Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
14%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
70%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 1038

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby Eaglespirit » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:09 pm

I honestly don't get the 'It can be used for bullying' response.
If you give a gift, its no longer yours, by giving it you relinquish your 'rights' to it. You have no more control over it. And if they decide to delete a valuable pet out of spite, that's their loss now, not yours. You should understand that before even giving it

Like if you donate a blanket you handknitted, you can't get upset if they use it as a rug. Or a tablecloth. Or even to line an animals litterbox. You donated it. It is theirs now, they can use it however they please
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:19 pm

I do not aim to guilt trip anyone at all! I don't mind if you've used the delete feature. It's there and available and times have changed over the years, etc as well as differing opinions of course. It would be silly for me to get upset about it.

Heck, I've even deleted a pet before (my first pet even, T-T) because when I joined I wondered if it would be possible to adopt another monthly if I deleted one (rip me).

I've just seen a lot of hurt and drama caused by this, and no effective benefits at least in my experience.

@bullying- it is different if they contact you off site and hold your hand knit blanket in front of your face while they burn it, laughing. Perhaps you do not feel this way, but it can be extremely hurtful if you give something to someone as a sign of gratitude and they destroy it purposefully, and they make sure you know about it. It has nothing to do with having lasting control over the pet. It's a matter of the message behind the action.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Finalized » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Personally I don't support this.

There are many groups of users on CS who participate in projects to delete pets that they are wanting to become rare, or overpopulating CS. They do this so that the rarity tag will eventually become one tag rarer than it was previously. The deleting button causing "harm" is just like hoarders who don't dare trade off their dozens of variety labeled pets. What are the chances of a massive hoarder/pet collector trading off their favorite valuable hoards versus users deleting pets? Either way, at some point, they will be in circulation again. Whether it be through the hoarder quitting, getting banned, trading, or simply just gifting. This also follows with the pets that were deleted. December 18th event will soon then get those pets back into circulation.

As for the argument regarding people trading their favorite Dog away to someone, and having them delete it, keep in mind that once you trade it off it is no longer in your control. You have no right whatsoever to harass someone for deleting a pet they were given, or even traded by you.
Finalized

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:48 pm

Eaglespirit wrote:I honestly don't get the 'It can be used for bullying' response.
If you give a gift, its no longer yours, by giving it you relinquish your 'rights' to it. You have no more control over it. And if they decide to delete a valuable pet out of spite, that's their loss now, not yours. You should understand that before even giving it

Like if you donate a blanket you handknitted, you can't get upset if they use it as a rug. Or a tablecloth. Or even to line an animals litterbox. You donated it. It is theirs now, they can use it however they please

Many people give out their hearts and kindness when they give a gift, therefore it can be highly offensive when the gift is used in a negative way. It's similar to taking advantage of someone almost, as you take something someone has given you lovingly and treat it like trash, symbolizing you treating them as if they were trash. THATS why it is painful when people misuse gifts. I hope this made sense.
Last edited by Soarora on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

ImageImage .-|Image |-.ImageImage
Originally MaximumWildlife
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stelpup » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Support!
Like what if someone was quitting and didn't donate their pets for but for some reason deleted all off them?? Like old valuables?
Somebody could just get mad and delete old rares!
-stellapup, creator of smitten kittens.
click to adopt yours today

ImageImage
stelpup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Finalized wrote:
Personally I don't support this.

There are many groups of users on CS who participate in projects to delete pets that they are wanting to become rare, or overpopulating CS. They do this so that the rarity tag will eventually become one tag rarer than it was previously. The deleting button causing "harm" is just like hoarders who don't dare trade off their dozens of variety labeled pets. What are the chances of a massive hoarder/pet collector trading off their favorite valuable hoards versus users deleting pets? Either way, at some point, they will be in circulation again. Whether it be through the hoarder quitting, getting banned, trading, or simply just gifting. This also follows with the pets that were deleted. December 18th event will soon then get those pets back into circulation.

As for the argument regarding people trading their favorite Dog away to someone, and having them delete it, keep in mind that once you trade it off it is no longer in your control. You have no right whatsoever to harass someone for deleting a pet they were given, or even traded by you.

The 18th only aims to give rares, most pets on CS are not rares. I don't support hoarding either (unless they're items that are actually used), especially of high-demand pets. Though I understand why some people do it, I do not understand all of them, and I definitely don't understand the need to delete pets.

--edit
Also, about the pet population, the deleting pet thing won't work, like other people said above. As well as this, there are more people joining CS very day, and those pets may be wanted by them as well! I honestly do not see many OMGSC or old commons/uncommons, though seeing newer ones makes a lot of sense as they become old, go up in worth, and are traded away/hoarded/lost due to people liking the pets, or leaving the site without giving out anything.
ImageImage

ImageImage .-|Image |-.ImageImage
Originally MaximumWildlife
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby socio-pathetic » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Support this immensely for multiple reasons.

1) Scammers use deletion as a way to hide their wrongdoings.
2) People deleting gift trades rather than giving them back because they feel like acting petty, thus ruining someone else's day.
3) People deleting their pets when leaving the game because they feel like new players should have to 'earn' those rares or stores. I can't believe this one even exists. If you're leaving the game, give someone your pets or send them to the pound. You're not going to use them anymore; someone else will love and cherish them just as much as you have. Deleting them with the mentality of if I can't have them nobody can! is destroying the economy and making it super hard for new players to get anywhere.
4) This is the one that really makes me support getting rid of deletion. Artificial rarity. People deleting lots of good pets in order to (try) and make their few pets rare. This hurts the economy terribly. If someone is doing this, they are destroying a newer player's chances of getting that pet. They're simply increasing the rarity of the pet they have. I've never seen an artificial rarity project planning to delete a bunch of pets and then send the few remaining 'rare' pets to the pound for everyone to have a fair shot at. I have, however, seen them doing it to increase their own rarity. This isn't alright at all. It's just ripping pets away from people who will actually love to have them in order for a few people to become more rare. The game's not meant to become some sort of monopoly.

I don't mean this to sound 'guilt-trippy' and it isn't. These are things I've seen ingame and have seen people defend.

I want this feature removed. It may be a 'right' to some, but we've had several 'rights' IRL which were immoral and eventually removed due to how they caused more harm than good. There's a point where one must stop defending something because "it's a right everyone has" and must start questioning why that is the only line of defense that they can give for it.

Atheist! Animal rights activist and vegetarian.

ich lerne deutsch und wenn du willst kannst du mit mir reden :D
socio-pathetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:34 am

I support for all the reasons already stated. I feel it's not really needed much anymore and there's plenty of ways to get rid of pets if you don't want them.

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cad bane » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:14 am

Support! Also- what if we replaced "delete this pet" option with a "send to the pound" option?
cad bane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:54 am

Support.
I just personally think that, if people don't want their pets any more, they can give them away, or to the pound. Or, if they want to leave CS altogether, just leave their account to sit there and become inactive.

At the very least, not being able to delete store pets seems reasonable to me, purely because they aren't re-released.

current collection goals; owls - guineas

beep boop

❝ ~~~~~ ❞

I'm Birchii (a.k.a Birch); I'm a big fan of cats, owls,
reading, kpop, and gaming! Pronouns are she/they~

You can find me on FlightRising (168475) and
DapperVolk (29742) with the same username as well

Have a wonderful day!
xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Birchii

My pets
My items