A Guide to COPPA - UPDATE 14th Jun. 2018

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: What Is COPPA - A Guide {UPDATE}

Postby Night Visions » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:33 pm

This should be stickied to the top of the board. It's very useful and will continue to be in future ;3

Hey, I'm Night Visions!

Feel free to call me Night or Nighty :3
I'm obsessed with Supernatural, as well as many other things,
so feel free to send me a PM any time if you want to talk c:
I don't bite...much (;

My Quiz
Night Visions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ciriun » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:16 am

Agreed that this should be stickied, but searching for it worked. :)

Here's my COPPA question. I have a character design / adoptable shop and would like to be able to make it possible for COPPA'd users to order. I've had one suggestion to make an Oekaki post where they can do that, but I wasn't certain if that was the proper way. Can anyone tell me how I should be doing it?

---Image---
Adopt a Teamaid at Mythicarium!
Click the teacup to see!

Ciriun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:10 am

Ciriun wrote:Here's my COPPA question. I have a character design / adoptable shop and would like to be able to make it possible for COPPA'd users to order. I've had one suggestion to make an Oekaki post where they can do that, but I wasn't certain if that was the proper way. Can anyone tell me how I should be doing it?

You're welcome to have your character design shop in the adoptable oekaki forum. That way, COPPA'd users will be able to order as well. c:
Atwood made a very informative post about the advantages and disadvantages of having a design shop in the oekaki vs. the regular forums here, if you are still trying to decide which forum to keep your art shop in.
x
x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hi! Call me Aquila.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
v
x
AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ciriun » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:29 am

AquilaFuga wrote:You're welcome to have your character design shop in the adoptable oekaki forum. That way, COPPA'd users will be able to order as well. c:
Atwood made a very informative post about the advantages and disadvantages of having a design shop in the oekaki vs. the regular forums here, if you are still trying to decide which forum to keep your art shop in.

I thought the Oekaki forum was only supposed to be for art made with the Oekaki board. I use Adobe Illustrator for pretty much all of my artwork, and as far as I know there's no way to import it to Oekaki. Even if I could, it probably wouldn't be vector art anymore.

---Image---
Click the teacup to see!

Ciriun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:38 am

Ciriun wrote:I thought the Oekaki forum was only supposed to be for art made with the Oekaki board. I use Adobe Illustrator for pretty much all of my artwork, and as far as I know there's no way to import it to Oekaki. Even if I could, it probably wouldn't be vector art anymore.

That's correct, if you want to use anything other than oekaki for your character designs, you will be unable to make a post in the adoptable oekaki, and thus cannot get COPPA'd players' orders through CS. c:
x
x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hi! Call me Aquila.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
v
x
AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawnypelt3 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:13 am

I believe it would be allowed to make an art shop cover in the oekaki (like sketch some animals or whatever you're good at drawing and write "Art Shop") and then use that thread only for your art shop? So rather than posting a new oekaki pic under the art shop, you'd just run everything from the main thread and post all art made with Illustrator there? The only rule I know of for that is the oekaki image can't be a random 5 second doodle, so if you make it look semi-nice it should be okay?
I was hacked. Not going to remake all my groups and such unless I feel like it. That's a lotta work. Don't bother with trades, everything's a mess.

Need: Image
Will offer reasonable overpay.
Note to self:
Reduce idiot level.
tawnypelt3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ciriun » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:38 am

Let me just make sure I'm following you correctly. The setup would involve two threads, one where it already is in the Character Design forum and one in the Beginners Oekaki forum? Or are you saying I should move the whole thing to the Oekaki forum?

---Image---
Click the teacup to see!

Ciriun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawnypelt3 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:50 am

If you wanted to use Illustrator rather than oekaki for all the art you do, then I'm saying just one thread. Put your entire art shop under an oekaki thread, that way COPPAs can post and you can do all the commissions with Illustrator.
I was hacked. Not going to remake all my groups and such unless I feel like it. That's a lotta work. Don't bother with trades, everything's a mess.

Need: Image
Will offer reasonable overpay.
Note to self:
Reduce idiot level.
tawnypelt3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ciriun » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:55 am

Okay, I get in now. Thanks. :) If I can successfully draw something halfway decent in Oekaki I'll try that.

---Image---
Click the teacup to see!

Ciriun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Guide to COPPA - UPDATE 7/20/14

Postby moonlightfox » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:53 pm

So from what I read they can't see your pm so what about messages that you send to them in the trade?
could someone please clarify for me? :)
My december 18 re-release off adopts^^
ImageImage
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Join Aywas the breedable, collectable pet site that allows you to create a custom pet of your own! You can do lots of activities like explore, games, and contests. Aywas is unlike other pet sites, for example, when you breed two pets together you have breeding artists that makes a custom baby for you and there are so much more that you can do in Aywas^-^.
moonlightfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me