Oekaki; how do you make stripes? (solved)

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Oekaki; how do you make stripes? (solved)

Postby kitsukami » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:18 am

I've been looking all over the place to find an answer before I had posted this, but there was nothing about this.

How do you make stripes/spotting on oekaki?

Is it a type of texture/modified tool/something?

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thank you ^^

actually, I think it's pen pressure if doing spotting, and erasing a few things here and there if doing either or the other. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
But the problem now is, I don't have a pen suitable for my computer, or a tablet '^^
But, my computer has a touch screen, so does pen pressure and such work for a finger?
Last edited by kitsukami on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
                x
                please call me alex
                not cooking πŸ’― ️‍πŸ”₯

───────────────

x
                my umas β€’ she / they
                toyh β€’ current β™« β€’ vid

β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘

kitsukami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Oekaki; how do you make stripes?

Postby kitsukami » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Birb wrote:
    The types of stripes/spots in the example you linked have to be done manually. There is no special brush or tool for them. However, there are different textures you can use for other looks!

Thank you for the note, but I actually want to know some kind of technique an oekaki artist would use when making them, if done manually.
And, I know there are different textures, but I don't really like them. Sorry ;;

--

Edit;

actually, I think it's pen pressure if doing spotting, and erasing a few things here and there if doing either or the other. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
But the problem now is, I don't have a pen suitable for my computer, or a tablet '^^
But, my computer has a touch screen, so does pen pressure and such work for a finger?
                x
                please call me alex
                not cooking πŸ’― ️‍πŸ”₯

───────────────

x
                my umas β€’ she / they

kitsukami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Creamflame » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:34 am

Dawncrat wrote:
Birb wrote:
    The types of stripes/spots in the example you linked have to be done manually. There is no special brush or tool for them. However, there are different textures you can use for other looks!

Thank you for the note, but I actually want to know some kind of technique an oekaki artist would use when making them, if done manually.
And, I know there are different textures, but I don't really like them. Sorry ;;

--

Edit;

Hi
I used the normal watercolorbrush and draw the line with brush size 3 and with pen pressur.
Pen pressur only works with a tablet , as far as I know
Creamflame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitsukami » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 am

Creamflame wrote:
Dawncrat wrote:
Birb wrote:

--

Edit;

Hi
I used the normal watercolorbrush and draw the line with brush size 3 and with pen pressur.
Pen pressur only works with a tablet , as far as I know

Oh, thank you so much!!
                x
                please call me alex
                not cooking πŸ’― ️‍πŸ”₯

───────────────

x
                my umas β€’ she / they

kitsukami

My pets