How much blood / gore is allowed in artwork?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

How much blood / gore is allowed in artwork?

Postby kiwipen » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Really need some clarification on what themes are and aren't allowed in artwork, especially in amount of blood, injury, etc. are allowed.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How much blood / gore is allowed in artwork?

Postby Shian » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:05 pm

None. You can have bloodless injuries but if it’s disturbing, it’s not allowed.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:22 pm

Shian wrote:None. You can have bloodless injuries but if it’s disturbing, it’s not allowed.

Thank you! That helps a ton :)
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby na'vi. » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:24 pm

also begs the question, if we post said work on DA and link our da here are we allowed to or not since our da contains unsuitable content for cs?
na'vi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:10 pm

We do have a few pets on CS with very, very minor amounts of blood. See the purple batdog from Halloween 2008 and the vampire dog from Halloween 2010. To be safe I would go with what Shian said though

For posting offsite stuff, this is the rule of thumb I use: If I we're to directly paste the ENTIRE webpage onto CS into my post, then would there be anything against CS rules in my post? If yes, then I cannot link to the page on CS. So this means no posting links that contain my personal information, rated R/18+ stuff, gore, etc

Edit: I just realized the question was more indirect than what I answered, sorry. I would wager no. Then we have the question of "does t matter how long the trail of links to get to inappropriate content is" and I don't think there's a hardline answer for that. So I'd go with what the purpose of the website/the link is. For example on dA when you link to your dA it's generally so people can look through your gallery. This makes your images easily accessible. So I wouldn't link to your dA if it has stuff not appropriate for CS. (Tangent: So it's okay to link dA at all because it's not generally linked with the purpose of "hey you should check out all the million+ pieces on dA" lol but of course if you try to be sneaky and give instructions on how to get to inappropriate content through a clean dA link then you are not gonna fly)

On phone I blame autocorrect my English is usually much better but phone keyboards don't let me have good English and type quickly at the same time :U
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:38 am

If you are unsure whether a specific image is appropriate for CS, or if you can link to a certain site, please send us a help ticket! We will gladly answer your question.

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/help/gethelp
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:41 am

Burrito Bunny wrote:If you are unsure whether a specific image is appropriate for CS, or if you can link to a certain site, please send us a help ticket! We will gladly answer your question.

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/help/gethelp

Thank you :)
I was on the fence about a picture someone posted in my discord, and to be on the safe side, I deleted it and updated the discord rules to reflect absolutely no blood whatsoever :)
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:32 am

is there a way to have pg blood? g rated blood?
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:03 am

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:is there a way to have pg blood? g rated blood?

i'd assume so, considering a few pets on CS have blood on them (Re: Batdog) also it's not like kids are never exposed to blood in the first place (kids scrape their knees and cut themselves on stuff all the time)
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Minor amounts of blood (like on the CS pets someone mentioned) and small amounts and sizes of cuts/scrapes are allowed. Totally clean and cartoony severed body parts are okay as long as it's not used to show the character in pain and there is no blood or similar coming from them. There should never be drawings depicting guts, large amounts of blood, detailed wounds, or otherwise heavily realistic injuries. Themes of abuse, cruelty, self-harm, or hate towards groups or individuals never have a place on CS regardless of the severity of the violent content, so keep that in mind as well.

If you are ever unsure about an image please ask via a help request, as already mentioned, rather than posting it on the forums. If you draw something with CS Oekaki that breaks the rules you can save it for your own personal use elsewhere without posting it. This can be done via a screenshot or copying and editing the image link from your saved drawings (change the size description to large in the link).

As for linking to other sites, all linked content should follow CS rules. Please do not link to your deviantART or other art sharing site if your gallery on that site contains art that would violate these guidelines.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me