Bizarre Oekaki problem?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Bizarre Oekaki problem?

Postby PikaPerfect » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:01 am

Whenever I use Oekaki on my laptop, it acts up. Specifically, if I’m using my tablet (Wacom Intuos Pro medium size) on ChickenPain in google chrome, it crashes my computer. It starts by making the mouse cursor extremely laggy, then eventually unresponsive, and then my entire computer just stops working. I can’t move the mouse, can’t click anything, can’t turn it off (I have to hold the button for 30 seconds), and if I have any sound playing in the background my speakers just start screeching. This has happened four times, and it ONLY happens under the exact circumstances I described. My computer is fine when I draw with my tablet in any of my five art programs that I have downloaded, but if I do it in ChickenPaint then I have about 10 minutes before my computer dies on me. It’s like a time bomb, basically. I can use my mouse and finger in ChickenPaint just fine, but for whatever reason if I use my tablet, my laptop just malfunctions.

TL;DR: If I use my tablet for drawing on ChcikenPaint in Google Chrome, my computer locks up. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, do they know how I can fix it? I’ve lost several drawings to this problem.
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bizarre Oekaki problem?

Postby Rose Morpho » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:52 am

I don't know how to fix this, but if it's only in Google Chrome, you could try drawing on another browser to avoid the problem.
Rose Morpho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bizarre Oekaki problem?

Postby PikaPerfect » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:14 am

Fantasyunicorn wrote:I don't know how to fix this, but if it's only in Google Chrome, you could try drawing on another browser to avoid the problem.

Ive tried that, but chrome is the only browser I have where pen pressure works. It doesn’t work in Firefox and edge is too slow.

Last bumped by PikaPerfect on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:14 am.
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me