Markings of a Soulmate (Open and Accepting!)

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Markings of a Soulmate (Open and Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:07 am

Plot

Soulmates exist, and it is almost guaranteed that you'll find yours. On the morning of your 18th birthday, you will wake up to find that you have received a marking of some kind to help you find yours. There's no one soulmate indicator, but rather, there's quite a few - but each pair of soulmates will have the same one, we can assure you of that. But while it's straightforward for most people, not everyone has it necessarily easy or clear as to what it going on with their soulmate situation, and some even go against their written destiny to be with who they love. People who won't be in a relationship with anyone apart from their soulmate are unused to the ups and downs of a relationship, even if it's 'meant to be' and find that it's not perfectly pleasant. Others may think that there's a mistake when they find that their soulmate is their enemy, or they have a dislike for them when they first meet. Cases of people who do not have any soulmate indicators have also been reported. Overall, it's not a perfect system, but they try to stick it out, try to make things work... even if it doesn't seem likely.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Pairings

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:08 am

You may have up to two characters - possibly three, depending on how many people join - and they cannot be from the same pairing/group. PM me reservations, and post characters in the discussion thread. If you have questions, then please do PM me as well.

Note: You may not take any of these scenarios/mini-plots without my express permission beforehand. (Plagiarism is against the rules anyhow, guys!)

1. Initials

Leigh and Alexandria have been enemies ever since they met in school at the age of 12. However, Alexandria's family moved away from the area when she was 17, and it's been a few years since the girls have seen each other. Yet, when each of them turned 18, they each received each other's initials - perhaps not realising it at first, as they didn't know each other's middle names, but the first and last initials sure were familiar. Though maybe it was a different person... Not long afterwards, the two of them meet once again in college, and their rivalry resumes from where it left off. When they realise that they're apparently meant to be soulmates, there has to have been some kind of mistake, right?
Leigh Romona|21|Female|Pansexual|Warriorcats Team
Alexandria Woods|22|Female|Bisexual|ShadowsEternalFlame

2. Drawings

Chester is a regular person, not really notable other than perhaps in his town. Eli, meanwhile, is a famous musician, critically acclaimed and at least two high-selling albums already. They don't know each other, choosing to keep their own identities a quiet secret, but whatever one person draws/writes on their arm, it appears on the other person's as well - and vice versa. This unusual method of communication brings a strange sense of comfort to each other. When Eli's tour brings them around to a city close to Chester's town, Chester is dragged to the concert by a couple of friends, despite them not really knowing the artist... and it happens to be just after the concert when writing about it - and a couple of admissions - that the two of them make it a race to find one another, before either of them has to leave the city.
Chester McKinley|24|Male|Homosexual|Consulting_Angel
Eli Cain|24|Male|Pansexual|miss witchy

3. Not Soulmates

Rose and Elizabeth have been close friends most of their life. All around them, the two young ladies have watched their friends desperate to find their soulmates, and while they're both happy for them, they find themselves more drawn to each other than finding out who they're destined to meet. Rose has the marking of small dragon on her forearm, while Elizabeth has the initials 'K.R.J.' just below her wrist... but despite the disapproval from society and the people around them, they decide that they want to be with who they want, and not have it dictated for them - each other. Besides, surely their relationship would be better than their soulmates, considering they've known each other for years?
Rose Novak|22|Female|Bisexual|Consulting_Angel
Elizabeth Wells|22|Female|Bisexual|Locker-Neighbor

4. Names (1)

Oliver was thoroughly confused to wake up on their 18th birthday, to find that he has two names on him, one on each wrist - Anessa and Person C. Did this mean he has two soulmates? What names did the two have on them? Oliver then met Anessa not long afterwards, and a couple of jokes were exchanged that Oliver just accidentally got two names while someone else doesn't have any name on their arm. Despite a couple of fears, it seems that whoever Person C was, they weren't going to be in the picture, since they hadn't actually met... until they actually do meet Person C, and it turns out that both Anessa and C have Oliver's name.
Oliver Quimby|23|Male|Bisexual|JjThheJetPlanee
Anessa Ribley|21|Female|Heterosexual|~ HOLDIN ON TO YOU ~
Person C|Age|Male|Sexuality|User

5. Names (2)

Person A didn't get a name when she turned 18... or any other soulmate indicator. As a way to try and hide this from everyone else other than her family, she wrote down a random name on her arm, making sure to rewrite it whenever it faded. This name, however, happens to also be Person B's full name, and they have Person A's name on their arm. While Person A is conflicted as to whether or not she should tell Person B that she only made up the name and doesn't actually have anything in terms of a soulmate indicator, the two of them meet Person C... who just so happens to have Person B's name on their arm. Is it a case of mistaken identity, or is this just an unusual mishap from the universe?
Person A|Age|Female|Sexuality|User
Elena Stephens|20|Female|Bisexual|Warriorcats Team
Person C|Age|Male|Sexuality|User

6. Incomplete Tattoos

One of two tattoo possibilities is that soulmates could have one half of an incomplete tattoo each, and they warm up and complete themselves when the soulmates meet one another. Person A has half of what seems to be an anchor with a rope wrapped around it - and looks like it will look rather elaborate and interesting when it's complete. Person B is new to the area, and has the other half of the tattoo. While the two of them pass each other on the streets several times - and things happen that should have had the two meet each other (one of them trips and drops what they're carry, etc.) but these such things continuously fail (someone else stops to help instead, for example). Until finally, they quite literally bump into one another in a coffee shop, while both holding a drink each, and hang on... you look vaguely familiar. And then they briefly get internet fame when someone uploads a video of their meeting and realisation that they took of them, which is something they find slightly creepy, but an invite for an interview on the local radio station might also be a good opportunity to help bring exposure to one (or both!) of their start-ups/work.
Koda Meyers|22|Male|Homosexual|mytery101
Akiyoshi Justin-Dai|23|Male|Homosexual|Moonblaze-Angel

7. Matching Tattoos

The other possibility for tattoos is that a soulmate pairing has matching tattoos, with these ones not being restricted to just their arms, but could appear anywhere on their upper body. Person A and B both have the tattoo of a elegant swan, each in different places. While Person A looks forward to meeting her soulmate, she keeps her tattoo on show whenever she can, hoping that whoever has the match will see it. Person B, however, prefers to remain quiet about her tattoo, and didn't actively sought out her soulmate, deciding that they'd meet whenever it happens. Neither have been in a relationship, wanting to wait for their soulmate, and when they do, things start out well. But both have an idealistic vision of how their relationship would be, and things start to get a little bit rocky after they realise that just being soulmates doesn't mean that they can navigate their relationship as easily as they first thought, especially after the two end up having a huge argument - which also happens to be their first, in an attempt to keep everything positive.
Caro Alvizuri|24|Female|Lesbian|be concerned .
Ebony Hallows|20|Female|Bisexual|ShadowsEternalFlame

8. Timestamp

Today is the day. Person A and Person B both have the date and time that they will meet their soulmate written on their arm. Person A is probably way too excited, looking forward to meeting the person that they will be spending the rest of their life with. Person B is incredibly nervous, wondering if they should be wearing something casual... or maybe formal? They need to make a good first impression, right? They've had a few years to prepare, knowing the date and time, but it was still nerve-wracking. But things don't go quite as either of them planned, as Person A is harassed on the street, just minutes before they're meant to meet their soulmate... cue Person B, who sees what is going on, and - temporarily forgetting the time - has a burst of courage that stems from the adrenaline of their nerves, and helps Person A out. And then the two of them figure out that they're soulmates, and hey, why not go and do something together, as a 'thank you'?
Salem Hunt|20|Male|Pan-rom Demisexual|Moonblaze-Angel
Quinn Bryson|20|Male|Demi-Pansexual|(dearest.)

9. Nothing

Person A wasn't sure what to expect for their 18th birthday, but it certainly wasn't to wake up to absolutely nothing on their arms or anything on their body. No indicators... nothing to help them find out who their soulmate is. Maybe they don't have one? It wasn't as if they really felt any attraction to anybody at school, or while growing up. But there's still something disheartening to find out that maybe you're not really destined to be with anyone - even in just a platonic way - after all. It's a little worse when it seems that everyone else around them is finding their soulmate with no trouble. As Person A writes about their thoughts and feelings on the internet, Person B reaches out to them, also having no soulmate indicators, and it turns out that the two live fairly close to one another - and recognise each other from school. After each checking that the other is the real deal and exists, they agree to meet up. Perhaps they will find comfort in one another, in a world where it seems that they're the ones that are deviant from the others. ~Can remain just platonic, or become romantic.
Matilda Jones|20|Female|Heterosexual|Teardrops
Person B|Age|Any|Sexuality|User
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:20 am, edited 14 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:08 am

Please use the form below, and post on the discussion thread. This is to make sure that everything I'd like included is included. If you want to use your own form, then please PM me with an example of it first before posting it on the discussion thread.
Code: Select all
[img]realistic[/img]
[size=85][b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname (if any):[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (hair colour, eye colour, height, build, weight, body mods, etc. etc.)
[b]Personality:[/b] (at least 3-4 sentences)
[b]Short Bio:[/b] (at least 3-4 sentences)
[b]Friends:[/b]
[b]Enemies:[/b][/size]

--Optional--
[size=85][b]Birthday:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b][/size]

Rules
- As per usual, all of the board rules apply.
- No Mary Sues/Gary Stus/God modding.
- PM me to reserve - they last for 24 hours. You are allowed up to two characters.
- Please only join if you're going to actually be active and not forget about the roleplay after joining.
- Interact with other characters and don't leave anyone out! That said, don't just wait around for someone to interact with you - actually get involved with the roleplay instead of constantly asking which characters are open.
- Every post should be about a paragraph of 4-5 sentences for each character. Writers block is understandable, but constant one- or two- liners will be not acceptable.
- LGBT+ characters are always accepted in my roleplays, as are such relationships. Obviously. Any sort of hate or discrimination about this (along with race, religion, etc.), then you will not be allowed to join the roleplay.
- Please create diverse characters!
- Characters must be around 20-24.
- No OOC drama. If there's a problem, then please PM me.
- When the roleplay starts, you have 48 hours to also begin, or I will assume that you are no longer interested and will open your place(s) back up. (I'm tired of having to wait around for people that don't actually join in with the roleplay). I will send out one reminder.
- If you have any questions, then please do ask!
- Note: Yeah, I'm aware there's no het couples, but maybe when other people start including more homosexual couples to their roleplays (not just one or two with the same 'plot' and no originality) then maybe I'll include het couples in mine.
- Keep chat and character forms to the discussion thread.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Updates & Events

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:58 pm

Any announcements or events for the roleplay will go here! Be sure to check back occasionally.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Markings of a Soulmate (Open and Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:41 am

Chester McKinley
24|Male|Homosexual
Drawings - A
Tagged: Open.
Chester stepped out of the car that his friend drove, glancing around. He did not often come into Flocester, mostly because he was most content with staying in his hometown. It had everything he needed - with just the exception of a prestigious dance hall to perform in. He was meant to be going to some sort of concert (he couldn't remember who it was) that evening with his friends - after they basically begged him to join them - so he had written on his arm a reminder: '7:30 - Flocester Concert Hall', to make sure that they would be on schedule and not be late. It was 6pm now, so there was a small amount of time for them to find somewhere to eat before going to the concert. Chester thought that he'd much rather be at home, making his own dinner, and 'talking' with his soulmate... whoever they were. Or maybe he could be dancing instead... he had a number of routines that he wanted to work on. Maybe he'd be inspired later on, at the concert, but he doubted it. However, he knew that it had been a while since he had gone out anywhere, so it was about time he did something. "Where are we going to get dinner?" he asked, taking his phone out to look it up and see how far it would be from the concert.
(Anyone's characters can be the friends that dragged him along, just tag him!)

Rose Novak
22|Female|Bisexual
Not Soulmates - A
Tagged: Open.
Rose sighed, watching the clock. She hated having the closing shift at the cafe, even though it only took her around 15 minutes to close up - and she was paid nicely for the overtime that accumulated. But it also meant that she didn't really have time to do anything with her friends... or Elizabeth. The cafe closed at 6:30 every evening, making it a somewhat popular place for an early-evening snack, or for people who were running a bit late after work. There were only two customers, and they both looked like they were going to be finished soon, so she leaned against the counter, tempted to take her phone out and scroll through it, but she didn't want to risk getting fired, even though it was almost dead in the cafe. If it wasn't for the fact that she needed the job to get some fall-back money while she was trying to get her screenwriting career off the ground, then she would have quit. At least the manager was nice to her, and her co-workers were always more than willing to have a conversation with her when it was quiet... but at the moment, she was the only one working the closing shift, because it got so quiet.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LukeDeadwood » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:08 am

Koda Meyers
22|Male|Homosexual
Tags: Rose
Koda kept to himself as he walked down the sidewalk. He kept his eyes glued to his phone that was in one hand while gripping Onyx's leash in the other. Said dog proudly walked beside him, happily doing his job of keeping people from getting to close his owner. It's not that Koda was in a bad mood or anything, he just didn't want to deal with anybody. He glanced up momentarily, locating his destination of a local cafe. He pocketed his phone with a hum and walked towards it, pausing outside to tie Onyx up to the pole and rubbing the dog's head before walking inside. With a quick glance around Koda felt bad upon noticing the few people and the lone woman at the counter. Even he hated the thought of stragglers going inside some store or whatever place just before closing time. But man, he had a late night in mind and he could really go for a snack and some good coffee before he had to drink the crap he had back home. "Hey..." Koda greeted the woman a bit lamely as he approached the counter.
LukeDeadwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowsEternalFlame » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:20 am

Alexandria Woods
22 / Female / Initials Person B / Tags;; Open

Lexa grabbed the leash hooking it to Koda's harness before exiting out their apartment. She plugged her headphones in letting Linkin Park flood her mind before she took off at a easy paced jog. People parted on the sidewalk, whether it was for her, or the king sized German shepherd at her side she didn't really care. She stopped at a coffee stand near the park and grabbed an iced mocha before unleashing Koda and throwing the ball. Her black hair was tied up in a high pony tail and she wore a black tank top matched with short grey running shorts.

Ebony Hallows

20 / Female / Matching Tattoos B / Tags;; Open

Ebony sighed with exhaustion as she folded up her apron for the night. Counting out her tips to a decent 65$ for the night she folded them up and stuffed it in her back pocket. She normally worked the graveyard shift and tonight was no exception. She let her hair down from the tight bun and ran her long pale fingers through it before grabbing her keys and wallet and making for the door. Outside the city was just coming alive, people were going on early morning walks and grabbing coffees before rushing to work. She took a deep breath enjoying the fresh air in comparison to the stuffy greasy air of the favored diner.
ShadowsEternalFlame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Teardrops » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:29 am

Matilda Jones, No tattoo (A), 20, Heterosexual, Tags opem

Matilda was almost done her shift at the restaurant. She was tired of greeting people nonstop, and putting on a fake smile for them. Sure, she needed the job. Did she want it? Not exactly. She would much rather be at home watching TV, or in her backyard feeding the finches and jays.When she was doing those things, her smiles were real. The restaurant she worked at wasn't even high quality. It was on one of the sketchiest streets on the block, but most people stopped there when they were coming into town. That was the only reason it was still in business.
"Just half an hour left,"
She whispered to herself. She cleaned off some tables while she waited for the time to pass, and she could proudly put up the closing sign. Her mini skirt was getting annoying, and her v-neck blouse was showing much more skin than she preferred.That was another thing she disliked about the job, the uniform. "Thank God I don't need heels," She would always tell herself every morning. That was a blessing in itself.

It was time to leave. She changed into her regular clothes, black jeans with holes in the knees and her white tshirt. As she left she waved goodbye to the chefs and turned up her music. It wasn't a far walk home, which was perfect since it was rather scary in the area she was in. Her home was nice enough, she had been renting a basement suite for the past 2 years. She was able to thrift a leather loveseat, and saved money for a decent television. Her parents gave her a kitchen set as a house warming gift before she cut ties with them. She also thriften a wooden bed frame, and saved yet again for a comfortable mattress. She didn't have much, but she had enough. She jingled the keys into the doorknob and stepped inside with a thigh. She was happy to be home.
Last edited by Teardrops on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teardrops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Markings of a Soulmate (Open and Accepting)

Postby eggos. » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:33 am

Quinn Bryson
♂ || Twenty || Timestamp B
Tagged with: open
At the park
Quinn's gait was anxious and somewhat unprepared. Like he could be pushed over if somebody tapped his shoulder. He was just nervous about today, his gaze was downcast at the sidewalk as his hands were stuffed inside his hoodie pockets, his left one holding the blue leash of Pax. Pax's gait was confident and proud, head raised high and a steady pace. If only he had as much confidence as his own dog. Quinn continued walking, taking out his right arm and glancing at the date and time just above the joint of his elbow and glancing at his watch. He'd have a little more time until he met his soulmate, and he wasn't sure if he should be happy or troubled. His mind was going a mile per hour with scenarios and it hurt. Quinn glanced down at himself; red hoodie covering a white and red striped shirt with dark jeans and black converse. Maybe too casual? Maybe too plain? Pax's bark snapped him out of it as he snapped his gaze up to see he nearly walked out into the street. Quinn smiled sheepishly at the Rottweiler as Pax looked forwards again and in his head, he could see Pax rolling her eyes. They soon reached the nearby park and he unhooked Pax's leash and sat down on a bench as the Rottweiler ran around nearby, sniffing at the ground and chasing what seems to be a terrified squirrel. Quinn put on his headphones to his phone and sighed as Sweater Weather came on and watched his dog enjoy herself.
Last edited by eggos. on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eggos.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EndlessBliss » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:49 pm

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Leigh Romona|Female|Initials A
21|Tags; Open
Location; Library
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Leigh put away the last book on the cart in its rightful place with a sigh of relief. The library wasn't very busy at the moment which she was thankful for. She pushed the book cart back to the check out counter before picking up a book off the counter that she had been reading in her spare time. As Leigh kept reading she was getting more and more into the story, reading was one of her main things she had always loved to do. When she read she could always escape reality and leave it all behind for a short period of time. However unfortunately she always had to leave the fantasy world and come back to the real one. Life wasn't the best but she was still living so she counted that as a good thing
EndlessBliss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me