Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
14%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
70%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 1031

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby vine staff » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:30 am

support

i agree with Brightheart~
......Image
roblox | flight rising | youtube | lioden | ©
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
꧁༺nature prevails! ༻꧂

sage - she/her - adult
autistic and adhd haver
huge dinosaur and pokemon fan
oh and i rlly like phighting + tf2
pfp is by @murathefool on twt :3

ImageImageImageImageImage
vine staff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:26 pm

No support. I really see no real reason to remove it. - removed-

If you are that sensitive as to what someone does with the pet you gave them. Don't give your pet away. Its that simple.

Also its JUST A GAME. NONE of the virtual pets are alive and no amount of fantasizing will make them anything more than just a bunch of pixels on a hard drive somewhere... If anything, this helps make pets more valuble as the number of pets deleted is almost incalculable. I think there are too many common pets anyways. And unless Tess says that deleting rares will alter the numbers for re-releases, its a really good chance deleting rare+ pets will do absolutely nothing.

I have deleted pets before and am not afraid to admit it (cause you know.. its just a game. And people like me make little difference really. So why should you care?). Its mostly stress relief aimed at clicking at that common right next to a list pet. This happened twice so far in the 6 years I have been on here. Not a bad record if I do say so myself :)
Last edited by Simon on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please try to be more respectful to our staff
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:46 pm

MaximumWildlife wrote:I support, in reality the pets aren’t even ours to delete.

They belong to ChickenSmoothie, we’re just players in the game!

Quoting this because I feel like it’s an important point. We shouldn’t have the choice to delete them as we literally do not own them. You can’t take someone else’s dog with or without permission and let it free in the woods, that’s illegal.

Also person above, about the commons

I agree, there’s a lot of commons, but honestly I feel there should be more omgscs
I barely see omgscs

But the thing is, though I’m new, what I’ve gathered is its by chance? One cannot help the fact the website is growing, which is a fantastic thing! Trying to make pets rarer takes away from so many people who want to have fun, after all its just a game. It’s supposed to be fun, easy to collect most pets. If you want a challenge, hoard something or go after lists. Got all the lists? Great! Try your luck at finding those pesky rare items no one talks about. Got everything? Hoard something and get on the CS leaderboards. Bored with that? Be a part of the oekaki or role play community. Not your style? Hoard mass amounts of all pets and give them away in an orderly fashion. There’s so much to do, I don’t see the point in deleting pets to make them rarer.
ImageImage

ImageImage .-|Image |-.ImageImage
Originally MaximumWildlife
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Support. As Birb said, even if you don't like certain pets because of their designs, there's more 'ethical' ways to get rid of pets - gifting them, trading them, donating them to the pound etc. Someone else will probably appreciate them even if you don't. Deleting pets really isn't a necessary feature of the site anymore, and I agree it can just be used to hurt others.

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Blufox » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Support, some players who don't really know the value of extremely rare pets could delete rarer store pets, hurting the CS economy by making these pets harder to find.

Also, like others, I agree with the fact that you can send your pets to the pound so someone else can enjoy them. Or, you could just gift them. Either one is better than deleting the pet.
animated by me! ref
-Blufox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:25 pm

The thing is that Tess feels we should be able to do as we wish with the pets. And this includes deleting them. She left it in there as now it doesn't make much of an impact in the grand scheme of things. Most would rather keep or give than to delete. Its such a small percentage doing it that I feel its useless to argue over. You would have to delete 10s of thousands of pets to make an impact. And greed plus the high cost of hoarding will keep this from ever happening. Also it would only be noticeable if we actually knew what the numbers are before it was attempted. But Tess won't say cause she does not wish to reveal how much she makes from Store Pets and Store Items.

Honestly the only argument that has any merit is the fact so few use it at all. But seeing as there are like 1000 more pressing matters that needs her attention (Like how we are still waiting for an item pound or a better way to sort pets or even a refined report categories), tending to this really is a waste of time.

I just don't see grieving as a reason to remove it. Its the gifted one's loss anyways. And there are back up records of pets that existed before they were deleted. Pretty sure a scam deleter won't win here unless the administrators security features suck terribly.

@Eaglespirit Thank you for catching the joke! Some people here are a little too uptight haha! XD

(I was joking that the pet looked satanic and had to be vanquished to the underworld. I never deleted one of those though. Not sure I ever will.)

-
Last edited by Simon on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: argument removed
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StrawberrySunrise » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:29 pm

I do see why people would go both sides on this little argument. And I do think everyone has really good points no matter what side you are on ~
StrawberrySunrise

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:32 pm

@Obius :D
Id also like to add to your points: if it does get to the point that some pet gets so rare and untradable that theres only a few hundred left, Im sure the staff will do something about it because there will be complaints. And it would definitely take FOREVER to get to that point. Considering all the fodder you'd need
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:34 pm

@Obius sorry if anything I said referring to you was rude! Didn’t know you were joking heheh (love your signature with the cookies by the way ;-; ever since I saw that like last month I knew you were cool)

@Scarletlightning I agree, though Tess said in the original post that it may not be as good as an idea now, since there’s so many players and limited pets

I feel like the rarity scale may need to increase somehow sometime heh
ImageImage

ImageImage .-|Image |-.ImageImage
Originally MaximumWildlife
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keina » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:38 pm

Hey no offense but these aren’t real pets.. It’s not like someone took your dog and threw it in a trash can..
Support anyway.

I feel as if after I say this I’m gonna get attacked.
▬▬▬▬(ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ)▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
current status:
┃pretty good
current mood:
┃happy
what are you doing?:
┃looking for wishlist pets.

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛
Keina

My pets