Suggestion: Stricter Rules for Bumping Trade Threads

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

How long do you think a bumping limit should be?

No limit
3%
5 minutes
25%
10 minutes
25%
15 minutes
18%
30 minutes
8%
1 hour (60 minutes)
8%
More than 1 hour
2%
I don't know but I like polls
10%

Total votes : 60

Re: Suggestion: Stricter Rules for Bumping Trade Threads

Postby Dryadalis » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:04 am

I kind of disagree with this for a couple of reasons:
1: Some players only can log on for an hour or less a day, so it's better for those to have a full hour of trading rather than being hopeful they can get a couple of trades over the 24 hour time limit
2: I know some people are very impatient when trading (I've known people cancel in like ten minutes) so you would miss out on lots of trades if you weren't online when they were sent
3: It would make moderators lives more difficult trying to keep up with when everyone's bumped their posts, also there could be confusion if someone's talking on their thread would this be counted in the bump?

I agree for the point it gives people more of a chance to see other threads but if people are desperate they can just go to the individual forums (i use those mostly when looking for trades)
Last updated 07/05
My overall pet count (not including 2020)

Total regular adopts: 8357/10025
Special Release: 9/41
Store Pet: 172/253

27/04 - 7973 | 30/04 - 8238
Dryadalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:09 am

i like what your saying, but i don't say six hours or hours in general would be a good way to control bumping for trading. if i remember correctly then that bumping rule applies to everything on the site. so it may change for everything else on the site, not just trading. this could easily confuse people on what hour they are on until being able to bump up their thread, if they do hours, and that the new bumping rule only applies to trading, if they go that route. if the bumping rule changes for the whole site then it would be a long wait to get stuff on the first page in slower forums.

in my opinion, trading should wait until it falls off the second or third page as the trading thread can move pretty quickly at times. it would be a little longer wait but may let different trade threads stay on the first page longer and not for something that feels a minute or two.
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:18 pm

I would support an automated system that did not let a user make a second post in the CS Trades board until x minutes (maybe 5?) have passed. However, I feel that hours is a bit too long.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:07 pm

An automated system would be very helpful! Whatever time amount is necessary.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Fire Rose » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:12 pm

This idea is great, but I agree with the five (or longer if necessary) minute thing that Seasonal brought up. I've been seeing multiple user spam their threads very often lately, and it usually seems like the moderators are trying to tackle other (and likely bigger) issues. This idea really does have good potential though, and the automated system would give the mods a little bit more time to deal with other and probably bigger things instead of simple thread spammers.
The Fire Rose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:01 pm

I think this is a great idea and could be nothing but beneficial to the trading community. Other extremely active trading forums have similar rules and it works fine (for example the Bell Tree has bumping rules of every four hours).

The way I see it is that it would really help those who don't have much time, they could BUMP and come back later and check on their trades. It would also help those searching for trading partners, currently the trade board is pretty much a race between the most active posters and those are the only ones on the front page.
Once you've checked all those for pets on your wishlist you are pretty much stuck. With a more slowely moving trade forum there would be new posters showing up at the top every time and every BUMP would have a 'chance' as it were.

As for people who want trades accepted 'right now' to be honest I think they'd be better off tradingn active posters or 'currently online' anyway, I don't think BUMP rules would change a thing. :)
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trenzalore » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:24 pm

Hours is too long. I agree with Seasonal's idea, but even then it's harder. During busy hours that would still be 4 minutes of being on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc page of trading because of how busy it is. Plus people can just ask any who visit the trade thread to bump or comment for them, so more popular trade threads/users would have an advantage. Also, Pokefarm is nowhere near as busy as CS. It's not the same at all. Also, it is much easier to get the characters you need to complete your pokedex than it is to get the pets you need to complete your archive on CS. On Pokefarm, their equivalent of the "pound" is open 24/7 and you can adopt up to 36 a day from there (edit: some days that number is multiplied by two, and "Hypermode" users can adopt more than 36 a day in the first place). CS is much slower, you adopt less from the pound, there are always new pets popping up, etc that makes constant trading necessary to have an up to date collection.
Last edited by Trenzalore on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lovingly Pro Choice
Really cool Taxidermy thread on CS, check it out https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=385397
Join Wolf Play with my referral code! I'm Trenzalore over there too. Message me on here if you join with my code and want a common pet from my trade group! :) My pack number is 289891
Trenzalore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:10 am

Even if the overall forum moved at a slower pace, you have to account for the sheer number of people who technically can bump within that hours range. If enough people bumped within five minutes of each other, you would be stuck off of the first page for hours within the first few minutes. In the end, it would just come down to luck and unpredictable timing to stay on the front page.

As for the idea of having a rule preventing people from bumping for you, that would be hard to enforce. For example, if someone were to post a question on someone's thread, moving them up on the first page, would that count as bumping or just them posting? It would just make for a lot more work on the part of the moderators to keep that in line.
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trenzalore » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:10 pm

Lennie wrote:
    Even if the overall forum moved at a slower pace, you have to account for the sheer number of people who technically can bump within that hours range. If enough people bumped within five minutes of each other, you would be stuck off of the first page for hours within the first few minutes. In the end, it would just come down to luck and unpredictable timing to stay on the front page.

As for the idea of having a rule preventing people from bumping for you, that would be hard to enforce. For example, if someone were to post a question on someone's thread, moving them up on the first page, would that count as bumping or just them posting? It would just make for a lot more work on the part of the moderators to keep that in line.

All of this. Exactly.
Lovingly Pro Choice
Really cool Taxidermy thread on CS, check it out https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=385397
Join Wolf Play with my referral code! I'm Trenzalore over there too. Message me on here if you join with my code and want a common pet from my trade group! :) My pack number is 289891
Trenzalore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:02 pm

Seasonal wrote:I would support an automated system that did not let a user make a second post in the CS Trades board until x minutes (maybe 5?) have passed. However, I feel that hours is a bit too long.

I really like the idea of it being automated. I think a set time of 15 minutes or so would be reasonable.

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups