a suggestion

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Support?

I am so with these ideas!
21%
I'm against this.
79%

Total votes : 34

a suggestion

Postby Tortilla » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:20 am

Hey, so I have a suggestion for the site. So, many cs users quit the site without donating their pets to the pound, or having them up for grabs. So, on this old site I used to play, if you don't log on for about a year or two, your account gets auto deleted and all your stuff goes back to which here would be the pound. I think that's a good idea for cs because many cs users quit without saying anything, don't visit the site at all and they'll have so many peoples dreamies. Idk I think it'll be a huge help to alot of people.

Also, an item pound?? I think that would be so cool. Like say mondays,wednesdays, and fridays is pet pound days. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays is Item pound days.

support or no? please vote in the poll
Please let me know what everyone thinks in the comments or pm!
Last edited by Tortilla on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tortilla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minizerkah » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:22 am

i believe it already happens that if u get banned after a certain period of time your pets get donated to the pound
i dont really come on so dont pm me
i only come on sometimes for character things and all that stuff
minizerkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Tortilla » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:23 am

minizerkah wrote:i believe it already happens that if u get banned after a certain period of time your pets get donated to the pound

I know banned members pets go to the pound but I'm talking about like people who haven't visited the site like in a year. (:
Tortilla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minizerkah » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:25 am

accounts that havent been used in a long period of time get turned inactive which i believe after a while their pets also get put into the pound
i dont really come on so dont pm me
i only come on sometimes for character things and all that stuff
minizerkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: a suggestion

Postby Good » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:25 am

I was just thinking about this! I think after 2 years you should get an email warning, then after that if you don't log on your account gets deleted? It's a really good idea honestly
Not sure about the item pound though, I think the C$ store does a good job of circulating old items! :0
Good

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joof » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:43 am

As far as I know, CS accounts remain untouched if the user just becomes inactive. The account is marked as inactive within the system of CS, so the user and pets they own don't count towards rarity anymore, but they stay on the account.

I don't think it would be a good idea to confiscate pets from inactive accounts. No matter how long they've been inactive.
What if someone reminds the existence of CS after several years not having time for it and finds their account deleted and all pets gone?
Help site wrote:If you don't want to play anymore you don't need to have your account deleted, just stop logging in. Sometimes people change their mind and return to their old accounts, so it's good to keep them just in case.

That would be really disappointing.
Also if said person bought something with real money (e.g. Store Pets), it would mean that CS would "steal" their property.
On a smaller note, there are already plenty pets in the pound and it will take ages for them to be given out...

So no support from me here (:
Joof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:15 am

The admins have already turned down this suggestion before I believe, as well. They aren’t wanting to do as Joof wrote, delete someone’s account and then have them eventually come back to log in and it isn’t there.
The compromise that was done was for them to become ‘inactive’ so they don’t count towards rarity counts.

And Nick has been working on an item pound since 2o1o I believe. Items don’t have ids like pets, so it’s unsure when or if we will ever get an item pound.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:02 pm

Here are a couple of Tess's posts denying the inactive account suggestion
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1340861&p=39610416#p39610416
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=826198&p=20960093#p20960093
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby itsaGrace » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:31 pm

I left my account and CS for manyy years and would have been so so sad to have found all my stuff had been deleted on my return :c

sadly no support from me

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x

████
████
x
x

x
x

` credit ` trade forum ` auction ` female ` UK ` adult `
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ //. it’s better to burn out, than fade away ❞
x
x

x
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
itsaGrace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mina Ashido » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:41 pm

I also left my account too- It's just people have other lifes and can't be on all the time. The reason I was gone was because work piled up and I had so much to do. I thought I could come back later when I have free time- which I have- and honestly I would've been way more upset to find all my pets I've had gone. I love being here it's just you never know the situations people are in, so you can't dictate whether they "deserve" to be removed or not.
Mina Ashido

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me