Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
15%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
69%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 973

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby Soarora » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:54 am

turtle, wrote:
MaximumWildlife wrote:Tbh OMGSC aren’t even that common, you’d be expecting to see them everywhere. I’ve seen like 3

a little off topic, but you don't see a lot of pets that are omgsc because there aren't a lot of pets with that rarity tag. without checking, I'm pretty sure there are more pets that are omgsr than there are pets that are omgsc. so the pets are extremely common, but the rarity tag itself isn't.

I’ve seen like 3 omgsc pets, as in I’ve seen 3 whole pets with the omgsc tag

Not I’ve seen 3 types of omgsc

If that makes any sense

Still don’t support the deletion button, and I don’t support some types of hoarding as well so don’t use that argument
ImageImage

ImageImage .-|Image |-.ImageImage
Originally MaximumWildlife
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:09 am

Tess hoards Nick pets, so I'd say hoarding is a valid way to play the game. You don't have to like it, but it's kinda hard to deny that hoarding is a valid way to play the game. Therefore the hoarding argument does hold at least some water.

If you want to pull apart the hoarding argument then you should focus on how hoarded pets still exist
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:02 pm

nickjr wrote:Tess hoards Nick pets, so I'd say hoarding is a valid way to play the game.

If you want to pull apart the hoarding argument then you should focus on how hoarded pets still exist

Didn’t say hoarding was wrong, I just don’t support some types of it. For example, hoards with 10 pages of vrs

But it’s understandable and they can do that if they want, I’m not going to tell anyone to not hoard

Like you said, they still do exist as pets
ImageImage

ImageImage .-|Image |-.ImageImage
Originally MaximumWildlife
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyanine » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:47 am

I support removing it. To me, it just seems weird- like killing it!

And, I mean, why not give your unwanted pets to new players, friends, or even the pound? Even your most unwanted Very Common might be someone else's favorite pet! There’s really no good reason to keep the 'delete' option.
nyanine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Deleting isn't killing. Its erasing a non living copy. Like destroying a book or video you made. Nothing living is harmed.. Its easy for us to anthropomorphisize non living objects like a car or a coffee machine. Its easier when its lines on a piece of paper shaped like something actually alive in our world. But at the end of the day, those lines are not alive at all. Even if CS Pets were animated and had some AI, they still aren't alive. (AI is still a ways away from becoming anything more than just a robot).

I still don't think deleting is depriving anyone else anymore than hoarding or inactive accounts. I actually think hoarding is the biggest obstacle you face when obtaining pets because anyone can do it. But hoarding is fine on CS. And with the way CS is nowadays, it seems like deleting is seldom done anyways.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyanine » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Obius wrote:Deleting isn't killing. Its erasing a non living copy. Like destroying a book or video you made. Nothing living is harmed.. Its easy for us to anthropomorphisize non living objects like a car or a coffee machine. Its easier when its lines on a piece of paper shaped like something actually alive in our world. But at the end of the day, those lines are not alive at all. Even if CS Pets were animated and had some AI, they still aren't alive. (AI is still a ways away from becoming anything more than just a robot).

I still don't think deleting is depriving anyone else anymore than hoarding or inactive accounts. I actually think hoarding is the biggest obstacle you face when obtaining pets because anyone can do it. But hoarding is fine on CS. And with the way CS is nowadays, it seems like deleting is seldom done anyways.

Note that I said "LIKE". And there is a difference between a coffee machine and a sketch of a dog that you adopt and watch grow. You probably don’t think of them as anywhere close to real, but I (having no real pets) do. Also, I wouldn’t bother trying to convince me to change my vote- I’m pretty set on removing the delete button.
nyanine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:51 pm

I support this! It makes sense for pets to go to a better home rather than just being erased.
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onakra » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:40 am

My two cents as someone who's only found CS a few months ago (through the Dragon Cave forum no less): in the beginning, my main collecting option was the free adoptions. I had no pets to trade with, and so all I could look for was pets that people no longer wanted or were quitting, and build up my own collection slowly.

I'd like to collect all eventually, but I also am pretty sure I'll probably never get all the old rares just because I just don't have the mass quantity of rares to compete. Which is fine (I'm not lamenting, just giving a newcomer's POV). I'm not greedy just because I want free pets - I am adopting unwanted pets, and I don't have the time-build-up here where I have a ton of old rares to trade for that one dream pet from long time ago. Unless you want like 100 uncommons and like 300 commons (that everyone already has) . . :D

The fact is, I don't see much point in the delete button, especially when you have other options to clear space. Besides, a bunch of people have to delete the same pet in order to change its rarity, and unless it's like some flashmob-level coordination, I'm not sure how it'll happen.

TL:DR There will always be newcomers who don't have those unwanted pets and no way initially to trade for them. Maybe they can build up to get them later, but there's always someone who wants that pet, even the most common ones. Think of the pets!
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImageImageImage
I am a holibomber! || I have gifted 77 people. || I have received 43 gifts.
onakra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fishstix. » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:06 pm

Support, but deleting isn't really like killing and I've heard a lot of these comments.
A lot of newer players will probably delete their pets instead of trading them which they might regret in the future, so deleting the option would prevent that.
fishstix.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theupsidedown » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:11 pm

Full support on this! It makes no sense to just delete them in my opinion, there could be someone out there looking high and low for a specific pet that someone deleted.
✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Image▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰
zero ⋆ she/her ⋆ ♌ leo ⋆ INFP
theupsidedown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me