Suggestion: Special Birthday Pet (Poll added/changed)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Which birthday pet idea do you prefer?

Having a pet based off of each month's birthstone: you get your own month, but can't trade it away, so you only get your birthstone and no others.
15%
Having a pet based off of each month's birthstone: released more like a regular monthly litter, you get certain outcomes and can trade for the ones you don't have. Like the Zodiacs
38%
Having a special birthday pet you can partway design: certain linearts to pick through, you only get the pet once and its untradeable (more details on the first post)
10%
I don't like any of these ideas very much
36%
Other (let me know if you have another idea below!)
No votes

Total votes : 39

Re: Suggestion: Special Birthday Pet (Poll added/changed)

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:37 pm

I don’t support the idea of only getting one for your own month that’s not able to trade. As an avid collector here on CS it just doesn’t sit right with me. As well as Cs hasn’t ever done something like that unless it was a custom for certain people.

A birthday litter like the zodiacs I like, however I think that belongs more in the ‘suggested pets and litters’ thread than here.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:38 am

I'm not for any of these ideas. I don't like the idea of not being able to trade something away. What if you don't like the design? What if you strictly collect one species, but the birthday pet is a different one? Also,
some people are going to be waiting for a long time over others to get theirs. And what if people are busy on their birthday and can't log on to adopt it?

For the idea of being able to design your own, Tess has already made it clear that customs are for special people for important reasons.

As for the birthstone/zodiac stuff, that just doesn't sit well if you can't trade it away. Its not like everyone loves their birthstone colour nor even their zodiac.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:15 am

MedicatedBerry wrote:
I'm not for any of these ideas. I don't like the idea of not being able to trade something away. What if you don't like the design? What if you strictly collect one species, but the birthday pet is a different one? Also,
some people are going to be waiting for a long time over others to get theirs. And what if people are busy on their birthday and can't log on to adopt it?

For the idea of being able to design your own, Tess has already made it clear that customs are for special people for important reasons.

As for the birthstone/zodiac stuff, that just doesn't sit well if you can't trade it away. Its not like everyone loves their birthstone colour nor even their zodiac.

People would have to wait a bit if my original idea was ever implemented, but everyone would get the pet eventually, even if they miss it one year there's always the next. It does have its flaws, though, I agree. And I wasn't exactly thinking that the birthday pet would be like a custom since you can't request a certain design or species, you just get to pick from designs that have already been made on species that have already been made.

Still, I'm not a fan of that idea as much as the birthstone litter idea. There are two different options for that one; one where you can't trade them away and one you can, in case you didn't see that. The one where you can trade them away would be like the Zodiac litter from 2010; you don't get all the outcomes but you could trade for the ones you miss ^^
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:25 am

gallifrey falls. wrote:People would have to wait a bit if my original idea was ever implemented, but everyone would get the pet eventually, even if they miss it one year there's always the next. It does have its flaws, though, I agree. And I wasn't exactly thinking that the birthday pet would be like a custom since you can't request a certain design or species, you just get to pick from designs that have already been made on species that have already been made.

Oh good. More waiting.
Just like how I'm waiting for over a decade to get my Chinese zodiac animal celebrated when some lucky people got them the first year of release. Seriously. No thank you.
Not the least bit interested in, "Some people get them now, you get to wait a year for yours! :D"
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:48 am

Shian wrote:
gallifrey falls. wrote:People would have to wait a bit if my original idea was ever implemented, but everyone would get the pet eventually, even if they miss it one year there's always the next. It does have its flaws, though, I agree. And I wasn't exactly thinking that the birthday pet would be like a custom since you can't request a certain design or species, you just get to pick from designs that have already been made on species that have already been made.

Oh good. More waiting.
Just like how I'm waiting for over a decade to get my Chinese zodiac animal celebrated when some lucky people got them the first year of release. Seriously. No thank you.
Not the least bit interested in, "Some people get them now, you get to wait a year for yours! :D"

Alright, then you don't have to pick that option (:
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:59 pm

gallifrey falls. wrote:
Still, I'm not a fan of that idea as much as the birthstone litter idea. There are two different options for that one; one where you can't trade them away and one you can, in case you didn't see that. The one where you can trade them away would be like the Zodiac litter from 2010; you don't get all the outcomes but you could trade for the ones you miss ^^[/size][/list]

Then why not just suggest a birthstone litter to the Pet Design Suggestion Thread? It just kind of sounds like a typical monthly adopt, but rather with a specific theme. Honestly it just doesn't make much sense to me to make those into "Birthday Pets," seems more reasonable to hope for them to be a monthly adopt. Plus, if they were a regular monthly adopt, people can still choose whether or not they want to keep or trade them away.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me