A way to sort pets manually?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

A way to sort pets manually?

Postby Obius » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:31 am

So I had a thought. We all want to have pets sortable in our groups. But with the current method of CS, it is all sorted according to the pet's ID number. And since its a pretty big task to go through millions of pets to provide them with other methods of sorting, what if we simply had a manual method of sorting?

Here is my suggestion. We have the option to sort by Pet Name at the bottom of our groups page. This means we can add a number sequence or letter sequence in front of the pets name to sort it in a group. So when the server normally checks an ID number of the pet to place it, it simply checks the Pet Name instead! Boom! Instant customizable pet groups! (Granted it will take some manual work, it would allow us to do it the same way we sort our groups by the first characters used in it.)

Now there is another thing here that can hide those numbers or letters from being displayed. Just add some code where the server does not display things within brackets but can still read whats in it.

So

{10001}Zack
{10002}Jacob
{10003}Kendrick

Will display as

Zack
Jacob
Kendrick

In our groups or when we link them in the forums, the brackets themselves and our sorting number is not displayed.

Would this be a workable alternative? I would think since the server is sorting by name, it would be no different than sorting by ID number. So lag should remain unchanged.

What do you think about this?
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A way to sort pets manually?

Postby Eaglespirit » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:20 pm

support!
This would solve my peeve of re-releases not appearing in the right place xD

Maybe make it more like Flightrisings rearrange option though? because if you want a pet in the middle you'd need to rename the whole group (unless decimals would work?)
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A way to sort pets manually?

Postby Obius » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Eaglespirit wrote:support!
This would solve my peeve of re-releases not appearing in the right place xD

Maybe make it more like Flightrisings rearrange option though? because if you want a pet in the middle you'd need to rename the whole group (unless decimals would work?)

Not sure how FR does it since I quit the game. But I would assume you could just simply count differently to allow for enough space between pets. Like numbering pets by 5 instead of by 1.

So 5, 10, 15, 20 would be your sequence. If you got two pet that were rereleases of pet number 5, you would make those 6 and 7. If you got more to the point where it pushes certain pets, just renumber those few pets to make more space. So you don't have to renumber them all.

Also you can make special groups with their own sequence. So
{SUNJEWEL20}
{SUNJEWEL25}
{SUNJEWEL30}
would be your sunjewel hoard. And all will be in sequence unless you want to rearrange it.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups