Should the rarity of store pets be changed?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should the rarity of store pets be changed?

YES, of COURSE!
8%
Yes!
No votes
Maybe.
20%
No!
40%
Absolutely NOT! Are you out of your MIND?
32%

Total votes : 25

Re: Should the rarity of store pets be changed?

Postby touyieparkes » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:32 pm

tbh sometimes i dont get why they keep them as rares or above because tons of people buy bulks of the store pets would of thought with how many some people buy that they would make a few uncommon store pets
i personally think demand/rarity for some or all pets needs to die down anyway in my opinion because i've seen so many nasty people when trading having a go and threatening to block people simply because of the "date or rarity" of there pet compared to the pet they get offered
i think if rarity was removed and all pets were valued the same it would make it so much easier for the newer players who have no idea what the whole rarity system (rares list etc) is to get a few decent cute pets because sadly all the cutest pets to people are "high on the rares list" or "very rare pets" so people want very silly high offers on them which again i in my opinion dont find it fair for the very VERY new players who are starting out on CS as it might take them YEARS of playing just to get one simple pet they wanted and honestly thats not fun

[e] i mean i have played for 6 years and half the pets i joined for 6 years ago took me ages to get because of this whole rarity thing going on the site and my tiger dog took me literally the whole 6 years and the shocker is thats the pet that made me join the site its not fun trying to get just ONE pixel dog for SIX years for anybody...
I make many free OC adopts and breedings feel free to follow me to check them out
been a member for over 12 years
touyieparkes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:36 pm

touyieparkes wrote:tbh sometimes i dont get why they keep them as rares or above because tons of people buy bulks of the store pets would of thought with how many some people buy that they would make a few uncommon store pets
i personally think demand/rarity for some or all pets needs to die down anyway in my opinion because i've seen so many nasty people when trading having a go and threatening to block people simply because of the "date or rarity" of there pet compared to the pet they get offered
i think if rarity was removed and all pets were valued the same it would make it so much easier for the newer players who have no idea what the whole rarity system (rares list etc) is to get a few decent cute pets because sadly all the cutest pets to people are "high on the rares list" or "very rare pets" so people want very silly high offers on them which again i in my opinion dont find it fair for the very VERY new players who are starting out on CS as it might take them YEARS of playing just to get one simple pet they wanted and honestly thats not fun

Yeah that's also a bad thing about store pets, (I honestly could bulk buy store pets, but thats just me, I don't go around scamming newbies with them). but yeah, it is somewhat unfair, Making atleast some of them uncommon is a good idea, not all of them but some, maybe 30-50% of them uncommon? :) They should try changing rarities with some of them to make them seem more diverse and unique with a variety. I'm not saying to make them OMG so common, but maybe pinch it down to uncommon for a start? and then see afterwards ^^
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marinee » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:39 pm

From my new-found knowledge though, it's about how many people buy them

But, at the same time, so many people have store pets because of those who bulk buy them.

So, it's kind of confusing.
Marinee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:41 pm

Or maybe add an option where a newbie when they sign up to CS, get one very rare / store pet or something .
or people can possibly make threads where like they give free gifts to the very new users of CS. c: like one person has already done, and the gifts could be store pets??

OR I KNOW, you know how cs have items you can click to get for free / autogrant, well why not make one with store pets, c;
Last edited by Zeena on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: If you have something to add please edit your post
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby touyieparkes » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:57 pm

personally i think they should do a monthly store pet give away event for those who cannot buy or trade for them such as new players
I make many free OC adopts and breedings feel free to follow me to check them out
been a member for over 12 years
touyieparkes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:22 pm

Some of 'em are rare, and one is even omgsr!:
    ImageImage

If you're interested in learning more about how rarities work, there's a great guide here.
    And there's a suggestion to mark store pets as store pets here, which would cut down on newbies getting scammed.

touyieparkes wrote:personally i think they should do a monthly store pet give away event for those who cannot buy or trade for them such as new players

From the FAQ:

Lacuna wrote:Make C$ free: CS is supported by C$ sales. You can trade other users for the C$ if you cannot or do not wish to buy any, but it will never be given away for free.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katiel » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:24 am

oakhearted wrote:Or maybe add an option where a newbie when they sign up to CS, get one very rare / store pet or something .
-snip-

The problem I see with this, outside of what Irisidium already stated about the sales, is that a lot of people might start creating duplicate accounts just to get a free store pet. This is already a problem around major events, so I don’t think the mods will want to create the same problem for themselves throughout the rest of the year.
Looking for recently missed pets! They're on my wishlist so please send a trade! C:
And, as always, thanks to those who help me find those missed pets! C:

katiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me