Banned users with customs// Where do they go?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Banned users with customs// Where do they go?

Postby Finalized » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:44 am

This isn't an extremely important question, but for awhile now I've wondered where the custom pets that people own if banned go or would go. Have any users who previously have had a custom pet made been banned? Do they go to the pound like every other pet?

I do realize that custom pets are very limited on CS, and mostly staff/retired staff own them, but the question always left me brain dead.

Thanks for any info!
Finalized

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Banned users with customs// Where do they go?

Postby djfhdskjf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:35 am

No user recorded to have owned a custom pet has been banned; however, there are still users who have quit Chicken Smoothie and left their pets (custom pet included) on their inactive account. Since no users recorded to own a custom pet have been banned before, I believe the custom pet would go to the pound, same as how any banned account's pets would go to the pound. Since you can trade your custom pet, having your custom pet donated to the pound is possible I believe. :)
djfhdskjf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Finalized » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Spotted hyena wrote:No user recorded to have owned a custom pet has been banned; however, there are still users who have quit Chicken Smoothie and left their pets (custom pet included) on their inactive account. Since no users recorded to own a custom pet have been banned before, I believe the custom pet would go to the pound, same as how any banned account's pets would go to the pound. Since you can trade your custom pet, having your custom pet donated to the pound is possible I believe. :)

Ah, thank you. I just had figured a special placement would be suited for customs, especially considering customs are art of someone's characters so basically having them be re-Adopted would sort of be like stealing someone's character... if you think about it? But considering there are no recorded banned users who have owned customs, I guess we'll just have to assume from there.
Finalized

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm

See I would think that the custom would simply be voided, as the custom would be for the person who has deserved it. It would be 'taken' away because they no longer deserve it? Even though the customs technically can be traded, anyone who owns one won't because it's too special too them *you'd think so?*
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sali » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:37 pm

Actually there was a member who had a custom and got banned. The UR Cat originally was a Custom pet and after the player got banned, CS decided to released it as UR pet.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33829&hilit=ur+cat+banned+member

But I would highly doubt that if someone with a custom would be banned now, that something like this would happen again??
Sali

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:33 pm

Customs can't be traded without permission, so if it was given to the pound I assume that it would be taken out.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Finalized » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:19 am

Sali wrote:
Actually there was a member who had a custom and got banned. The UR Cat originally was a Custom pet and after the player got banned, CS decided to released it as UR pet.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33829&hilit=ur+cat+banned+member

But I would highly doubt that if someone with a custom would be banned now, that something like this would happen again??

Oh gosh, that is so interesting. Never knew that, guess i'll have to pay attention from now on, haha. Thank you!
smofir. wrote:Customs can't be traded without permission, so if it was given to the pound I assume that it would be taken out.

Thanks so much!
~Phantom wrote:See I would think that the custom would simply be voided, as the custom would be for the person who has deserved it. It would be 'taken' away because they no longer deserve it? Even though the customs technically can be traded, anyone who owns one won't because it's too special too them *you'd think so?*

I kind of thought it would be voided, too. I've seen quite a few users trade their customs, but of course for massive overpay- but considering the user was given it you would think that it would be specially placed, rather than just the pound.
Finalized

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:00 am

Yeah, I don't know much about the UR Black Cat's story, but as far as I know, there wasn't much issue with releasing it to everyone because the design of the cat is pretty generic (to the point where there used to be quite some confusion over that cat and the black "Warrior" cat with duller green eyes; there might still be confusion over it but I don't think it's a widespread confusion). Customs that are based off of OC's or are otherwise designed by a banned user would probably be treated differently.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oshawott8888 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:02 am

smofir. wrote:Customs can't be traded without permission, so if it was given to the pound I assume that it would be taken out.

That's not true
I've heard that a while back, a custom rock was in the pound? and someone ended up with it ^-^
─────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

ImageHi! I'm Osha!Image
ImageAnime and BTS obsessedImage
ImageLoves BirbsImage
───────{Image}─────
Image.
Image.

.....................ImageImageImage
Internet Addict~
ImageImage
Oshawott8888

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:03 am

Oshawott8888 wrote:

That's not true
I've heard that a while back, a custom rock was in the pound? and someone ended up with it ^-^

This is also what I remember; I think the original user with the custom actually made a trade to send the rock to the Pound
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me