"Archive: Past Summer Event Images" Other events too?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

"Archive: Past Summer Event Images" Other events too?

Postby Raticia » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:42 am

I saw the amazing detailed threade about the past summer events nickjr and a lot of other people did a wile ago and was thinking: Why dont we have that for the other past events as well? We already got outcomes and discussion threades of the past years burried withing the Forum of "Chicken Smoothie Discussions" under tons of other things. Remember currently this Forum got about 1547 sides and the events are somethere inside this sides.

I know we could simply head to the Archive to see the pets and items of the past events and the eastern, advent and halloween events aren't as big and detailed as the summer event, but I still think it would be a good idea to see them side by side again in a threade. So new players could easyer find them and see the art, thoughts and love what went into the design of the past event pets. And again how the designs evolved through the years of chickensmoothie.

I thought about multiple ways this could be done:
The old threades like the one from 2016 Advent for example could be simply moved to the "Chicken Smoothie Events Discussion"-Forum. But since the past years event Outcomes treades are also the disscusion treades, like it was in 2016, this threades would be quite large. (Advent 2016 got 787 sides).
Or like it was done by nickjr a new threade could be created to store the past and future events of a "certain type" (one for eastern, one for halloween, one for advents).

Maybe in this precess the listes of pets and items could even be expanded to add for example the box images of the past event boxes (if someone got the images, i personally do not have old screenshots of the box arts, sadly). Or the time the items/pets the pets there based on could be added as well, so user could finde them easyer on the Archive if they like them and want to add them to there wishlist.
In the process I would volunteer to searche for the old threades and pet list ass well as expand them with the information i am able to gather, like the release date of the item/pet they there based on for example.

I will leave this idea now how it is and would like to heare your thoughts/idears about it as well.
I apoligiese if there are any grammer or spelling mistakes, feel free to correct me or/and ask me if you got problems to understand anything. (I can explain the matter in German via pm as well if anyone would prefer it this way, i would put any thoughts given to me in German thene here as well, in English of curse)

Greetings Raticia
ImageImageImage

Free to use Avatar, by Swiftalu
Free tu use Squiddys from Starrats
Raticia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: "Archive: Past Summer Event Images" Other events too?

Postby nickjr » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Glad to hear you like the summer event images thread :D

I actually started that thread because all of our summer events have so many great images and I felt it would be nice if we could find them all easily again. Then my archivist tendencies got out of control this past summer event and I basically documented the entire darn event, including nearly all of the flavor text, because my inner archivist was like DON'T LOSE THIS CONTENT :lol:

I recently saw a post someone made about a week ago about saving the giftbox images somewhere and I've been considering starting a thread with all of our giftbox images, sorted by event (Easter, Halloween, Advent [undoubtedly the largest collection of images], Misc e.g. Valentine's Day, Hanukkah). Due to time constraints I haven't actually done anything about that beyond saving the image URLs of the giftboxes in a PM draft. I wonder if this is something that staff would be okay with?

I also think that it would be really nice if all past event threads could be moved to the Events board. The other events are generally small and of the same format; there's not much that I would want to store in threads like I do for the summer events since there's not much that I think is lost once the event pages are taken down (as you said, we can see the pets and items in the archives; the only things really "lost" are the flavor text for the trade-ins and any giftbox images that aren't later reused, and although I love the flavor text, they're not part of a story or something and so I feel like it's okay if they're lost). But then staff would have to take the time to move the threads.
(Maybe it would be easier if regular user volunteers hunted down the threads and then presented a list of URLs?)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me