Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
14%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
70%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 1031

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby KittyKorn » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:02 am

support

Hoarding pets designed by Swiftalu!

My Art Shop
My DeviantArt
My Toyhou.se

Wolfswelpe, DoktorNice and me live together,
so we use the same IP, I hope it's okay.

★ Art made by Wolfswelpe

Image Image
KittyKorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soloee » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:05 am

Support <3
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
sHi, I'm Soloee <3 I love to draw,
xlwatch Youtube and play games
xxlike cs. I actually started to
xxplay cs November 15th 2017.
wHope to see you around friend!
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━──┙

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xI am a picky trader, but that's because
LxxI find it hard to give away my pets.
lxxTrades are still welcome any time :)

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
┍≫ ──━━ ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ━━── ≪┑
xxxDappervolkFlight RisingToyhouse
┕─━━━━━━━━━━━━─━━─┙

┍━━━━━━━━┑
bxx𝓢𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓮𝓮
xllShe/her • Norway
┕━━━━━━━━┙
┍━━━━━━━━┑
xl"It's a weird thing,
xxxxwe call it life"

┕━━━━━━━━┙
Soloee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DizzyGlitchez » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:06 am

Half support, half no support.
I have seen some people doing the Artificial Rarity project, but I do understand stuff such as this button being used by scammers and people who want to hurt others.
DizzyGlitchez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:06 am

MaximumWildlife wrote:I cannot form a conclusion on if I am correct or not because all you people have given me are breeding games.

So, your only example of a site that does not have a delete button is a breeeding game, yet you want examples on not breeeding games?
... Alright, again,
Eldemore, Mystfell, dragcave, valenth, sqiby, petadoptables, aywas, subtea, valenth.....
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:33 am

Shian wrote:
MaximumWildlife wrote:I cannot form a conclusion on if I am correct or not because all you people have given me are breeding games.

So, your only example of a site that does not have a delete button is a breeeding game, yet you want examples on not breeeding games?
... Alright, again,
Eldemore, Mystfell, dragcave, valenth, sqiby, petadoptables, aywas, subtea, valenth.....

("subtea" isn't turning up results on the search engine, but "subeta" is)
(dragcave has breeding)
(you listed valenth twice)
(I think you meant squiby)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:28 am

Yes, dragcave has breeding but it's not required. The majority of my cave is first gen pets just like aywas.
You can play the whole game just collecting pets and not one breeding. In aywas, you have to pay RL money for the tokens to breed the pets so the majority of gameplay is finding pets on your own. That's why those are listed. Remember this is still to the point that deleting pets is a basic function of most pet collecting sites.
ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:22 am

nickjr wrote:I'm not sure why it matters that they're breeding games?

If we're going to get into the philosophy of the delete button (i.e. debating whether or not sites should have it) then that's a little outside the scope of this thread

Also it kinda hurts that you literally said "It doesn't matter if the minority that uses it wants it here, if the majority wants it gone it will be." Next time please make it look less like this is saying the minority doesn't matter just because they're a minority and that majority rules just because they're a majority

The minority matters, you do as well, I’m sorry if I’ve hurt you. In the end it’s however Tess and Nick decide it to be, whether they base it on majority or not.

Breeding allows infinite new pixels at any time

I’ve only played 1 pet collecting game before this, I made up the point of most not having that and I apologize. I have other things to do and would prefer to not do extensive research on this topic. Which yes, is funny considering I’m arguing a point but eh.

I am semi neutral at this point, though I still believe the delete button shouldn’t be. Granted, I was anti-hoarder and now I’m starting my first hoard. You can stop discussing this point now.
ImageImage

ImageImage .-|Image |-.ImageImage
Originally MaximumWildlife
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:44 am

MaximumWildlife wrote:Breeding allows infinite new pixels at any time

So like how I can get 1-3 kids out of my FR imperials every 30 days that won't even be the same color if the parents aren't the exact same... just like the 30-120 pets we get every month here on CS instead of 1-3....

Every game that allows breeding most certainly does not allow infinite breeding at any time. There's cooldowns or other limiting factors like only being able to keep so many of them at a time because of space or needing resources to feed creatures. If I don't have space in lair on FR, I can breed my dragons, but I can't get the new dragons until I delete or give away enough space for the litter to hatch.

Thankfully here on CS, we don't have those restrictions and can keep as many as we want.
Edit: Arguably this makes CS more to the point of infinite pixels at any time since we can click a button whenever we like and get a pet until that adoption limit is reached. Adopt All the pets at the same time or get a new one every single day as long as it's done before the end of the month.

I encourage you to consider looking at what some of the other pet games actually do instead of guessing and giving false information. It's getting quite confusing.
ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0000007 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:10 pm

no support. since the option is already here, i think we should continue to have the freedom to do what we want with the pets. for the people referencing the scammers as support, why is that fair to the players who enjoy and use this feature? scammers will do as they will. i dont think its fair to remove it because of something i didnt do nor am involved in. if someone gave you a pet, you arent in control of how they react to what you do. i dont think its something to complain about. for example, when people complain about someone trading away gifts. maybe them trading it is benefitting them, it doesnt always mean anyone is less thankful or displeased with it. its just a different perspective and form of enjoyment, really.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onakra » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:46 am

So I posted earlier, and I've read through many of the arguments, and I see a lot of interesting points (good ones), so I'm actually in between now:

- freedom of choice/ unnecessary thing to change (basic feature)/ minority matters
    + no real reason for it since so few use it/ majority over minority
    - panic attacks/ pound takes too long to take it away
    + think of the new people who have had no chance at those oldies!
    - it's my pet, not yours, don't be greedy
    + it's a horrid thought for a kid site
    - Dec 18 rerelease means they don't stay dead/ store pets do though, take it off
    + has the ability to hurt the economy (though that's a reach)

I know on DragCave, there's a release button, and they become wild/strays, or the kill button, where they either avoid your blade or look at you heartbroken ("You take your blade and stab the hatchling, watching the life slowly leave its eyes as it stares at you, wondering why you betrayed it"). For zombies mostly.

Perhaps just change the name so it sounds better? Release if it stays undeleted but becomes a stray and the pound picks it up later, or actually gets deleted and "release" it to the digital void?
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImageImageImage
I am a holibomber! || I have gifted 77 people. || I have received 44 gifts.
onakra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me