Can't put gifs in my signature?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Can't put gifs in my signature?

Postby Infinitesimal » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Whenever I try to put gifs in my signature they just show up as the word image. The url always has "blob:" before it, I think that might have something to do with it but I'm not sure what it means?
It happens with all gifs, but not pictures. I'm uploading them to imgur and copying the image location. I don't think its a lag issue, because I tried logging in with a different computer and nothing changed.
Infinitesimal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Can't put gifs in my signature?

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:47 pm

Try waiting a bit longer before taking the address of the image. It takes a little bit for Imugr to finish uploading the image (especially for gifs because they are larger). blob: usually appears before the image if it hasn't finished uploading all the way.

If this continues to be an issue after a few minutes have passed, you may need to try uploading it again, or finding a gif with a smaller file size.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Can't put gifs in my signature?

Postby Infinitesimal » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:Try waiting a bit longer before taking the address of the image. It takes a little bit for Imugr to finish uploading the image (especially for gifs because they are larger). blob: usually appears before the image if it hasn't finished uploading all the way.

If this continues to be an issue after a few minutes have passed, you may need to try uploading it again, or finding a gif with a smaller file size.

Thank you! I finally got it to work
Infinitesimal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me