Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
15%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
70%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 975

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby nyanine » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:58 pm

In what way would it be "greedy"? Honestly, just think about the people who just joined.

The removal of the ability to delete pets would deprive users of a basic feature. I feel like a lot of people supporting this are scared that users are going to delete high demand pets and take them out of circulation. Often times, though, pets being deleted are uncommon and below. The absence of a few pets out of the thousand on the site would not harm the economy. And even if a pet is labeled very rare, there can be hundreds of that pet on the site. Deleting is similar to list hoarding; it is taking pets out of circulation. I would say list hoarding can be more major, as it can become one user taking, say, 20 valuable pets out of circulation, rather than deleting a few. *no offense to any hoarders or list hoarders! sorry*[/quote]
I’m not even thinking about people deleting 'rares'. I don’t care about them that much. My reasoning is, it’s one less pet that could be given to someone who really wanted it.
nyanine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby v1s10ns » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:59 pm

Slushy. wrote:Are there other solutions than deleting the pets? I know it would take too long and it's aggravating to wait for the pound/someone to accept it, so as someone else said, put the unwanted pets in a group just for them? And of course, avoid adopting any of the pets you have a phobia of.

But say someone gifted you a few pets, and one has a lineart of something you have a phobia of. Declining a gift or editing it to a pet you like better is often seen as very rude. I would hate to do that to someone who was just trying to be nice. But have you also thought about developing a phobia after having owned the pet for a long time? Not all phobias take years to develop; life changing events can happen in seconds. It's not like anyone with a phobia would go out of their way to adopt a pet of their phobia, after all. As someone who has had PTSD in the past, I can guarantee that something as simple as an image or "pixel pet" can trigger an episode.
Last edited by v1s10ns on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
achitoki#9447
v1s10ns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyanine » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:01 pm

What’s one example of a pet you have a phobia of? Spiders? They aren’t usually gifted, I think you’re safe with that.
nyanine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:12 pm

a lot of the people against it seem to be afraid of high value lists being deleted. But just think about that for a moment, how much time, effort, and fodder it would take to delete mainlists.
Even if it were a 'rich' player, with lots of list fodder, they would soon run out and have deleted very few. And most get re-released anyway (actually that might make new players more likely to get them on Dec 18th if more had to be released)
Yeah theres still the issue of store pets, thats the only exception Id have, but as its been pointed out store pets were meant to be special gifts and whoever worked hard to afford them has the right to delete them.

And the new player argument seems silly to me. I was new just one year ago and built my fortune mainly on VC,C, and UC (with the very occassional rare. Thanks Shian, he he) All things that are more commonly donated or pounded rather than deleted. There's still plenty of people who run adoption centers and giveaways even with the delete button at their disposal.
Getting rid of it wont change that
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Romeo Montagu » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Blackcat110 wrote:What’s one example of a pet you have a phobia of? Spiders? They aren’t usually gifted, I think you’re safe with that.

My friend (who shall remain nameless) has major panic attacks at the mere sight of dogs. An event happened (not discussable on CS) which ruined her. She has panic attacks at the sound of a dog, which is nothing compared to the sight of one. So yes, dogs are often in gifts (being one of the most commonly liked and distributed pet on here, along side cats) and people can have phobias of them.
Romeo Montagu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:30 pm

The delete button isn’t a “basic feature”

Games like this typically do not have that feature, I was horrified when I saw that it existed when I joined.

It would be nice if there was a way to mark pets as not viewable, since it’s possible to adopt them, the pound, and not all people read trade rules. Maybe when other users are in a trade with them, there’s an error that says “That user has that species blocked”

Then people with phobias will not have to ever see or have those pets, without anyone deleting them
ImageImage

ImageImage .-|Image |-.ImageImage
Originally MaximumWildlife
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyanine » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:31 pm

MaximumWildlife wrote:The delete button isn’t a “basic feature”

Games like this typically do not have that feature, I was horrified when I saw that it existed when I joined.

It would be nice if there was a way to mark pets as not viewable, since it’s possible to adopt them, the pound, and not all people read trade rules. Maybe when other users are in a trade with them, there’s an error that says “That user has that species blocked”

Then people with phobias will not have to ever see or have those pets, without anyone deleting them

I agree with you, although what’s worse is that a bunch of games have a "kill" feature.
nyanine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inky Yeehaw » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:31 pm

No support.

I prefer the ability to delete my many omgsocommons/verycommons/ect, or for whatever reason I prefer to delete my pet. Pets are released on Dec 18 anyway according to the variation needed to stimulate/support the economy. The function is there, though the reason behind it is no longer current. If Tess/Nick wanted it removed, didn't want users having control of a pet being on their account in that manner, they would have removed it by now.

People are worried that 'high value' pets are going to be deleted. I mean sure one salty player might do that but do you honestly believe several CS users are just going to decide "welp, time to delete my list pets and cause an economic crash?" I mean, really? really?

If someone deletes a pet because of an argument, oh well? They lost the pet that was on their account. They lost the value, no one else. If they continue to hunt down pets to delete from a certain player report it for harassment.

And remember, already a HUGE amount of users don't use it. A user has the right not to use it if they don't want to. No one is forcing them to delete pets. But you shouldn't take that function away from users who do regularly use it, or wish to continue using it.

Other adopt games have this feature. Off the top of my head, Lioden lets you kill/chase away lions, Flight Rising lets you exalt them. Leayph also has something similar. Both "remove" the "pets" from existence exception of recorded data/code. Heck something old as Nintendo Dogs lets you "remove" pets from their games, never to be recovered again. This isn't something unique to CS, lots of games do this.
Please do not send me flashing gifs! I have epilepsy, and they could hurt me physically. Thank you!

If you're looking for the REAL Sinbreaker I'm not them. I'm related to them and holding their username on their request. You can call me Katie, Staff or Asmodeus!
Inky Yeehaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:35 pm

Banana:Snake wrote:No support.

I prefer the ability to delete my many omgsocommons/verycommons/ect, or for whatever reason I prefer to delete my pet. Pets are released on Dec 18 anyway according to the variation needed to stimulate/support the economy. The function is there, though the reason behind it is no longer current. If Tess/Nick wanted it removed, didn't want users having control of a pet being on their account in that manner, they would have removed it by now.

People are worried that 'high value' pets are going to be deleted. I mean sure one salty player might do that but do you honestly believe several CS users are just going to decide "welp, time to delete my list pets and cause an economic crash?" I mean, really? really?

If someone deletes a pet because of an argument, oh well? They lost the pet that was on their account. They lost the value, no one else. If they continue to hunt down pets to delete from a certain player report it for harassment.

And remember, already a HUGE amount of users don't use it. A user has the right not to use it if they don't want to. No one is forcing them to delete pets. But you shouldn't take that function away from users who do regularly use it, or wish to continue using it.

Other adopt games have this feature. Off the top of my head, Lioden lets you kill/chase away lions, Flight Rising lets you exalt them. Leayph also has something similar. Both "remove" the "pets" from existence exception of recorded data/code. Heck something old as Nintendo Dogs lets you "remove" pets from their games, never to be recovered again. This isn't something unique to CS, lots of games do this.

Yes, it’s Tess’ and Nick’s decision, but since this is a community based site (or so it seems) they probably want to have the majority saying yes to what their opinion is

In those games you can breed pets, you cannot so that here
ImageImage

ImageImage .-|Image |-.ImageImage
Originally MaximumWildlife
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inky Yeehaw » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:41 pm

MaximumWildlife wrote:
Banana:Snake wrote:No support.

Yes, it’s Tess’ and Nick’s decision, but since this is a community based site (or so it seems) they probably want to have the majority saying yes to what their opinion is

In those games you can breed pets, you cannot so that here

The majority who want it gone don't use the button, so why remove it from the players who use it for their own uses? It's already a small player base, who don't actively come out saying "I'm deleting these pets and you can't stop me" its more for their personal use. So why take it away from those few who already don't effect the economy?

And so? breedable or not those are pet collecting games too. And the option exist there too. Just like the option to give away freely is also able. Users should be able to choose what they want to do with the pet they adopted/received/trade.

"Once the pet is on your account, it is yours./Once you trade away the pet, it is theirs." comes into play here. If I want to be able to delete my pet, with the function that exist currently, I should be able too.

If people are allowed to Hoard pets, which """damages""" the economy, why can we not delete pets too? It's the same concept in a sense. These pets are out of circulation. And if I recall correctly, there is rules in place saying you can't bother a hoarder for hoarding. So why bother a deleter for deleting and removing their gameplay functionality?
Please do not send me flashing gifs! I have epilepsy, and they could hurt me physically. Thank you!

If you're looking for the REAL Sinbreaker I'm not them. I'm related to them and holding their username on their request. You can call me Katie, Staff or Asmodeus!
Inky Yeehaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me