Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

The board to ask questions, report problems, or post suggestions about the site, forum, or pets.

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby Eaglespirit » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:09 am

Its funny how half seem to state that Artificial Rarity works and half state it doesn't.

Both are used as arguments for getting it removed

And some just ignore the fact that it takes colossal effort to even make OMGSC pets go anywhere. The amount of effort to get something with actually demand would be even harder
Hanna | She/her/he/him/dude/whatever | Artist of many fandoms, including but not limited to:
Transformers, Warriors, FNAF, Undertale, Dr. Who, MLP, Maximum Ride, and to many other books and movies to name

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$
2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pegasus4240 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:15 am

I support.
pegasus4240

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MaximumWildlife » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:22 am

Eaglespirit wrote:Its funny how half seem to state that Artificial Rarity works and half state it doesn't.

And some just ignore the fact that it takes colossal effort to even make OMGSC pets go anywhere. The amount of effort to get something with actually demand would be even harder

This is true ^^^^

Tbh OMGSC aren’t even that common, you’d be expecting to see them everywhere. I’ve seen like 3
Last edited by Your Conscience on Sun, Jan 14th 2018 7:42 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Reason: Think.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
.•' Image | Image | Image| Image | Image '•.
MaximumWildlife

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:29 am

MaximumWildlife wrote:
Eaglespirit wrote:Its funny how half seem to state that Artificial Rarity works and half state it doesn't.

This is true ^^^^

Tbh OMGSC aren’t even that common, you’d be expecting to see them everywhere. I’ve seen like 3

I have all of them on my wl and they're more common then you think, most serious traders just don't have them since they are worth so little :/
And I imagine A LOT of them are stuck in the pound.

I actually think the current Artificial Rarity thread just picked badly, since 2 or 3 OMGSCs have turned VC recently. Just not the one we were working on xD
Hanna | She/her/he/him/dude/whatever | Artist of many fandoms, including but not limited to:
Transformers, Warriors, FNAF, Undertale, Dr. Who, MLP, Maximum Ride, and to many other books and movies to name

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$
2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby turtle, » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:34 am

MaximumWildlife wrote:Tbh OMGSC aren’t even that common, you’d be expecting to see them everywhere. I’ve seen like 3

a little off topic, but you don't see a lot of pets that are omgsc because there aren't a lot of pets with that rarity tag. without checking, I'm pretty sure there are more pets that are omgsr than there are pets that are omgsc. so the pets are extremely common, but the rarity tag itself isn't.

turtle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:40 am

turtle, wrote:
MaximumWildlife wrote:Tbh OMGSC aren’t even that common, you’d be expecting to see them everywhere. I’ve seen like 3

a little off topic, but you don't see a lot of pets that are omgsc because there aren't a lot of pets with that rarity tag. without checking, I'm pretty sure there are more pets that are omgsr than there are pets that are omgsc. so the pets are extremely common, but the rarity tag itself isn't.

There are 20 different OMGSCS
Most of them are rats and equines
Ranging from 2011 to 2016
Oddly enough there weren't any this year I think?

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$
2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MaximumWildlife » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:54 am

turtle, wrote:

I’ve seen like 3 omgsc pets, as in I’ve seen 3 whole pets with the omgsc tag

Not I’ve seen 3 types of omgsc

If that makes any sense

Still don’t support the deletion button, and I don’t support some types of hoarding as well so don’t use that argument
Last edited by Your Conscience on Sun, Jan 14th 2018 7:42 pm, edited 24 times in total.
MaximumWildlife

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:09 am

Tess hoards Nick pets, so I'd say hoarding is a valid way to play the game. You don't have to like it, but it's kinda hard to deny that hoarding is a valid way to play the game. Therefore the hoarding argument does hold at least some water.

If you want to pull apart the hoarding argument then you should focus on how hoarded pets still exist
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very busy IRL
I have intentionally turned off signatures and PMs

Banner by Moonflight Image Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MaximumWildlife » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:02 pm

nickjr wrote:Tess hoards Nick pets, so I'd say hoarding is a valid way to play the game.

If you want to pull apart the hoarding argument then you should focus on how hoarded pets still exist

Didn’t say hoarding was wrong, I just don’t support some types of it. For example, hoards with 10 pages of vrs

But it’s understandable and they can do that if they want, I’m not going to tell anyone to not hoard

Like you said, they still do exist as pets
MaximumWildlife

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blackcat110 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:47 am

I support removing it. To me, it just seems weird- like killing it!

And, I mean, why not give your unwanted pets to new players, friends, or even the pound? Even your most unwanted Very Common might be someone else's favorite pet! There’s really no good reason to keep the 'delete' option.
Beware the black cat.

Hi, I'm Blackcat110 (Also known as Blackie, Demon, Scorpion, and sometimes Jeepa)!

Scorpion//Female//Darkside//Halloween fanatic

*for info on contacting me, see my trading rules*

I’m always looking for trades and friends on here ^~^
Feel free to PM me about random stuff!

Clicky
Blackcat110

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me