Formatting a Forum Post?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Formatting a Forum Post?

Postby CalicoPonies » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:40 am

Hello, I haven't ever really used the CS forums, and have never included images. I am wanting to start a free "adoptables" thread and post some adoptables I have made. What I am wanting to know is how to include the images of these adoptables and how to set up a simple adoptables thread. I have .png files with transparent backgrounds. I have uploaded them to my DA stash. Thanks for any help!
Jake
41 plushies & counting.
CalicoPonies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Formatting a Forum Post?

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:47 am

Hi there!

To post images, you can find the direct link by right clicking on the image and selecting 'Copy Image URL' or 'Copy Image Location' for Google Chrome and Firefox, or by selecting 'Properties', highlighting the given link, right clicking, and selecting 'copy' for Internet Explorer. If you are using Safari on a Mac, you need to right click and select 'Copy Image Address'. You can post the code by right clicking and selecting 'paste.'

To make the image link into a picture, you'll want to add the image brackets. They look like this:
Code: Select all
[img][/img]

When you post the URL, it should be between the brackets like so:
Code: Select all
[img]link here[/img]

You can use this to post pictures on the forum, in your signature, and in your trade rules too! If you need any more help with this, just let me know!

Oh, also this is a really good resource if you need more help learning to code: viewtopic.php?f=102&t=3517090
Even if it's tailored towards signatures the same code works everywhere!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me