stealing coding work?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

stealing coding work?

Postby jellybutter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:19 pm

i'm not planning to do this or see this problem, but i am curious if there are rules protecting coding work, if you stole a piece of coding, would that be considered theft just like art theft? not layout plans, but taking the whole coding that you do not have permission to use. could you report somebody for this?
jellybutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyline » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:24 pm

as this may be considered a form of art theft, there's no rule around the site that
      states that there will be consequences for stealing coding, although i believe you
      can report it, i'm unsure of the actions that will be taken against the theft, if any
      at all.
nicky - she - exhausted lesbian goth
IX.VI.MMXXII / IX.XI & XII MMXXIII
code shopx bbcode help
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: stealing coding work?

Postby nickjr » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:04 am

Just a heads up that coding theft is a thing in the real world, so @ everyone please don't think this is like this everywhere.

I imagine that the reason we can't make it an issue on CS is that the line is too fuzzy with BBCode. BBCode is very limited and there ultimately aren't that many combinations of BBCode that can be used. (Whereas in the real world, with programming languages and scripting languages and even the markup languages HTML/CSS, there are almost limitless ways of implementing anything, even if you try to make your code optimal, because there are often multiple optimal solutions.) So it's just not realistic to make it an issue on CS.

(By "real world" I mean once you get past the beginning stages/what is taught in school)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: stealing coding work?

Postby jellybutter » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:21 pm

ok! thank u for the answers <3
jellybutter