Rules for Images and Text Posts in the Roleplay Boards
The power of written roleplay is that you are only limited by your imagination. This is what makes roleplay so interactive and unpredictable. We don't believe you should rely heavily on drawings and photos to define your characters or setting. Heavy use of images has made the roleplay boards difficult to manage in the past, so we have limited the number of images you can use.Appropriate Images
Like the rest of the site, all content should be child-friendly. If you're using images for your roleplays they need to follow these rules:
Character Reference sheets
- If using drawings: do not steal random art you find online - only use art which was drawn by you or for you unless it is something widely distributed for free fan-use from famous books, movies, or TV shows, such as official images from My Little Pony, Pokemon etc.
- No images showing excessive blood/gore/horrific injury or animal cruelty
Roleplay Description Pages
- You may only post one reference picture per character, unless they are a shape-shifter and then you can add one picture per species/form. If you want to describe different outfits, hair styles or accessories then do that in writing. Do not post secondary images or link to extra images; roleplay is about your writing skills so you should be able to describe your character without heaps of pictures.
- Please do not make image collages or animations to get around the 1 image per character rule.
- Your reference picture should be no more than about 600px on the longest side, as large images make browsing difficult. Large animated gif files may be removed if the file size (in mb) is too large.
- Your reference image should either be something you personally own the rights to use such as a drawing you made, or something which is widely distributed online for fan use such as celebrity/movie images, famous models, or TV characters.
- You should never use someone's personal art/photography/characters/fursonas taken from websites like deviantart, tumblr, furaffinity, Chicken Smoothie and related image sharing websites unless the artist/photographer said you could use it, or said that it was for anybody to use.
1001Fonts pictures or other images containing text in roleplays
- You should only use 1 image (max) per setting that you wish to describe for your roleplay - for example one picture of the highschool, one picture of the city, one picture of the sports field.
- Any character references posted on the main post should follow the same rules of only containing one image per character.
- Any text-images or roleplay descriptions should be created specifically for the roleplay. Copying text and images from other roleplayers is not acceptable behavior.
1001Fonts is the name of a website that allows people to make cool headings and subheadings in different fonts
It's fine to use images like these as headings/subheadings for your character reference sheet or for a roleplay description page. However, do not use these for every roleplay post you make, as posting images repeatedly is considered spam.Special formatting for reference sheets and roleplay topics, common names and images
We sometimes get reports complaining that someone has stolen their layout or "form". Unfortunately you cannot copyright your particular layout of bb code and font colors. We encourage everyone to design their own roleplay layouts, but there's nothing we can do if someone else's font color, alignment, size and placement of images looks suspiciously similar to the formatting of your own posts. It's quite possible that the same design may have been thought of independently and it's not worth getting upset about it.
We also sometimes get reports about character "theft" if someone else starts using the same reference image that you use, or the same character name. If you own exclusive rights to the image then you should report anyone else who uses it, but if it's just something random you found online then you don't own it and you can't stop anyone else from using it. If your character name is particularly unique then you can report the person who you believe stole it and give us any information to explain why you think they stole it. However, if your character is just named something like John or Taylor then there's nothing unique about that and anyone can use that name.Roleplay Posts
Once you've posted your character reference and been accepted into a roleplay, you can start posting!Avoid repeating information/pictures in posts.
Your post replies in roleplay topics should not contain any links or images (including font images). Please do not decorate your posts with repeating text such as information from the character's ref sheet. Keep your posts tidy and simple so that they're easy to read and search for.There is one exception here: You are allowed to include a link to your character's reference post.