can't find a specific pet i own..

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: can't find a specific pet i own..

Postby Shian » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Your trade history cannot be erased. Click the "trades" button and look there instead of PMs.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:48 pm

It sounds like you declined a trade with the pet in it? If that's the case, you can go to the page where you can view the trade and click on the pet to find its location the way I described above.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaylin540 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Kayoubi wrote:
    It sounds like you declined a trade with the pet in it? If that's the case, you can go to the page where you can view the trade and click on the pet to find its location the way I described above.

yeah i've gone through all my declined trades and accepted trades and pound trades and there's nothing. its like the trade never happened. so im going through my emails right now to see if my trade history matches the emails. thats the only thing i can think of now is that somehow through some weird fluke somehow erased the transaction completely, or it somehow got pounded or something? is there a record of when we pound things?
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:19 pm

I don't think you understand what I mean. Regardless of whether any pets were transferred or not,
    you can use a cancelled trade that included the pet to get to the pet's profile, and then use that to find out where the pet is on the site.
    linebreak

Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaylin540 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:49 pm

Kayoubi wrote:
    I don't think you understand what I mean. Regardless of whether any pets were transferred or not,
    you can use a cancelled trade that included the pet to get to the pet's profile, and then use that to find out where the pet is on the site.

i understand that. what im saying is there is no trade with that pet in it in my history. i owned it, and now its gone. there is no trade in all 100 pages that either is a declined trade, an accepted trade or a pound trade that has me either receiving, declining, or otherwise having any dealings to do with that pet. so i cant check the trade i declined because its not in my history. the declined trade according to my trade history never happened. so since the trade was declined (or according to my history never happened) i still have to have the pet. because if you dont accept a trade, or pound the pet, the pet is still yours and is left where you put it. however since the trade i declined is no longer listed, i cant check it to find out the folder its in. so i did it manually. i checked every pet on every page of every folder, no matter what the name was and its not in any of them. but it was there within the last 6 days. so if i take it as a fact that no trades are ever deleted, and every trade ever recorded is there and there is no way for a trade history to go missing. i am somehow imagining an entire trade being sent to me, me looking at it, me deciding against it and me responding, and then going to bump my trade thread. and then the facts would have to be that i never traded it or declined a trade for it. because if it was traded there would be a record of me accepting or declining. however there is also no record of me receiving the pet that i had even though i know it existed and i owned it and i had a folder for it. so since i know for a fact i owned it, i know for a fact i no longer own it, and there is no record of me giving it to someone, either the trade history is missing and there was a glitch or my pet was removed from my account. that is the only options i have left from what i can see. and truthfully its frustrating and more than a little scary to think that a pet I've had for years can vanish with no trace.
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Oh, I see.

Do you know what approximate month/year the pet was from? Did you ever link to it anywhere on the forums? Is may also be possible that you accidentally deleted it - do you think this may be possible? It also may be that while you were checking your groups for it, you accidentally scrolled past it - this happens to everyone (and I actually do it fairly frequently).
    linebreak

Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saturn ♥ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:04 pm

I added the pet to my wishlist, and went to trade with you to see if you had it. The pet never came up. So either that's not the right one, or you accidentally deleted it somehow.

╔═════════════════════════╗
saturn || he/they

ImageImage

╚═════════════════════════╝
Saturn ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaylin540 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:06 pm

Kayoubi wrote:
    Oh, I see.

Do you know what approximate month/year the pet was from? Did you ever link to it anywhere on the forums? Is may also be possible that you accidentally deleted it - do you think this may be possible? It also may be that while you were checking your groups for it, you accidentally scrolled past it - this happens to everyone (and I actually do it fairly frequently).

i just thought of the deleted thing i thought maybe i was renaming and it got deleted but i just checked with a spare pet and it requires several clicks to delete and i would have had to check off two boxes and confirm for it to happen so i couldnt have done that..and i thought i scrolled past it but when i checked the last 4 times i havent seen it anywhere. its this one: http://static.chickensmoothie.com/archi ... &bg=99c57c from august '09. it claims on the archive that i dont have it and thats what made me confused.. ive been looking for it for 2 days now. so my only thought was maybe it somehow got sent to the pound because the pounding of a pet leaves no traces. however, i just tried right now and i cant find any button anywhere to pound a pet so i dont know how i would have done it since i cant figure out how to right now.
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaylin540 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:21 pm

i just found out something interesting though on the deleted thing. i went through with a deletion of a spare pet to test my theory that a deleted pet might erase itself from your history. what it DOES do is something very very interesting.

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... wj3l-WqU7Q

see the little box there that says it has trouble displaying? i have 2 very very old trades (like 2012-2013) that have that box in them. that i received a pet that now shows up as "error displaying" now i know for a fact that no trades in my list have that horse listed in the images. however. since you cant tell what pet it was after its gone, its possible that that horse was one of those boxes. so that leads me to conclude that if one of those received trades was the horse, one of two things happened. either it magically got deleted (since i didnt do it) oooor since it says "error displaying pet" and not that it was deleted specifically, that "error displaying" pets are not able to be found. on a search even if they exist. and since my horse was always either a uncommon or rare but never a very rare, and the archive classes it as a VR, that it may have triggered a system error and become unshown. thoughts on that?
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:56 pm

All trades are kept on the system. You just can't find trades past the first 100 pages unless you specifically look for it (search your trades for the username of someone who made a super old trade with you, go to the page of a pet you received a long time ago, or somehow find the direct link to the trade)

I've never heard of any CS errors like the ones you're suggesting in all the years I've been here. That sounds a lot more like a cache issue where your cache got corrupted and swapped images around.

Edit: I didn't intend for that to come off as mean or something, sorry; I have no idea what a better phrasing would be

Edit2: also just to make sure: does anyone else have access to ANY of the computers and devices that you have used to log on to CS? Are you sure you logged out of CS on public computers and locked your personal computers so that no one can access your account?
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me