suggestion // pinging trades

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

suggestion // pinging trades

Postby fika. » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:32 am

hello!

i have a suggestion for trades; i'm not sure if it has been suggested in the past, if so, please let me know.

a lot of users do tend to forget about trades, i'm guilty of it! i was thinking of giving a user the option to ping once maybe between 3 - 7 days after the trade has been sent ? maybe it just brings the trade back up to the top?

although users say it is okay to message them, i feel rather rude about it and i never know how to word it. this way, it just gives the user a little reminder.

idk maybe im the only one that struggles with messaging users (':
Last edited by fika. on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fika.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: suggestion // pinging trades

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:30 am

Ahhh yes I would honestly love this. On mobile I sometimes get a lot of trades that I’ll look at and then think I’ll get back to it later and never do. =///
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

- ♡

Postby fika. » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:12 am

♡ bump ♡
fika.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Radioactive Wolf » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:42 pm

100% support this, I've had trade being left to rot for months before and have completely accidentally left trades sitting for a while before myself as sometimes I send out so many I don't see them or forget to come back to them.
However, I don't believe it should be sent as a PM as sometimes as well messages get drowned out by trade accepts/declines for me and sometimes it's even been the case where users have messaged me about a trade and I haven't seen the PM either ^^' I love your idea of bringing the trade to the top and think it would be great if there could be something yet up in our trade centres separately for pings.

Love the idea <3
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
┌───────┐
[ Auction ] [ My suggestion ]
[ Trade thread ] [ credit ]

└───────┘
░░░░░░░░░
█████████
░░
░░
┌────────────────
x

└────────────────

┌────────────────┐
biobiobiobiobiobiobiobiobiobiobio

└────────────────┘
██████████████████
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
┌─────────────────────────────────────────┘
x

└─────────────────────────────────────────┐
Radioactive Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pixelated_Prophecies » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:06 am

I support this, except it shouldn't be a PM because COPPA players can't receive PMs.

ImageImage
I'm not currently active here;
my Toyhouse has all my social
media links, and you can find
my TH here.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote:Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

William Shakespeare wrote:One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
Pixelated_Prophecies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

- ♡

Postby fika. » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:07 am

thank you everyone for all the support!!

so scratch the pm thing then, i have the notification for a trade disabled so i always completely forget that members get the messages :>
fika.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amethyst The Gem » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:16 am

Maybe it could be added somehow to the trades page? Like when you get trades, you know how it will show the notification of __ amount of new trades? Well next to that it could put ___ new pings! And it could be put at the top of the trades section as a link to all the pinged trades!
Amethyst The Gem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:44 am

I feel a bit iffy about this, because at times it may come off as a bit rude? If there was in fact tho like a timer, like you said for 3-7 days then that may be okay. But some people simply don't want to be reminded about the trade, as they may still be thinking or asking for help?
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Requiem; » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:30 am

Perhaps it could work to "bump" the trade. As in, you get the notification that you get when receiving a new trade, and it appears at the top with the * by it. I would personally get annoyed by pms, but I don't see any harm in doing so. Perhaps there can be an automated trade message with it that says "____ has bumped your trade" or something along the lines of that.

I would be very adamant that this could only be done once, after a certain period of time. I would be more than a little annoyed if I started getting someone pinging me every few hours/days/etc. I also feel like this should come with the option to disable it, (perhaps a checkbox in your trade settings thats something along the lines of "Allow users to ping trades") because I don't feel like people who don't want a reminder should have to get it.

However, I know it'd help me, since I've forgotten about trades before! In support, so long as there's flexibility in who uses it.
Regina -

Theo | They/Them | Adult
Quitting, everything for c$/art

xxxxxxxImageImageImage
xxxxxxxImageImageImage
Requiem;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

- ♡

Postby fika. » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:01 pm

~Phantom wrote:I feel a bit iffy about this, because at times it may come off as a bit rude? If there was in fact tho like a timer, like you said for 3-7 days then that may be okay. But some people simply don't want to be reminded about the trade, as they may still be thinking or asking for help?

i feel as though messaging the person is a bit more rude.
      it's understandable if some people are looking over and considering the trade, because i've left trades for some time but when it's been there for two/three weeks i feel a bit different about it.

Regina - wrote:
Perhaps it could work to "bump" the trade. As in, you get the notification that you get when receiving a new trade, and it appears at the top with the * by it. I would personally get annoyed by pms, but I don't see any harm in doing so. Perhaps there can be an automated trade message with it that says "____ has bumped your trade" or something along the lines of that.

I would be very adamant that this could only be done once, after a certain period of time. I would be more than a little annoyed if I started getting someone pinging me every few hours/days/etc. I also feel like this should come with the option to disable it, (perhaps a checkbox in your trade settings thats something along the lines of "Allow users to ping trades") because I don't feel like people who don't want a reminder should have to get it.

However, I know it'd help me, since I've forgotten about trades before! In support, so long as there's flexibility in who uses it.
Regina -

a checkbox would be good, but then again it may still cause forgetfulness of trades. i've definitely forgotten about trades and my trades for others have too. i think if it's only one time the user can ping, it shouldn't be too annoying for people.

maybe if the option was after 7 days, and not 3-7.
fika.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me