Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

The board to ask questions, report problems, or post suggestions about the site, forum, or pets.

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby steampoweredfan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:17 pm

I support removing the delete feature! Even when I joined a little over a year ago I thought it was so odd to even have it!
I think it’s a little selfish honestly to just delete a pet, because surely someone out there would love to have it, regardless of species, rarity, etc. !
User avatar
steampoweredfan
 
Posts: 3728
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:09 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby Queenie! » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:31 pm

I honestly am not sure if I support or not.
If it's an easy fix, sure, go right on ahead and remove that feature.
But if it would take a while to make the change, I honestly can't say I support it simply because it doesn't have a big enough bearing on the game to be important, and there are other things that should be focused on.
I understand the whole "deleting gifts hurts people" argument, but it happens so rarely that I couldn't really justify supporting unless, like I said, it was an easy fix.
I'm making no claims to know anything about coding, so I can't say if this is a simple thing or not.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Image
Image
◆ ─────────────────
text text text text text text
text text text text text text
text text text text text text
text text text text text text
text text text text text text
text text text text text text
text text text text text text
text text text text text text

───────────────── ◆
Image
Image
Image
Image
B
U
T
T
E
R
F
L
I
E
S
?
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

User avatar
Queenie!
 
Posts: 12421
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:11 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby lil rascal » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:34 pm

I've never used the delete option, personally if I don't want I pet I give it away, so have no strong opinion ether way but the argument that it should be removed as it hurts the CS economy could be used for multiple things on cs and I can't see things like hoarding, keeping pets on inactive accounts or even the pound itself being banned because of it.

Personally I don't really see how sending pets to the pound is much better than deleting them as far as affecting the CS economy. Yes pound pets might eventually be adopted but with the well over a million pets the pound has & the slow method of adopting them out (the pound never goes below that over a million stockpile) it could take years before those valuable pets are allowed to be adopted again, if they ever are. In the meantime those pets are sitting in the pound completely removed from the CS economy. So really, as far as the economy is concerned, how is sending to the pound much better than deleting?

As far as being used to hurt & bully people (which I find really awful that someone would do), if someone was going to get upset about a pet they gave or traded away being deleted wouldn't they also get upset about being threatened with them being sent to the pound?

Just some food for thought
User avatar
lil rascal
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:19 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby smofir. » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:28 am

chunkypeanutbutter wrote:
I believe it's a feature that can only help others, especially others that already have that pet because it helps boost their rarities.

I think having the option to delete pets is a right not a feature, and people should be allowed to do whatever they want with their pets. It won't hurt you if someone decides to delete their UR tiger dog, because at the end of the day more are going to be released every 18th and in the end, if they were quitting you probably wouldn't be able to get that pet from them anyways. It's kind of like saying people shouldn't be able to hoard pets because you wanted those pets. It should be their right to do whatever they want with their own pet and we shouldn't interfere with that

This is exactly how I feel about it, now that it has been mentioned.
┌────────────────────
Image
Image
Image
── YOU
HAVExxxHAVE
Image
MUCHxxxMUCH
LIGHT
Image













Image










Image
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Image
GROWxTOWARDxYOU
───────────────────────────
hello! it is great to meet you. i hope th
at you're having a wonderful day. rem
ember to surround yourself with peop
le who help you branch out to be the b
eautiful tree you are. you're enough.
woops, back to me then?? haha. i am
a young adult in canada just chilling..
───────────────────────────
User avatar
smofir.
 
Posts: 25989
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:17 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby MaximumWildlife » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:03 am

socio-pathetic wrote:I want this feature removed. It may be a 'right' to some, but we've had several 'rights' IRL which were immoral and eventually removed due to how they caused more harm than good. There's a point where one must stop defending something because "it's a right everyone has" and must start questioning why that is the only line of defense that they can give for it.


In response to it being a right

We were given it, it can be taken away
Last edited by Your Conscience on Sun, Jan 14th 2018 7:42 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Reason: Think.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
.•' Image | Image | Image| Image | Image '•.
User avatar
MaximumWildlife
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:22 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby motherofpearl » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:12 am

It is a privilege, yes.

Think of it this way. You have a basket full of perfectly good stuffed animals. Would you throw them in the trash for no reason at all or give them away to a kid that would enjoy dressing them up and looking at them.

Just give them away. It is the right thing to do.
"You have not lived today until you have done something
for someone who can never repay you."
User avatar
motherofpearl
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:54 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby Nicole » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:35 am

MaximumWildlife wrote:
socio-pathetic wrote:I want this feature removed. It may be a 'right' to some, but we've had several 'rights' IRL which were immoral and eventually removed due to how they caused more harm than good. There's a point where one must stop defending something because "it's a right everyone has" and must start questioning why that is the only line of defense that they can give for it.


In response to it being a right

We were given it, it can be taken away


Why should this feature be taken away if some people still use it? Everyone that supports this has an argument that is "oh but why delete it when you can give it to someone else and make them happy" or some sort. If you really want this feature to be removed, a strong argument that shows that harm is being caused would be needed because using the argument "give the pet to someone else" just sounds desperate for free pets. Sure, free pets could make someone happy but that would mean more spam in the free adoption forum (as there are a lot already) and a hassle to users that just simply don't want the pet.



motherofpearl wrote:It is a privilege, yes.

Think of it this way. You have a basket full of perfectly good stuffed animals. Would you throw them in the trash for no reason at all or give them away to a kid that would enjoy dressing them up and looking at them.

Just give them away. It is the right thing to do.


A player should have the right to do what ever they want with their pets. There is no "right" or "wrong" thing to do. A user may delete all their pets instead of doing giveaways to not get in all the hassle. I've done giveaways before, and there is a ridiculous amount of greedy users that just try to trade for your pets and keep on sending trades even though you said to only bump the thread, so some people would just delete and leave. There has been no major problem with the delete button and some users actually use it, thus I don't support.
Image
Image
.
.

Nicole • March 1 • She/Her
Need Help? Feel free to PM me c:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Guides | Good trade thread♥ | Current Auction
User avatar
Nicole
 
Posts: 3172
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:24 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby motherofpearl » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:42 am

Say most or all true date pets wind up deleted.
Then what? There are only so many on the site.

Re-releases exist, but many users find true dates valuable. They have as much risk of being permanately erased as the re-releases.

If the option is removed now, then many pets can stick around.

And you don't have to go through any hassle to get rid of pets. Send them to the pound or directly to other users. Not all users are greedy. And it takes just as much effort to do that than it would to individually delete each pet..
"You have not lived today until you have done something
for someone who can never repay you."
User avatar
motherofpearl
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:54 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby Nicole » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:46 am

motherofpearl wrote:Say most or all true date pets wind up deleted.
Then what? There are only so many on the site.

Re-releases exist, but many users find true dates valuable. They have as much risk of being permanately erased as the re-releases.

If the option is removed now, then many pets can stick around.

I don't see your point though? So what if "true dates" were deleted? There are many on the site and not everyone will delete it. Users whom delete pets could be quitting users. They might giveaway all the valuable pets and just delete the less valuable ones. It all depends on the user that wishes to delete the function. There is nothing harmful about deleting true date pets. It just makes the game more interessting because people would have more competition in trading.
Image
Image
.
.

Nicole • March 1 • She/Her
Need Help? Feel free to PM me c:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Guides | Good trade thread♥ | Current Auction
User avatar
Nicole
 
Posts: 3172
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:24 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby MaximumWildlife » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 am

MaximumWildlife wrote:But the thing is, though I’m new, what I’ve gathered is its by chance? One cannot help the fact the website is growing, which is a fantastic thing! Trying to make pets rarer takes away from so many people who want to have fun, after all its just a game. It’s supposed to be fun, easy to collect most pets. If you want a challenge, hoard something or go after lists. Got all the lists? Great! Try your luck at finding those pesky rare items no one talks about. Got everything? Hoard something and get on the CS leaderboards. Bored with that? Be a part of the oekaki or role play community. Not your style? Hoard mass amounts of all pets and give them away in an orderly fashion. There’s so much to do, I don’t see the point in deleting pets to make them rarer.


Things to do if the deletion button goes away ^

Honestly, no new points are being brought up at this time

In the end, it’s up to Tess and the other staff to decide if it’s a good idea or not.
Last edited by Your Conscience on Sun, Jan 14th 2018 7:42 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Reason: Think.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
.•' Image | Image | Image| Image | Image '•.
User avatar
MaximumWildlife
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:22 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Return to CS Help, Suggestions, and Problems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Burrito Bunny and 0 guests