1X1 with arvanien

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1X1 with arvanien

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:40 pm

Basil

" Oh" Basil said, nearly smacking herself in the forehead, " Of course he needs to know about what happened. " She had been so worried about Arion and herself getting into trouble with Hawthorne that she had almost forgotten about last night. Basil's free hand went to har babgs as she thought over what might have happened. " If Howlers are randomly attacking Quell, then that's obviously against our peace treaty." She said thoughtfully; being both a noblewoman and Hawthorne's sister, Basil knew Quell laws and regulations better than pretty much anyone else in Solodin. "Then again, if the Howlers were threatened, then they had all the rights to defend themselves. But, I doubt that Celeste would go to the Howler village just to threaten someone. Forgive me, but that's a bit stupid and I know Celeste wouldn't do anything like that" She reasoned, " And, how does Juniper play into things? Why would the Howlers attack one of their own? It just doesn't make sense." Basil shrugged, looking up at Arion, " Obviously some sort of fight broke out, that much is for sure. But, maybe once Celeste and Juniper feel better we can ask what happened. Maybe it was all some big misunderstanding." It was a slightly naive, but Basil was very trusting of people; it made sense that she thought that there was a possibility it had all been a misunderstanding.

Basil gave a slight nod in agreement" Yeah... maybe that would be best." She agreed, " He's not the easiest to talk to when he's mad. Though I know he'll want to look into this" Still, she didn't want Arion to have to face an angry Hawthorne. He'll be mad enough that I stayed out all night with a guy I just met. Now he has to worry about rouge Howlers? Though, her stomach twisted in knots at a second though thought, I stayed out all night with a guy I just met and I followed him to the Howler village. Hawthorne is going to kill both of us. Basil chewed her lip, looking up at Arion worriedly. " Arion... please don't tell Hawthorne I followed you out last night if we do find him. My brother can't know I left Solodin last night. The last time he caught me sneaking out alone, he wouldn't let me out of his sight for weeks." She looked almost afraid for a second as she peered up at him, waiting for his answer. Basil snuck out every weekend to the human world to play roller derby or just hang out with her human friends- it was the only real "freedom" she had because it was kept secret from her watchful brother. If Hawthorne found out that she had snuck out then she would be forced to stop going for a while at least. Though Basil loved the city, she didn't want to be trapped there.

Juniper

Juniper smiled softly at Celeste as she rested her head against his shoulder. He thought that she was impossibly cute, even when she slept. Very gently, he affectionately brushed a lock of her cotton-candy colored hair from her face. I promise I'm gonna take care of you from now on, Celeste Juniper gave a soft yawn, making him realizing how tired he was now that things had calmed down a bit. Though he was still a bit weak, the Howler was doing much better than he had before. His shoulder didn't ache badly and the tea had taken care of the poison in his bloodstream. After getting some sleep, Juniper would most likely be back to his usual perky self. Resting his head back, he felt himself relaxing a bit and soon he drifted off into a peaceful sleep.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Arion

Arion nodded, "Hawthorne is capable of handling these kinds of situations. Like talking to Lyra." He said, unable to keep the disgust out of his voice. More than likely, she must have been the one who was behind last night's events. "It is strange that this Juniper was hurt as well. That doesn't make sense either. Once Celeste gets her rest, she's going to have to tell me everything." Arion stared ahead, biting his lip absentmindedly. "Catnip - I mean, Celeste, doesn't have any grudges against any Howlers, that I know of. She was so happy when peace was established. And she never treats the Howlers at the training center as inferior in any way." He said, trying to think clearly. "But Celeste and Juniper can tell their own story."

"You're absolutely right. But I've done it before and I can do it again if necessary," Arion said resignedly. He'd have to hold back his own temper, though. That was one thing he still wasn't good at. He looked down at Basil in mild surprise at her request. The way she looked so afraid made him feel even more sorry for her. "Don't worry, of course I won't," he reassured her. "But what will you say when he asks you where you've been?" Arion was pretty worried now; he knew how austere Hawthorne was. If she gets into trouble with him, it's going to be my fault. he thought bitterly.

Celeste

Celeste dreamed peacefully about Juniper, nested comfortably against him. Kyran was dying to take a picture of them since they were so cute, but he wondered if it would be inappropriate since he didn't have consent. He shrugged it off before taking another quick photo. Aww, I love them soooo much! Hopefully Arion will too. Kyran sighed at the thought. The Quell nurse drew the blanket more warmly over both of them, then he wearily sat back down. He was tired, but knew better than taking even a quick nap on the job.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Basil

Frowning a bit, Basil gave a slight nod as she listened to Arion. None of this made any sense at all; why would Lyra just randomly attack Celeste and Juniper? Quell were technically allowed in Howler territory as far as she knew. If the Howlers were breaking the peace treaty, would the two races go into war again? Basil certainly hoped not... the very idea of all the fighting starting again made her shudder a bit. But, the war starting again was a bit far fetched- as far as they knew, the Howlers could have been perfectly justified attacking the couple. ( Though Basil wasn't going to mention that to Arion. She fully trusted that Celeste and Juniper were innocent) But hopefully, they would get answers from the couple once they were rested and things could be straightened out.

Basil gave a soft sigh as she looked back at the cobblestone streets. " I suppose you're right...." She did know that Hawthorne and Arion had been friends for a long time and she also knew that they had argued before. Both young men were very stubborn and could have nasty tempers. Hawthorne was usually very good about controlling his temper- unless he felt his city or his sister was in danger. Then he could be rather... destructive. Basil tugged at her bangs worriedly, not wanting to look up at Arion. " I don't know what I'm going to tell him. I guess I'll have to make something up" She hated having to lie to her brother, but it was better this way... right? Hawthorne would be angry enough that Basil had been out all night, but at least he would be more mad at her than he would be at Arion. Looking up at him, she gave a small smile, " I'm sure it'll all be okay. " She gave his hand a gentle squeeze, falling quiet.

Juniper

( Idk what to post for Juniper rn ^^; Maybe we can post for them when they wake up later? )
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:43 am

Arion

Arion involuntarily glanced in the direction of The Teakeeper, though it wasn't visible from here. His mind was a mess; he didn't know what to make of the situation. He knew that he didn't have enough information to analyze it, though. Either Celeste and Juniper did something atrocious to be attacked like that, or the Howlers were breaking the peace treaty. Both scenarios were equally horrible to him. I don't rule over Celeste, but from now on she needs to tell me if she's going out of Solodin. Arion rubbed tiredly at his eyes, wishing he could freeze time and pass out for a day.

"Yeah. It's going to be fine." Arion nodded quietly as they entered Basil's neighborhood. He was more worried about Basil than himself, to be honest. No one ruled over Arion, and obviously Hawthorne didn't. Basil, however, could be punished by Hawthorne because of Arion. And that wouldn't be just.

Celeste

(That sounds good! Keeping the time even with all the characters is a little tricky but sure ^^)
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:47 am

Basil

Basil mustered up a small smile, giving Arion’s hand a gentle squeeze in reassurance. “ I know it'll all be okay. I know Hawthorne can be grumpy, but he’s not a bad guy really.” She said. Even if Hawthorne seemed a little harsh, he honestly wanted the best for the people he cared about. It was his job to protect his sister and all the people living in Solodin- he was doing it the best way he knew how.

Glancing over at the lavish houses, she knew they were getting closer to the Monatigh mansion. Basil’s stomach twisted into knots at the thought of facing Hawthorne. Maybe he’s not home- maybe he decided to stay late after training She thought, though she had a feeling she was wrong. As Arion and she walked closer to the cheerful yellow painted house, Basil sorely wished that they could turn back and forget about this; maybe they could just slip away for awhile. But, even she realized that it was impossible. She couldn’t keep Arion and Hawthorne apart forever. Basil gave a soft sigh as they walked up to the mansion’s sprawling lawn. “ Looks like Hawthorne found my flowers….” She said, tugging on her bangs worriedly. The gardens had been precisely trimmed back as if nothing had happened the night before. Great, just another thing I’ll have to lie about… Basil thought, grimacing

( Coolio ^ ^ And Yeah it is a little tricky lol )
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:05 am

Arion

He nodded. "Yeah, I know. Hawthorne's one of the few people I trust completely." Arion smiled back at Basil, relieved by seeing her smile again, even if it was just a small one. He knew Hawthorne was harsh partly because of his earlier life - he did become the captain of the Quell guard at a very young age, something not every young man accomplished. Plus, he basically raised his younger sister. Poor Basil seemed so anguished at having to face Hawthorne after being out all night. He felt somewhat sorry for her in that sense. Arion's relationship with Celeste was not the same as Hawthorne's with Basil, so he couldn't relate to having almost parental authority over a sibling only a few years younger, or the other way around. (Though, Celeste did have a bit of a hold over her unruly older brother.)

Arion glanced at the flawless lawn. He'd seen it hundreds of times, and it always remained constantly immaculate. And so it was today. "Hey, it could've been your gardener." He shrugged lightly, walking to the front door with Basil. Suddenly annoyed, he unbuckled his sword from his belt and slung it over his back. It wasn't comfortable hanging at his side, and he'd been too distracted to notice it. Arion rang the doorbell, then waited impatiently.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:49 am

Hawthorne

Basil

Basil gave a slight nod in agreement, " Maybe" She hoped Arion was right about the gardener finding the flowers instead of Hawthorne. The last thing she wanted to do was lie to her brother more than she already had. Basil hesitantly followed Arion up to the beautiful oak french doors of the mansion. It was obvious that she didn't really want to go home, but she know she couldn't "hide" from her brother. Still, she flinched as Arion knocked loudly on the door.

Hawthorne and Basil's butler, a dark blue-haired Quell, opened the door. " Ah, Miss Basil and Mr. Arion, it's good to see you both alive and well." The butler said, cracking a friendly smile, " I believe the Captain is looking for both of you." He opened the doors so that they could come into the foyer. Basil looked visibly relieved that Hawthorne had been the one to open the door. " Is my brother home? " She asked. The butler nodded, " Yes ma'am, he just came back from the training hall a few minutes ago. You'll most likely find the captain in his office- I believe he mentioned something about tracking you two down. Would you like me to tell him that you're both here?" Basil shook her head, " No thank you, I'd rather see him myself"

Grumbling under his breath, Hawthorne hurried around his office as he gathered up a satchel that had some things like first aid supplies in it and of course his trusty longsword. He didn't know what had happened to Arion and Basil, but he wanted to be ready for anything. Hawthorne had been worried sick about his sister- all morning he had been terrified that something had happened to her. Truthfully, he had been debating whether or not to send out a search party for her and Arion, but he had decided to look for them himself instead.

Hawthorne had been worried when he found that Basil hadn't went to bed all night and when he had discovered her flower "explosion" outside. He knew she had trouble with her nature magic- her plant control only seemed to work when she was flustered or upset or something like that. But, what had really worried him was when Arion hadn't shown up for training at dawn- Hawthorne wasn't sure the last time he remembered Arion missing a day of training. He knew something was wrong and somehow his sister was mixed up in it. His paranoia made him terrified that something had happened to her last night, though that didn't make him any less angry at both Arion and Basil. Basil knows better than to leave Solodin in the middle of the night. If something's happened to her, I swear I'll have Arion's head for it
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Arion

Arion politely greeted the butler back. He hated it when people called him "Mr. Arion" but he couldn't care less about it now. He was dying to face Hawthorne. Tracking us down? he scowled silently, fidgeting with his bandages. There were fresh red stains on them; the half-healed skin on his knuckles had split painfully again. God almighty, we haven't been gone that long! ...never mind.

He marched to Hawthorne's office, inadvertently staying a few steps ahead of Basil with his long-legged walk. Arion was already upset over missing training this morning; it was as important to him as a good dose of caffeine. His expression was as blank as a sheet of paper as he pounded on the office door, not wincing as his hands stung.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Hawthorne

Basil

Basil bit her lip in worry, peering up at Arion worriedly. She had noticed his scowl and the way he fidgeted with the bandages on his hands. Is that blood on his hands? Hesitantly, she put her hand on the inside of Arion's elbow again, even more worried about him. Basil couldn't help but be a little fearful as Arion pounded on the office door. Please don't let him be in his office. She silently begged.

Hawthorne looked up as he heard Arion banging on the door. He didn't even so much as flinch, instead he let out a frustrated growl. " I don't have time for this" He muttered under his breath. Hawthorne strode over to the office door in two long strides and ripped open the door. " What is it?" He demanded, but his expression turned murderous as he saw who had been knocking. Arion He looked down, spotting his sister with her hand on his arm. Somehow he looked both relieved and angry at the same time. " Where the bloody underworld have you two been? You both look half dead" He demanded, looking as if he were going to strangle both of them. " He glared at Basil accusingly, talking more to her than Arion, " Do you have any idea how worried I was? You've got a lot of explaining to do young lady." He rubbed his temples in frustration, reminding himself to keep his temper under control. His expression softened just a bit as he looked at his sister, " Look, go get your self cleaned up and get some rest, okay? You look like you need it. Later, you can explain what happened last night." He scowled at Arion, anger flashing in his eyes. Hawthorne knew he didn't have any real power over Arion, but that didn't seem to stop him from speaking harshly to him. "

Basil swallowed hard as her brother spoke, her gaze resting on the ground in front of her. Her hair his her expression, but she looked as if she were going to cry, but out of anger and not sadness. I'm eighteen.... I can handle myself... what right does my brother have to push me around? Basil wanted to protest but, once again she couldn't find it in her to argue with Hawthorne. Quietly, she slipped her hand from Arion's arm, not looking up at him or her brother.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Arion

Arion felt a little twinge in his chest as Basil put her hand on the inside of his elbow. Not intimidated in the least, he met Hawthorne's murderous expression with a cold glare. It made him look almost undead, thanks to the dark circles carved under his still-bloodshot eyes and the pure exhaustion written all over his face. "I don't have all the details, but Celeste was attacked in the Howler village last night. Had to go up there get her out. She nearly died this morning." He said roughly, obviously still not having gotten over it. His voice was sharper than a razor blade. Maybe it was the the sleep deprivation, but Hawthorne's manner of talking harshly made him so much more angry than usual. Arion was suddenly overcome with a burning desire to get his hands on something and smash it; it clearly showed on his face. No. I can't lose control now. he gritted his teeth, burning with barely controlled rage.

He blinked rapidly, forcing himself to stay cool and alert. Hell, when was the last time I slept? He dismissed the thought and made himself focus. "Basil didn't have anything to do with it." Arion blinked again, looking as if his brain was being microwaved. He found it getting harder and harder to focus, but remained unfazed by Hawthorne's anger.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me