Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
14%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
70%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 1038

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby arabella !! » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:16 pm

Birb wrote:
divesaurus wrote:
smofir. wrote:I'd support this suggestion if only we can continue this project: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3454317

And see how it goes? (:

same~

That... doesn't make any sense to me? Unless I'm missing something, you're saying that you support the removal of the delete option, but only if people can continue to delete specific pets??

Ah, I apologize that this is pretty late coming. I meant if we can see how the project progresses before this option can be put into place? All that commitment put into the project shouldn't be put to waste.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sharp Glimpse » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:38 am

I support. Back when my sisters and I were new to CS, my sister had a double of a pet that she didn't want so she deleted it. Now she deeply regrets that and wishes she had just given it to the pound or some other user. I also love finding cool pet IDs, but find it sad when the pet no longer exists. Of course, this is just my opinion.

I think that it would be a good idea to replace the delete button with a button that sent your pet immediately to the pound instead of having to wait for the trade to be accepted. It's just a thought. Its all up to the admins in the end. :)
Sharp Glimpse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:02 am

Support. Perhaps a "Send to Pound" option instead of deleting?. That way people can still get rid of the pet, but it will eventually be adopted by someone else and it also won't hurt the trade economy.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Michael's Fan. » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:15 am

King Kakashi wrote:
      Support. Perhaps a "Send to Pound" option instead of deleting?. That way people can still get rid of the pet, but it will eventually be adopted by someone else and it also won't hurt the trade economy.

yeah! I 100% support that.
Instead of waiting for a pound trade, they instantly go to the pound's pets
Michael's Fan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Tue May 01, 2018 7:37 am

Support this!
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pupper.exe » Tue May 01, 2018 10:17 am

I feel like I have to mention this; everybody has only been looking on the effects on individuals that play CS. Only a select few have talked about the staff. Whenever a trade goes sour, it takes time and effort to collect evidence and see that the person really did get scammed and get their pet back. Artists put days, sometimes weeks into designs, and seeing all that effort go to the delete button is sad. If a bot gets into the site, it takes time for Tess and the other admins to sort things out, it takes days for the site to even get back online. And if the economy gets messed up, the magical December 18th fairy can't just come and poof everyone a rare. The number of rares far surpass the active accounts, and their isn't even a guarantee a certain pet will be dispersed.

pupper.exe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue May 01, 2018 10:33 am

BananaFofana wrote: it takes days for the site to even get back online.

Please point out when something like this has ever happened. I'm curious. Because CS has only been down twice for more than ten minutes in 10 years that I know of. Once for a major storm that took out the hosting sine in North Carolina and once during the 10th birthday celebration preparation. The heartbleed update too was a time the site went down but I think that was under two minutes.

BananaFofana wrote:Artists put days, sometimes weeks into designs, and seeing all that effort go to the delete button is sad.

I'm sure that artists don't keep a database of all pet IDs that are their art and they pine over one deleted pet out of hundreds of thousands of copies. There's always going to be someone that dosen't like a design. For every one of those there are many others that adore it.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby etriers » Tue May 01, 2018 10:35 am

It obviously isn't relevant anymore, but I find it brings in a concept of scarcity if someone's willing to just delete a pet versus giving it to someone else. Doesn't make it a good thing but-
⋆ quitting, find me on Instagram @ artwhorse ⋆
etriers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazooo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:04 am

I agree. I do not think it is a good idea to have such a button. I don't like the idea of people having the power to delete pets so no one else can have them. I just don't get why anyone would rather throw something away then let others enjoy it. :D

For those who want to get rid of pets quick send them to the pound, an adoption agency, or send a massive gift to someone. If you want them gone super quick send them as a gift to anyone who is currently online.

Edit: I'm sorry if this a bit much considering were talking about pixels, but these pixels make people happy and I think that's important.
Kazooo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoiye3 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:42 am

Keep the button... in my opinion.
Smile, you're beautiful. ❤️