Need help! I've been scammed

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Need help! I've been scammed

Postby SunRaes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:46 am

Hi! I recently worked out a trade with a user (who will remain unnamed, for now) who insisted that their December 18th Moonpup was going to be a Moonswirl. They sent me evidence via Instagram, showing the pup was still at Stage One by day 8 (when it would normally have grown to stage 2, if it was going to become a Nonswirl). It made sense to me, so we worked out a trade, both assuming that the pet would become a Moonswirl. I payed them 4 Nons worth for their "Moonswirl" (trade: x).

When we worked out the trade, the pup was at its second stage, so I wasn't sure if it'd become a Nonswirl or a Moonswirl, hence me asking for evidence. After some Private Messaging, I asked if she had Instagram, and she told me she did. We found each other's accounts, and started Direct Messaging each other. She sent me the picture, which was evidence that it'd become a Moonswirl. Yesterday, when I was sending someone a trade, my heart dropped when I saw that the pup had grown into a Nonswirl! I politely messaged them asking for a tradeback, and sent them a trade (this: x). I even told them they could keep the Cheshire Cat that was originally on my side. I've messaged them numerous times, and even Direct Messaged them through Instagram. They have not answered any of my messages from yesterday. Today, I noticed that they were online. I Private Messaged them (through CS). They didn't answer, and quickly went offline. I've been checking their profile every now and then, and they haven't come online (or if they have, they've been "Hiding their online status" when they log in) since I messaged them.

I'm not sure if this one's on me for trusting them, but the "evidence" seemed 100% real- I looked at the pet in the image and clicked on the pet they were offering me- it was the exact same pup. It was the exact same age, and was given to them by the same user. It was definitely the same pet. I'm really not sure if they knew exactly what they were doing and they knew their pet would only become a Non, or if it was just an accident and they decided that they just didn't want to give me my pets back, which just isn't right. I play Chicken Smoothie very often, and it really upsets me that my hard earned pets (some of which I payed for in art) were taken away from me.

I really don't know what to do! I don't know if I should report them or give them a day to respond (which I doubt they will)! Would anyone mind helping me out, here? Any and all advice would be appreciated! If you need more details, please PM me. :)
Last edited by SunRaes on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SunRaes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Help?

Postby SunRaes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 am

Birb wrote:
    It would be best to send a help ticket, explaining the situation and providing links/screenshots, because trade disputes are not something that normal users can help you with. I hope it works out for you!

Thanks so much!
SunRaes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Help?

Postby SunRaes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:57 am

Boop ._.
SunRaes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Need help! I've been scammed

Postby SunRaes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 am

Bump
SunRaes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:07 am

There's nothing here any regular user can help you with. You just need to wait for your ticket to be answered. There's no need to bump this thread, much less so often.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bubbled Aurora » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:12 am

tootoothewolf wrote:Hi! I recently worked out a trade with a user (who will remain unnamed, for now) who insisted that their December 18th Moonpup was going to be a Moonswirl. They sent me evidence via Instagram, showing the pup was still at Stage One by day 8 (when it would normally have grown to stage 2, if it was going to become a Nonswirl). It made sense to me, so we worked out a trade, both assuming that the pet would become a Moonswirl. I payed them 4 Nons worth for their "Moonswirl" (trade: x).

When we worked out the trade, the pup was at its second stage, so I wasn't sure if it'd become a Nonswirl or a Moonswirl, hence me asking for evidence. After some Private Messaging, I asked if she had Instagram, and she told me she did. We found each other's accounts, and started Direct Messaging each other. She sent me the picture, which was evidence that it'd become a Moonswirl. Yesterday, when I was sending someone a trade, my heart dropped when I saw that the pup had grown into a Nonswirl! I politely messaged them asking for a tradeback, and sent them a trade (this: x). I even told them they could keep the Cheshire Cat that was originally on my side. I've messaged them numerous times, and even Direct Messaged them through Instagram. They have not answered any of my messages from yesterday. Today, I noticed that they were online. I Private Messaged them (through CS). They didn't answer, and quickly went offline. I've been checking their profile every now and then, and they haven't come online (or if they have, they've been "Hiding their online status" when they log in) since I messaged them.

I'm not sure if this one's on me for trusting them, but the "evidence" seemed 100% real- I looked at the pet in the image and clicked on the pet they were offering me- it was the exact same pup. It was the exact same age, and was given to them by the same user. It was definitely the same pet. I'm really not sure if they knew exactly what they were doing and they knew their pet would only become a Non, or if it was just an accident and they decided that they just didn't want to give me my pets back, which just isn't right. I play Chicken Smoothie very often, and it really upsets me that my hard earned pets (some of which I payed for in art) were taken away from me.

I really don't know what to do! I don't know if I should report them or give them a day to respond (which I doubt they will)! Would anyone mind helping me out, here? Any and all advice would be appreciated! If you need more details, please PM me. :)

in MY opinion you have not been scammed nor blocked its a common mistake made by people on dec 18th i know i was suppose to pm you but yu have NOT been scammed its ust a simple ninja trade, i suggest to help you next time dont trade for pups that have not fully grown yet because they can be the other side simple moral
Bubbled Aurora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunRaes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 am

Shian wrote:There's nothing here any regular user can help you with. You just need to wait for your ticket to be answered. There's no need to bump this thread, much less so often.

Alright! :)
I was just looking for any other help or advice I could get.
SunRaes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunRaes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:17 am

= Figure Toast = wrote:
tootoothewolf wrote:Hi! I recently worked out a trade with a user (who will remain unnamed, for now) who insisted that their December 18th Moonpup was going to be a Moonswirl. They sent me evidence via Instagram, showing the pup was still at Stage One by day 8 (when it would normally have grown to stage 2, if it was going to become a Nonswirl). It made sense to me, so we worked out a trade, both assuming that the pet would become a Moonswirl. I payed them 4 Nons worth for their "Moonswirl" (trade: x).

in MY opinion you have not been scammed nor blocked its a common mistake made by people on dec 18th i know i was suppose to pm you but yu have NOT been scammed its ust a simple ninja trade, i suggest to help you next time dont trade for pups that have not fully grown yet because they can be the other side simple moral

Alright. The only reason I saw it as a scam is because they insisted that the trade was fair, despite it being unfair, so doesn't that mean it's considered a scam? I'm not sure..

Thanks for your input!
SunRaes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:26 am

If they lied it could be considered a scam. Wait for your ticket to be answered. Please stop bumping to frequently, you are creating spam. You should only bump once your trade falls of the front page of the forum it is located in.

As others have said, you must wait for your ticket to be answered there is nothing regular users can help you with at this point.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunRaes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:If they lied it could be considered a scam. Wait for your ticket to be answered. Please stop bumping to frequently, you are creating spam. You should only bump once your trade falls of the front page of the forum it is located in.

As others have said, you must wait for your ticket to be answered there is nothing regular users can help you with at this point.

Alright! Sorry about the frequent bumping, it was mostly just me responding to others.
Thanks for letting me know! I'm not very experienced when it comes to forums.
SunRaes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me