Sending pets to the pound?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Sending pets to the pound?

Postby Rhamnus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:01 pm

In all my time of being here, I just noticed you can voluntarily send your pets to the pound. Interesting!

What are the advantages to this? As far as I know CS doesn't have a limit on how many pets you can own, so why not keep them? 🤔
Rhamnus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sending pets to the pound?

Postby oakhearted » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Not sure ;w;
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Sometimes it's fun to send pets to the Pound as see where they end up, giving other users a chance to own it. It might take awhile though :')
For me personally, I like to send duplicates that I don't need to the Pound instead of them sitting in my folders sometimes.
It's almost like the Goodwill of CS, in a way.
Of course....most pets that I've seen that are in the Pound are from either quitting users or cheaters.
she/her / adult / artist
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:01 pm

The pound acts as a control for pets, especially for rarity. If we didn't have it, unwanted or confiscated pets would have nowhere to go and have no other option but to be deleted. And based on the sheer number of pets in the pound, rarity would probably sky-rocket for a lot of pets, especially older pets and store pets, making them much harder to obtain.
But fortunately a control is put into place (the pound) so when the unwanted or confiscated pets are given or taken away, they have a place to go that keeps them in circulation so there are better chances for people to obtain them.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:13 am

It’s also useful for people who don’t want to run a giveaway thread. Too many trades? Too confusing? Send them to the Pound instead and let it deal with it.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me