiltier. He couldn't stop the hot tears as they spilled over. Sniffling quietly, the male nurse explained, "Arion came and...and took her away. I tr-tried to stop him, but I...couldn't." He looked down dejectedly as he rubbed his face, certain that his new Howler friend now hated him for permitting Arion to leave with Celeste. They were legal siblings, so Arion had every right, but still Kyran knew Juniper loved Celeste fiercely. If only she'd been awake, he thought miserably. Arion would have let her stay. "I'm-I'm sorry, Juniper, buddy" Kyran wept, putting his face in his hands, "I should have - I should have been firmer."
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:00 am

Hawthorne

( Still brooding)

Basil

Basil made it to the training hall without anyone stopping her- in a way it was both exhilarating and terrifying to finally break free from everything. She had a comfortable life in Solodin and she used to sincerely enjoy living there, but things were different now. Basil didn't want to stay here in in the city any more; part of it was her brother, but the truth was that she couldn't bear to face Arion again. She was convinced that Arion hated her for what she had said, and if he didn't already hate her, she knew he would if he really got to know her. How could Arion ever love someone like me? I'm a freak- just look at me, I'm not even a proper Quell. Arion doesn't deserve a pathetic, broken person like me. Heck, I can't even cook a decent lunch for myself. She thought sadly, her hand going up to brush her bangs more over her eyes. This is all for the best. Arion'll fall in love with some fabulously talented, beautiful girl someday and he'll be happy with her. He doesn't need someone like me- I'm too much of a hassle Basil's heart couldn't take being rejected by Arion; in her eyes it was far easier to leave Solodin than have her heartbroken by someone she loved so dearly.

Pushing open the doors to the training room, Basil glanced around quickly to be sure she wasn't followed. She half expected to see Hawthorne standing there, ready to drag her back home and give her the lecture to end all lectures. In her mind's eyes she could see him there with his hands on his hips and that stupid smug look he got on his face when he won an argument. Basil's jaw clenched in determination, " All the more reason to get out of here. I won't have to put up with four hour long lectures about why humans are dangerous. " Shouldering her bag, Basil strode into the training hall with her head down as usual. She quietly went over to some of the Guard members hanging around the front and asked one of them to give the note and Cds to Arion whenever he stopped by. After dropping off the things, she walked back out of the training hall and headed for the entrance of Solodin, still keeping to the back alleyways so she wouldn't get caught. Basil snuck out of the entrance without looking back, jogging out into the forest. " It's all for the best, it's all for the best. Arion'll be happier without out you. You'd only hold him back" She murmured to herself repeatedly as she ran harder towards the human city. Still, Basil couldn't hold back the hot tears rolling down her cheeks- though it didn't matter, there wasn't any one to hear her soft sobs in the middle of the forest.

Juniper

Juniper wasn't sure if he was comforted or more distressed that Celeste was with Arion. Sure, Arion hated him, but he knew that Arion cared deeply for his sister so Juniper knew that she was safe. But, the Howler boy's heart felt as if it would shatter into a million pieces. Now he'd never get to see Celeste again; Juniper hadn't even gotten the chance to tell her goodbye. Feeling tears spring up in his eyes, he looked over at Kyran sorrowfully," Nah, it wasn't your fault Kyran... ". Juniper mustered up a small smile and leaned over to give his new friend a comforting hug, " Hey, don't worry buddy, it'll be okay". He knew that Arion didn't like him, but Juniper wasn't going to let that stop him from being with his beloved Celeste. His devoted love for her was stronger than any fear that he had for Arion's wrath. Juniper pushed himself up with his good arm, trying to shake off his exhaustion and weakness. He threw his legs over the side of the bed and attempted to stand; this time he remained upright, though he was a wobbly and leaned on the bed for support. " I have to see her again..." Juniper said, though he didn't know how he was going to do it without angering Arion.

(( ^^; Sorry about that! I'll fix it a few replies back. :D I like the name too ))
Last edited by rubyrocketboots13 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:58 am

Arion

After stripping off his bandages, Arion draped the little handkerchief over the dish rack and tried unsuccessfully to focus himself on making lunch before Celeste woke up. His hands moved as if by a mind of their own, accustomed to doing something they knew so well as they started on making one of Celeste's favorite meals. They left him to break painfully down over the past few hours. Normally, onions never made him cry.

Well, it's better this way, isn't it? I was never meant to be with someone as wonderful as Basil. He told himself sternly, The dream's ended and we're back to reality. Truthfully, it was more of a nightmare. Meeting Basil was like using a weapon or elegant tool of the finest quality for the first time. (Not that Arion viewed her as an object in any way; he was an avid feminist thanks to Celeste and his female coworkers.) You never knew you needed it in your life till now, and you could not function without it. Arion couldn't imagine ploughing through each day without ever seeing her again, or knowing she didn't want to see him. She certainly doesn't want to even look at me anymore...and that wasn't even the worst of my temper. His knife slipped on the smooth surface of the onion and drove itself into his index finger. He barely felt it through his mental pain until he noticed the cutting board stained red. Suddenly gripped by an uncontrollable frenzy, he threw the kitchen knife with deadly accuracy into the middle of a cupboard door, onion bits flying everywhere. The cups and bowls within rattled loudly as the knife smashed through the wood. Arion exhaled angrily, then stared at his now even bloodier hands. What's happening to me?

Celeste

Celeste's eyes fluttered open at the sound of the crash, then looked around, perplexed. First she passed out at the Howler village, then woke up in the hospital. She'd fallen asleep there and now she woke up in...Arion's house? Had she been using her teleportation magic in her sleep? No, Arion was there doing something stupid in the kitchen. What day was it? Seized with apprehension, she looked around for Juniper. What...where is he?! she sat up so fast her head spun dizzily and her stomach screamed in pain. "Arion! Where-where's Juniper?" She cried, trying to support herself on the arm of the sofa.

He rushed over, shaken out of his daze. Arion clutched a red-stained towel between his hands, looking absolutely crushed by grief. Avoiding her question, he sat down next to her. "It's good to see you doing better, Catnip." Celeste leaned her head on Arion's chest, "Why did you do this? Did you kill him already?" "...No."

Kyran

Kyran sniffled again, but was somewhat comforted by Juniper's hug. "I'm so sorry..." he murmured again. For everything. For being such a weakling. For not standing up to Arion. For letting you wake up without her by your side. He helped Juniper stand, his face suddenly emotionless. "Let's go find them." Kyran knew it was ridiculous; he was supposed to remain at the hospital and neither of them had any idea where Arion or Celeste lived. But now, he didn't care. The Quell boy was willing to put his friend in front of his job. "Are you feeling alright?"
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:38 am

Basil

Basil didn't bother trying to hide her soft sobs as she ran through the forest. She knew the way to the human city by heart- it seemed her feet knew exactly where to go even though she was barely paying any attention to where she was going. Truthfully, the green-haired Quell felt completely numb. All she knew was that she had to put Solodin as far behind her as she could. Forgetting about everything that had happened was the only reasonable answer Basil could come up with in her distraught state- but even she knew that she'd never forget Arion. No matter what happened, Arion would always have a special place in her heart. Without a doubt, meeting him had been the best moment in Basil's entire life.

Basil found herself thinking about Arion the entire time she jogged into the human city. Her heart ached to know that they wouldn't ever see each other again- even if she turned back now and ran home, Hawthorne wouldn't let her be with Arion. Why can't I get him out of my head? She thought miserably, Part of me wishes we never met in the first place... then neither of us would have been hurt. She glanced back at the forest one last time before stepping into the pavement of the human city, " It's too late to go back now..." Basil gave a soft sigh before continuing deeper into the city- only slowing down to slip her headphones on in hopes of getting lost in EDM and classic rock. Finally, she came to her friend Callie's house and knocked on the door. A tough looking human girl with two electric blue braids opened the door, " Basil...?" Callie asked, immediately knowing something was terribly wrong. She ushered Basil in and sat her on the couch, " Girl, tell me everything . Who do I need to beat to a pulp?" She asked. Basil gave a teary laugh, " No, no it's nothing like that." The two girls sat and talked as Basil explained what had happened. Callie was more than happy to let Basil stay with her for as long as she needed to, though she advised her to sleep on it before making such a big decision like moving to " the human world". Callie and Basil had been friends for a long time, so Callie had a feeling that all Basil was some time to calm down and think things over for a while.

" I'm gonna go whip up a couple sandwiches, kay? Is ham okay with you?" Callie asked, standing up. Basil nodded quietly, mustering up a small smile, " Yeah, thanks Callie, you're a lifesaver." The blue-haired girl gave her a playful nudge, " Nah, this is what best friends do!" Callie walked out to the kitchen, still chatting, " So, this guy Arion seems like a real dreamboat. Is he cute?" She teased her lightly, though she was surprised as she didn't hear a reply. "Basil?" Callie poked her head out of the kitchen and nearly laughed as she spotted Basil asleep on the couch. " Girl, you're a mess." She said fondly, giving a warm chuckle.

Juniper

Juniper was mildly surprised that Kyran wanted to help him find Celeste, but he was grateful to have a friend by his side. “Thanks mate.” He said appreciatively, a small smile crossing his face. Juniper nodded at his question. “I’m just peachy… though I’ll feel a lot better once we find Celeste” Without question, he felt much better than he had the night before. The color had returned to his face and it seemed the healing potion had already mended the deep wound on his shoulder. With a bit of rest, Juniper would no doubt be completely back to his normal, cheery self.

Pushing past his weariness, the Howler stretched a bit to see if he could move his shoulder yet. To his surprise, it didn’t even ache any more. “Whoa…. this healing magic is powerful stuff” He remarked. Quell magic always fascinated him, but he wasn’t going to ask Kyran about how it worked at the moment; his main focus was on finding Celeste. Juniper had no idea where she lived or where Arion had taken her, but he did have his powerful Howler senses. With his powerful nose, he could easily track down nearly anyone.

Juniper shifted into his hyena form easily, this time he didn’t have any trouble with controlling his “wilder” side. The little hyena lifted his muzzle in the air, hoping to find Celeste’s scent. The foreign smells of the hospital flooded his sensitive nose; the mingling scents of all the Quell that had been in the room, the sharp smell of antiseptic and a metallic scent of blood made it difficult to find Celeste’s but, she and Arion’s scents were still very strong. Bingo! I can track them with this, it shouldn’t be too hard to follow their trail. Though… is that blood and… a hint of smoke? It smells like Arion was burning something. Whatever, that’ll just make it easier to find him! Juniper’s ears perked up happily as he looked up at Kyran. The little hyena lightly pawed at his shoe, then headed for the door in hopes that Kyran would understand and follow.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Arion

Celeste

Arion held Celeste closely, ignoring his hands as they stung and bled into the towel. Celeste was too distraught to ask him what the hell he had been doing. She quickly cleared her mind, but was still upset that Arion had left Juniper behind. However, she knew her worry was nothing compared to what had happened to Arion. In all of their years together, she'd never seen anything like the hopeless, heartbroken look on his stony face. "Arion, tell me everything," she said now, looking up at him.

He looked trustingly at her and began to tell everything that had happened to him ever since she had left for the library yesterday afternoon. Arion did not leave out a single iota of detail. He told how he and Basil had gone out for coffee and got to know each other a little. How he had walked her home to a very grumpy Hawthorne and finally confessed their love to each other (this made Celeste smile despite Arion's grieved expression). How they had gone up to the Howler village because of his feeling of danger to her (this both surprised and pleased her.) And finally, how they'd all wound up in the hospital and Arion had given away some of his blood to her. He ended with his departure from the Maonaigh mansion to the hospital to pick her up, not omiting anything from the sharp exchange with Hawthorne and Basil. Then Arion fell silent and looked away, looking even more pained.

"Don't be so sad. Wait for a little, and give both of them time to cool off. You can use that handkerchief as a way of seeing her again by returning it," Celeste suggested softly, patting her older brother's head in only a way she could do. She was borderline afraid that merely saying Basil's name would affect Arion in a totally unpredictable way. "I know you really love her. I can see it clearly." She left out how she thought the two of them were absolutely adorable together; that was so cliché. There only was a very slim chance that Arion could be with his precious Basil now. He made no reply, just sat quietly there with her. After several minutes, Arion finally said in a numb monotone, "It's your turn to tell me what happened to you." Celeste returned his story with a full account of her meeting of Juniper and everything that had happened in the village as she cradled his head to comfort him. Arion knew she wasn't sugarcoating anything. After listening intently to all she said, he got back up to finish making lunch, though he would have loved to just sit there with his beloved sister. Celeste was left to mull over Arion's unfortunate story.

My poor boy...so much as already happened to him. I don't even know how he's still fighting through everyday life. And now his very first love has turned sour like this? I'll have to care for him, show him that he hasn't been totally wronged. He's done things like cutting himself, before, Celeste glanced worriedly in Arion's direction, sadly noting how crushed he looked as he languidly continued to prepare their midday meal. But Basil is a sweet soul. I'm sure they can make up. Celeste was still wearing her simple white hospital gown. She slipped her hand behind it and lightly fingered the skin on her back. Purple magic would never cease to fill her with amazement; she only felt raised slashes of skin under her fingertips. They didn't even hurt too much anymore. With luck, she could still practice that extremely bendy back walkover. Maybe after we eat I can sneak off to find Juniper very quickly. Wouldn't it be funny if I found him back in the library where we met? she thought with a hint of amusement, though it was obviously very unlikely. Celeste was trying hard to stay optimistic - she could only imagine Juniper's anguish when he woke up to find the hospital bed empty.

Kyran

"Okay good. We have to be quick then," Kyran said, as if Arion was going to take Celeste far away somewhere. The nurse was visibly enlivened as he noted Juniper's much improved condition with great satisfaction. Kyran beamed, "Yeah I know! Purple magic is probably the best there is," he said reverently. The Quell boy wasn't a user of purple magic, but he'd proved to be a pretty effective nurse.

Kyran squealed some more and danced with ecstasy as Juniper shifted into his adorable Howler form. He seemed to have momentarily forgotten their mission. Kyran wasn't a warrior; he'd never seen a Howler shift before until very recently when the other race became more common in Solodin. To him, transforming was a greatly fascinating phenomenon. Besides, Juniper was too cute. He beamed delightedly like a child as Juniper pawed at his shoe, wanting so badly to pick the little hyena up. But Juniper was the leader and Kyran had to follow, and he couldn't do that by carrying him. The male nurse pushed open the door, still grinning widely. "Where next, puppy?"
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me