Hitting Home {Lotus and flutterby}

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Hitting Home {Lotus and flutterby}

Postby ~Lotus~ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:11 am

The Second World War

America was brought into the war because of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Many young men are piling up at army recruiting stations, but what happens to those women they left behind? This is the story of Lottie and her struggle through life during this hard period of time.

Lottie

James MacArthur
-The one who enlists

Henry Marks
-Rejected because he needs glasses
~Lotus~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hitting Home {Lotus and flutterby}

Postby flutterby. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:27 am

❀ -Would you like to start?- ❀

Hello! I haven't been on here in a loooooong time, so my trading skills are pretty poor. Don't try to scam me, I've been here two years (nearly), so I know a little.

My roleplay policies: I will post on each roleplay a maximum of 6 posts each day, and a minimum of 3 posts each week. These posts will be a minimum of three lines long, with good grammar. My average post is about 150 words, so that's about 10 sentences. If you have written more than I am used to, I will spend time writing more. If it takes a long time, feel free to PM me, but it will probably be a combination of writer's block and too much writing.

Keeping track...
flutterby.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Lotus~ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:27 am

It was all over the papers and the streets.... Japan had brought us into the war and now the men had been called to arms by their nation. James didn't really want to go off to war but with all the drafts they were starting to conduct meant that he could be forced to go off to war sometime in the next few years. James wasn't ready he couldn't bare to leave his Lottie... If this country hadn't been dragged into war he would have asked her to marry him... He picked up a small cloth bag and emptied the contents into his palm. It was a little gold ring that he had been saving up for even since they met. He knew that she was going to be the only person for him and he wanted to share his life with Lottie until the day he died. James closed his hand over the ring squeezing it then slumping to the floor with his forehead resting on his hands. "What do I do?"

((If I recall girlfriends didn't live with their boyfriends in this time period))

James' mother and father died by a car accident just last year and the only way he was able to get through it was his dead Lottie. It was him all alone in a big house that felt so empty, so bare and he couldn't picture the days when this house was full of life. Everything seemed dimmer because of the war and it wasn't just his interest or that all his friends were already in lines as he sat against the wall.... It was that there was a sense of duty and am I not a real man until I step up for my country? This was just news on the radio until yesterday... Yesterday everyone was in such a panic because of the bombing. Should I fight? Should I fight for her? Will she even let me?

{Sorry for the short post, not much to say until your post. So :] May I ask why you are interested in historical roleplays? }
~Lotus~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flutterby. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:11 am

❀ (If I use the flowers, it's OOC...) I'm doing GCSE History, and I've always been interested in history. Just now, I want to live it, if that makes any sense. ❀

Lottie was sitting on a chair in her room. She'd been sat there almost since the announcement was played on the wireless the previous day. War? She had no clue what war meant. Well, she knew what it literally meant, but not what it meant. The death, the horrors, the bombs. Her father had fought in the Great War, but he never spoke of the scarring time he spent in France. The horrors that would hit in the future seemed almost irrelevant - what mattered most at the present was James. James, her James, fighting? The very idea of the gentle man with a gun seemed preposterous at the very least. She needed to see him, and ask what on earth he was going to do.

The only way of reaching James was her telephone, as they lived about a mile away. She didn't want to turn up, unannounced, if he wasn't there. Calling in advance seemed perfectly reasonable. Lottie stood from her almost comfortable - it was at least as old as her, so the comfort was wearing - chair and strode quietly on tip-toes down the stairs. She typed in the telephone number that seemed imprinted on her eyelids and waited for James to pick up.

Hello! I haven't been on here in a loooooong time, so my trading skills are pretty poor. Don't try to scam me, I've been here two years (nearly), so I know a little.

My roleplay policies: I will post on each roleplay a maximum of 6 posts each day, and a minimum of 3 posts each week. These posts will be a minimum of three lines long, with good grammar. My average post is about 150 words, so that's about 10 sentences. If you have written more than I am used to, I will spend time writing more. If it takes a long time, feel free to PM me, but it will probably be a combination of writer's block and too much writing.

Keeping track...
flutterby.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Lotus~ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:49 am

Just when he needed to have some time to himself the phone started wringing. "Dammit, can't I have some personal time?", he announced in frustration. James got up from off the floor and walked through the halls to find the telephone. The ring was still clutched tightly in his right hand as he had just a few moments of hesitation. One ring, two ring, three, four if James didn't pick it up at that second it would be a lost call. His hand picked up the phone. Again he waited a few seconds to speak. "Um, whoever this is, it isn't a good time right now so if you could call me back later that would be just great..." He didn't want to hang up the phone before at least seeing who was calling. James looked down and played with the ring in his hand while he was thinking about Lottie.

((Another small fail post sorry >> once there is dialogue it will be much more 3-5 paragraphs
~Lotus~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flutterby. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:03 am

"Oh, James, it's Lottie. I'll call back later if need be. I heard about the war yesterday, and I just need to see you. But, if you'd prefer me to stay here, I won't ask for you to come and get me." Lottie was rather taken aback by James' tone. It wasn't that often that he was stressed, or at least, not that she knew of. She desperately needed to see him, it wasn't just an excuse. If the war was real, which she knew it definitely was, then she needed to make plans, plans involving James.

(Short, rubbish post, but I'm on my phone and I'm tired XD)

Keeping track...
flutterby.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Lotus~ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:53 pm

He felt like a total idiot after yelling at Lottie, she did nothing wrong nor knew what was going on. Lottie must have been as worried about the war as the rest of the world and he needed to make sure that she was first and foremost alright. "Oh, Lottie I didn't know it was you..." James felt so embarrassed that he almost dropped the ring right out of his fingers. The chair next to the phone was now occupied by a half dressed young man with too much on his mind. I have to get myself together. "I didn't meant that...I'm sorry I thought you were my uncle Benjamin again trying to get me to enlist by choice." He sucked a large breath of air in through his mouth and then let it out slowly through his nose. "Did you see the papers? Have you been listening to the news? Lottie I just don't know what to do!" James' breath started to get faster and he knew he had to calm down. His nails had dug into his hand and slowly started to bleed. "Lottie, I need to see you. I'll come and get you.... I will be there as fast as I can." James grabbed the ring and stuffed it into to the small bag.

With that James slammed down the phone, ran to his room and almost ripped the door off of his small closet. He trifled through his piles of clothes and finally discovered a nice pair of shoes. He threw the shoes on the bed and started looking around for a clean shirt and a tie that didn't look to tacky. Red one...Yes, James thought as he reached for his formal suit. "I will do this." His pants, then his dress shirt, next his jacket, then the socks, and last the shoes. Keys... he tried to imagine the last time he had them but it was all a blur. James walked over to the door and checked the side table. Thank God... He grabbed his fedora off of the wooden hook and dashed out the door without bothering to lock it. Why would someone lock their doors in this fine country? It was 1941 and nobody was interested in stealing anything as far as he knew. The door to his car and started the ignition. Off he went zipping down the road with the little circle that would possibly change his life and the life of his love.

((Hmm.. Interesting I could never reply on my phone >> it would be too aggravating))
~Lotus~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flutterby. » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:24 am

Lottie smiled as James apologised and also after he assured her that he was coming over. She hung the phone up and ran up the stairs to make herself look… Vaguely attractive. After sitting on a chair by herself for nearly 24 hours, Lottie wasn’t looking nor feeling very pretty. She brushed out her hair and pulled it up into her usual bun before putting on a layer of lipstick, a red that James had complimented her on last time she wore it. This made her feel a lot more ‘acceptable’, even if she didn’t look so different. She brushed her periwinkle blue dress off, removing any dust that had found its way onto the fabric and made her way downstairs to wait for her love.

“Come on, James…” She whispered the three words over and over again until she saw the dot of green and heard the rumble that she’d come to associate with James’ car. One advantage to living further out of the town was that you could see for miles, but a disadvantage was the fact that once you saw something, it took ages for it to reach you. Lottie used the time she had to brush back any loose bits of hair that had escaped her pins. She breathed in and out deeply, wondering mentally if this would be the last time she’d see James.

Keeping track...
flutterby.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Lotus~ » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:47 am

James did a horrid job of parallel parking his car because of his excitement. He leaped out of the car and started to run at full speed towards her house. The wind felt nice and the adrenaline pumping through his system made everything seem to kick into overdrive. A strong gust of wind had claimed James' hate but he just kept on moving. Who cares about a silly hat, I can always get another one. A giant smile came across his face as he saw her house. The typical one story two bed two bath looked even more inviting than ever. On the porch sat that white bench he had always hated but now he saw it differently. James had started to see everything differently after his rash decision to propose. I don't need anyone else's approval than my dearest Lottie's. The eager James stopped for a second before knocking on the door to catch his breath and straighten himself up. Females generally didn't like it when their partner looked like a mess.

This was it, this was the moment he had been waiting for all his life. Well, not all his life but for the entire time he had been with her. She was the only thing that kept him from going insane, the only one who he felt like understood him and the one who he was about to risk rejection for. James reached to his coat pocket to take out the bag with the ring. I can do this... She loves me... She can't turn me down.. Oh what if she does? What if she says no? What will I do without my angel? Stop, this isn't helping matters at all. Just knock on the door. Have you forgotten how to use your hands? Extend your arm.. James listened to his own instructions and extended his arm so it reached just before the door. Now curl your hand into a fist and hit it on the door three times. He felt like this was something not natural the nerves were getting the best of him. Fist.. Knock.., and so he did. Once, twice, a third and a fourth time -just to be a pill- then stepped back and waited. His hear raced about a million times a minute and the blood was rushing to James' head making his face turn a bit red.

((X3 Kinda feel bad that shes gunna start liking another dude later on haha but that is all the fun of this rp))
~Lotus~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flutterby. » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:24 am

Lottie heard the door knocks – 4 times? Since when did he knock four times? She was smiling uncontrollably now he was here, it was so different to what she had felt a few mere seconds ago. In an attempt to control her excitement, she breathed deeply several times before walking – or rather, skipping – over to the door. Another few deep breaths, but the smile was still firmly fixed in place. It was definite – if she wasn’t going to see him for months, she’d make the most of the time they spent together today. Finally, Lottie opened the door to James.

((Sorry for the short post, I couldn't think...))

Keeping track...
flutterby.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me