Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
15%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
70%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 975

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby Eaglespirit » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Birb wrote:
Romeo Montagu wrote:I think what they are saying is it should be kept if the pets are being deleted for a cause I.e not just to delete them

How would the system even work to tell the difference, though? If it were programmed to allow deletion of only that specific outcome of pony used in the thread, for example, that would pretty much be official sitewide endorsement of a usermade, unofficial project, which is not very fair at all.

In my opinion it should either be all or nothing. No pet is more or less special enough that it deserves to be deleted when other pets are not.

Maybe have the delete option for rare and under but not for VR and OMGSR
That would make all the people complaining about people deleting URs (Which I highly doubt EVER happens) happy
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wonderlands×Showtime » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:11 am

I support! When you delete a pet, you can NEVER get it back. Meaning there will forever be 1 less of that pet (or more.) If you don't want that pet, donate it for the Pound- or gift it! No pet desevers to be deleted.
Wonderlands×Showtime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FANTASIIIA » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:12 am

I once almost clicked delete this pet instead of rename, nearly had a heart attack.

" All it costs is your love!! "
    Welcome! I am quite friendly and I love chatting as well as meeting new friends.
    [she/he/they][INFJ][©]
FANTASIIIA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SolsticeTheBanana » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:19 am

Support! Even though the delete option kinda makes sense, I feel it is better for the community not to have it. Using it is just one less of that pet, and if a quiting user, who has been on here for a while uses it, and they have a ton of valuable pets, they would just be getting rid of them, instead of giving them to people who would really appreciate it. Not to mention you could click it on accident, and lose something you didn't even want to :c

𝘔𝘺 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘦'𝘴 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳
𝘏𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳
𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘱𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴
SolsticeTheBanana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:47 am

SolsticeTheBanana wrote:Not to mention you could click it on accident, and lose something you didn't even want to :c

There is no possibility of an accident. Deleting a pet requires clicking two checkboxes and a final "I'm sure" button.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:43 pm

Its not really your business to tell me what I can and cannot do with my pets. Only Tess and Co. Can decide what freedoms, or lack of can be done with my pets. I hope she leaves it in there. Its still a game. And I stand by the fact that letting pets rot, or hoarding is more damaging than any delete button. Fortunately for you, I don't perma hoard. But what will I do with my pets should I part? Thats for me to decide when the time comes.

Actually I wonder if staff can mass delete your pets upon request. It would be a great way to go out with a bang haha!
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:47 pm

1. Some people make it like we have to donate or give away our pets. I don't like to be pressured into doing anything. I am sure others do not. Deleting is less convenient than giving away. But its still a choice in this virtual pixel trading game. Should that choice go away, I can still log off forever which is the same thing (pet denial)

2. Delete isn't permanent.... Yes you read that correctly. It isn't (well mostly). Because of December 18th rereleases that affect 99.97% (well once they get to rare+) of all pets on CS. No one will ever delete enough to completely erase a pet from existence (its pretty much impossible). And even if they do, guess what we will get extras of next Christmas!...

The only pets that can be deleted permanently are store pets. But since they are all headed to oblivion anyways, what does it matter if some get trashed now? If you missed the chance to buy them, it means no store pets for you (unless you trade for them). If you didn't try trading when they were in circulation, then you don't get any. If the last surviving ultra rare store pet owners die and the accounts go cold because the passwords were lost? No more of those store pets ever for anyone. (Unless CS itself changes its stance on super old store pets.)

Permanently hoarding (meaning you will never trade them ever no matter the offer) is the same as going inactive forever. No one can get them anymore. Actually hoarding can be worse since their accounts are still active. And this means fewer to no rereleases. That translates to very hard to get even though the pet may be "just a rare". And greed is the reason why pets get so costly. Not some seldom used feature most people overlook. Deleting is more self gratification than anything. I don't even think deleting means an unrecoverable pet as the staff have backup records of everything. So it can't be much of a harassment tool anyways.

3. I know that. But sometimes the way people act with their self entitlement complex pushes me to want to delete than just share. Cause they are ungrateful or just plain rude. Its why most just leave without so much as a pet/item. Cause the current climate drove them away.

Extra: Besides I am a sacrificer and the CS gods must be appeased! *prep sacrifice machine*
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Obius wrote:Its not really your business to tell me what I can and cannot do with my pets. Only Tess and Co. Can decide what freedoms, or lack of can be done with my pets. I hope she leaves it in there. Its still a game. And I stand by the fact that letting pets rot, or hoarding is more damaging than any delete button. Fortunately for you, I don't perma hoard. But what will I do with my pets should I part? Thats for me to decide when the time comes.

Actually I wonder if staff can mass delete your pets upon request. It would be a great way to go out with a bang haha!

Do not support for the reasons I quoted.
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Support! I don't like the fact that people want to delete a bunch of pets just to try and make them rare.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby YourLocalBreadDealer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:25 pm

Support to an extent.
Maybe we could have an option to remove the delete option if they want to? That way people have free will and
Some people accidentally delete the pets that they love.

I personally never wanna use the delete button because even though i'm new they mean a lot to me no matter the rarity.

Or maybe an option to recover pets theyve deleted so its not permanently deleted. Like an undo button for like 50 seconds after you delete it so if its a mistake you can fix it.
don't be flippin' rude

also

good things come to those who ARKARKARKARKARK

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 12 people.
I have received 10 gifts.
YourLocalBreadDealer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes