What tier would this be?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

What tier would this be?

Postby PinkAngel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Pet's name: Ilene
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

I see people around forums talking about tiers and it's all so confusing. What tier would this pet be?
Also how do the values of pets work and how are they determined?
Click the icons if you want to join!
Please refer my Xanje user, poptarts.

I love having Wermz.
Praise the Wermz.
Let us all get Wermz!

PinkAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What tier would this be?

Postby Aliria » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Tier refers to a pet's placement on the rares list. The pet that you posted isn't on the list, so it does not have a tier.
Last edited by Aliria on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What tier would this be?

Postby Celozon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:09 pm

The tiers users are talking about are referring to the Rares List. This is a user made list of the rarest pets on the site, and which are worth the most. Pets on top are the most valuable, pets on the bottom the least (in terms of rares list pets, they are still more valuable than pets not on the list).

When talking about the Rares List, a 'tier' refers to a single line on the list, though normally users only give tier numbers (tier 1, tier 7, etc) when talking about the Advent List portion of the Rares List, the lowest part of the list. All pets on the same line, or tier, are worth the same amount. Its easier to refer to a pet by its tier number than by name since its fairly easy to remember their value based on what tier they are on, rather than remembering each pet's individual value.

There is more info up on the Rares List thread as well.

That pet isn't on the Rares List, so it doesn't have a tier. Its considered a regular '08 very rare, though worth a bit more than most other '08 very rares (that aren't on the rares list). I believe it is considered a bit rarer than some of the others, but not enough to be on the rares list. If you aren't sure about trades for it, I'd suggest getting them checked on the Fair Trade Thread.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me