Weird advertisement

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Weird advertisement

Postby MotherMother » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:25 pm

I had my computer open on a CS thread, and without clicking anything at all, I was redirected to a website that had something like "Congratulations, you won" stuff.
I know CS does not control the ads located at the bottom of pages, but because this was not one of those and I was actually redirected to a new page, I am wondering if this concerns CS.
Honestly I am not very computer savvy so perhaps this is just a problem with my computer and I don't realize it. I don't think it's my own virus because I have blockers in place to prevent that. I apologize if it is, for wasting your time. But otherwise I don't know if it's some scamming website targeting CS and setting up "traps" for people here.

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Weird advertisement

Postby Celozon » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:41 pm

No ads on CS should redirect you anywhere without clicking on them. And CS only has ads at the top and bottom of the page, no pop up ads or anything like that. It sounds like its more likely something with your computer rather than CS, since it doesn't sound connected to the ads CS has. I'd suggest running a scan with your anti-virus software. Just having anti-virus and blockers doesn't doesn't protect against everything ^^
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me