Uploading to Oekaki

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Uploading to Oekaki

Postby kiwi sauce » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:43 pm

This is less of a question and more of a suggestion because I'm at my wits end
      trying to figure out how to get the Oekaki working. I've read the Oekaki help
      thread and even had correspondence with a few mods regarding why I cannot
      get pen pressure working on chickenpaint/chibipaint with no luck in solving
      the solution. I cannot use the Oekaki because I'm primarily a chrome user,
      I don't like firefox, cannot use Edge because my OS is Windows 7 and I refuse
      to upgrade to that mess that is Win10. I even tried using IE and can't get any
      response from my tablet. Before you ask, yes I've updated all my drivers, yes
      I installed JTablet, yes I've restarted both my browser and computer, I'm kinda
      just resigned at this point.

My suggestion is somehow allowing users to upload directly from their computers
      an image that is either a Jpg/Jpeg, gif, or png for those of us who just can't get
      the Oekaki working. I understand that it's not currently an option because theft
      but considering the roleplay boards are run rampant with art 'thieves' I don't see
      the viability of this argument.

If you think you can offer any last ditch assistance in getting the Oekaki working
      for me I'm willing to try but I'm irritated and frustrated with the whole thing and
      have been trying for an hour and a half with nothing to show for it but weird stuff
      downloaded to my computer.
kiwi sauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Uploading to Oekaki

Postby Shian » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:31 pm

The oekaki was designed for artists. The most prominent feature being no uploading to prevent art theft. Just because you see people stealing art all the time, that does not mean it's suddenly ok to do it. Just report any art theft you see since mods cannot be everywhere at once.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwi sauce » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Shian wrote:The oekaki was designed for artists. The most prominent feature being no uploading to prevent art theft. Just because you see people stealing art all the time, that does not mean it's suddenly ok to do it. Just report any art theft you see since mods cannot be everywhere at once.

If I were to spend my time reporting every user within the roleplay boards who is
      using copyrighted material or isn't citing where the image came from I'd want to be made
      a mod. In almost every thread I find users posting images (including photography) that likely
      aren't supposed to. Reporting every one of them would flood the moderators with an unenviable
      amount of tickets.

Also, if you have nothing constructive to contribute to this thread I ask that you don't post. I am
      fully aware of why the current parameter's in place - I even referenced it in my first post - but
      you aren't offering anything I don't already know.
kiwi sauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:52 pm

There is no possible way to have oekaki upload art no matter how many players want it. It's just not something that software can do, sorry.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:40 pm

Have you tried updating to the latest verdon of Chrome? :)

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:20 am

I've gotten pen pressure but it was only in Win10. I understand why you wouldn't want to update to that, it is a mess. I switched somewhat recently from Win7 to Linux because it started getting so slow I couldn't handle it. I don't even get pen pressure on it. The only things I can suggest are updating Java and updating Chrome... or even downgrading Chrome since I read that a version of Chrome was dropping support for NPAPI which affects Java and it could cause issues detecting pen pressure. I don't think this would work though.

I do have to say I agree with Shian here though; even if the mods aren't fighting art theft as much as is optimal, it doesn't mean it's okay to allow art theft in a way in another method. Even if software can allow it I don't think they would do it. I thought of a similar idea though, one where you could save your oekaki files as a .oekaki to your computer and upload it back to the oekaki. But have these .oekaki files unable to be exported as a different file type and unable to be read as an image file in your typical art programs.

If you are willing to try Firefox, I would suggest the ESR version (extended support release).

Good luck in getting pen pressure to work!