Equiping Items (Problem)

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Equiping Items (Problem)

Postby DirtCube » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:04 am

I have found out that equiping costumes and items are a little hard. Maybe CS could make auto equip and make it so it can toggle. Sometimes the costumes and items get i little wierd when equiped on the wrong place. CS could fix this. :D :D :D :D
Derp Rulez [._.]
My Favorite Pet
DirtCube

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Equiping Items (Problem)

Postby Lacuna » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:40 am

DirtCube wrote:I have found out that equiping costumes and items are a little hard. Maybe CS could make auto equip and make it so it can toggle. Sometimes the costumes and items get i little wierd when equiped on the wrong place. CS could fix this. :D :D :D :D

Unfortunately this is not possible because, while all the pets of a certain species are on the same lineart, they are each drawn individually and the cropping on the images and the lineart edits (even different types of ears on dogs, for example) mean there's no standard for where an item would "snap on" to a pet. Some sites have very standard linearts where this works (for example, Flight Rising) but CS pets are not capable of being standardized in the same way.

Also, many users enjoy being able to put items wherever they want on pets. It allows for creativity and unique pet dressups, where a whole scene is made, for example, not just pets wearing clothes.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me