What's this?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

What's this?

Postby ᴄᴏʀɢɪ » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi! What does the '3 month rule' mean? sorry, just saw it around ;u;
ᴄᴏʀɢɪ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What's this?

Postby Shinryu » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:37 pm

The "three month rule" is a rule of thumb that many people use when they're trading pets.
    It means that two pets of the same rarity (eg. uncommon for uncommon) can be fairly traded for each other as long as they were released within three months from each other (for example, a June 2017 pet for an April 2017 pet).

For a lot of people, the age/release date of pets is important when considering the fairness of a trade. Many don't like trading pets with big age gaps for each other, as older pets are generally considered more valuable, even if the rarity is the same.
    So the three-month rule is meant to help with figuring out if the pets are close enough to each other, or if something needs to be added to one side to make the trade fair.

There are notable exceptions, however: Rares List pets defy the age rule and go by their list tiers.
    For extended release pets the month of reference is generally the last month they were available, rather than the first. (For example, a pet that was available from August 2008 to August 2009 will have the three-month rule applied to August 2009.)
    And lastly, re-release pets are valued by their original release month (or as noted above if they are list or extended release pets), not their adoption date.^^

(Note that all of this is just describing prevalent opinions in the community. There aren't official rules on pet values (all we have is the rarity tags), so all of the above is just what a large portion of the userbase decides to go with.)
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mods lock!

Postby ᴄᴏʀɢɪ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:01 am

ZΕL wrote:
    The "three month rule" is a rule of thumb that many people use when they're trading pets.
    It means that two pets of the same rarity (eg. uncommon for uncommon) can be fairly traded for each other as long as they were released within three months from each other (for example, a June 2017 pet for an April 2017 pet).

For a lot of people, the age/release date of pets is important when considering the fairness of a trade. Many don't like trading pets with big age gaps for each other, as older pets are generally considered more valuable, even if the rarity is the same.
    So the three-month rule is meant to help with figuring out if the pets are close enough to each other, or if something needs to be added to one side to make the trade fair.

There are notable exceptions, however: Rares List pets defy the age rule and go by their list tiers.
    For extended release pets the month of reference is generally the last month they were available, rather than the first. (For example, a pet that was available from August 2008 to August 2009 will have the three-month rule applied to August 2009.)
    And lastly, re-release pets are valued by their original release month (or as noted above if they are list or extended release pets), not their adoption date.^^

(Note that all of this is just describing prevalent opinions in the community. There aren't official rules on pet values (all we have is the rarity tags), so all of the above is just what a large portion of the userbase decides to go with.)

Ah alright. Thank you (3!
ᴄᴏʀɢɪ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me